Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Where in the world is [GeoGuessr]?

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    It put me in view of the Sydney Opera House, anyone know where that is located????
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Call these nuts the Sword of Damocles 'cause they're hanging over your headRegistered User regular
    Canberra
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Call these nuts the Sword of Damocles 'cause they're hanging over your headRegistered User regular
    17,000 points bitchessssssssssssssssss
    Dayuum
    man

Yukon looks way too goddamn much like Montana

and Australia looks wayyyyy too much like South Africa

this is bullshit
    I can't tell any of central and South America apart. Does that make me racist?
    B

I

T

CH

EZ

hil726L.jpg

(I legit just recognized the Battery in Charleston Harbor, pretty boss, my map-penis is enormous)
    FUCK YOU DAWSON CITY

WHY DO YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF NOVELTY STORES ABOUT THE KLONDIKE GOLD RUSH IF YOU AREN'T LOCATED IN FUCKING KLONDIKE
    wait

no

Dawson WAS the location of the Klondike Gold Rush

FUCK YOU ALASKA WHY DO YOU HAVE A SITE MARKED "KLONDIKE GOLD RUSH" 500 KILOMETERS FROM WHERE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
    FUCK YOU NEW ZEALAND WHY DO YOUR SPEED LIMIT SIGNS LOOK THE SAME AS NORWAY'S
  • KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    OK, yes

That was my first guess

In the middle of the ocean

Alright

cuLHi9U.jpg
    steam_sig.png
    ooh, I had that one too

fuck that island
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    aww yeah
    bRft5C7.png

b1ZpKTV.png

They weren't in the same quiz but still

pretty good
    there should be a law requiring all foreign countries without an easily recognizable written language to fly their national flag from every structure in the land
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Fucking Australia.

When in doubt, it's always Australia.
    God dammit, Russia how can you have more than one famous Red Fort

I was so proud of knowing that "Krasnaya Gorka" was on the Baltic Coast but NOPE turns out there's another historic Krasnaya Gorka in fucking Siberia
    man, how do you get a job as a Google Street View Car Driver Guy

this seems like a really fun job
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    I got the creepiest thing, just like, a camper in the woods. and now I have the google car stuck in ice and some just shrugging at it
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
  • FishmanFishman scientia potentia est Robot ProvocateurRegistered User regular
    Jesus fuck, random school deep in the Amazon. You can actually navigate around the grounds, being the chapel, the soccerfield and the classrooms, but access is by fucking boat. Not a road for miles.
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    You can navigate? I've just been turning in 360 degrees.
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Does all of the US have ridiculously straight roads or is it just the midwest?
  • DruhimDruhim Usagi's cuddlefish Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The U.S. is a very large country with widely varied geography and cultures, etc. So no, of course it isn't all straight roads.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius bird internet Saint Petersburg RussiaRegistered User regular
    what I have learned is I have no idea what australia looks like
    Druhim wrote: »
    The U.S. is a very large country with widely varied geography and cultures, etc. So no, of course it isn't all straight roads.

Thanks!
  • GoslingGosling Team Monica Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Why does Hawaii at Christmas time look like Georgia?
    I'm trying, through my blog, to break into the journalism industry. Any eyes and ears that pick up on any leads towards that end are greatly appreciated. PM me if you happen to hear anything.
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

a barrel of laughs you are
    nipplessig.jpg
    Houk wrote: »

a barrel of laughs you are

I think my answer is pretty reasonable when someone's asking if an area 3.8 million square miles all has really straight roads. It's like thinking the Mexican food you had at your local restaurant represents the entire cuisine of a nation of 760k square miles and 115 million people.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Druhim's right, I forgot to check the statistics before I posted my question. If only I would've looked up the total square mileage of the US and compared it to the parts of Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas I'd just traversed on Google Maps I would have realized what a ridiculous thing it was to ask.
    Flarne on
    I mean, it's no big deal. You're not dumb, Flarne. I figured you were being somewhat hyperbolic with your question. But we do sometimes have a skewed image of countries we're not familiar with, like people who think Mexican food is all tacos and enchiladas.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    man, how do you get a job as a Google Street View Car Driver Guy

this seems like a really fun job

also harrowing, judging from some of these pictures
    2wrn580.png
    I mean, it's no big deal. You're not dumb, Flarne. I figured you were being somewhat hyperbolic with your question. But we do sometimes have a skewed image of countries we're not familiar with, like people who think Mexican food is all tacos and enchiladas.

You gotta admit that "They've got really straight roads" is a preferrable ridiculous image of the US than "They're all fat, gun-toting lunatics" though.
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    Game finished!
    You got 24417 points in total.

only one australia<--->new zealand blowout, which is better than average imo.
  • GumpyGumpy Beep BoopRegistered User regular
    So I guess I was super close with 3 of them but guessed Texas for the two Australian ones

What is the best advice for telling them apart
    Gumpsig_zps4f2a768a.png
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    So I guess I was super close with 3 of them but guessed Texas for the two Australian ones

what side of the road cars are on

hawkeyesig.jpg
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    graighrhgordhtgyrhgre

NEW RULE: if you upload a panorama of you standing in some ugly park in Macedonia to Google Earth, you go to jail for a hundred years
    Gumpy wrote: »

Are there people? Are they mostly white and toting guns? Probably Texas.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    See, Australia would be mostly white but not toting guns. :P
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Do they look like they're named Bruce?

Probably Australia