Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Where in the world is [GeoGuessr]?

1235»

• DruhimDruhim Usagi's cuddlefish Registered User, ClubPA regular
    nah
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    I just consider it two different ways to play, and the scores aren't comparable

ie

what's the best score you can get without googling?

what's the best score you can get with?

(my current goal is to break 30k with googling. I've gotten around 25-27k, but you need to be within 10km or so for all of them to have a shot at 30)
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    This is the best game ever. Got dropped here for my last one of the night, making like 4 in Vancouver this evening.
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM
  • IloveslimesIloveslimes Registered User regular
    I got one a few days ago that was just a snow covered steep mountain. No roads, not even a trail.
    I just got a really tricky one. It looks like the Netherlands, but the only people were asian. Thankfully I've been to Huis Ten Bosch, the Holland-themed theme park outside of Nagasaki, Japan.
    Fearghaill wrote: »

ie

(my current goal is to break 30k with googling. I've gotten around 25-27k, but you need to be within 10km or so for all of them to have a shot at 30)

anyone can play it however they want
    however it's dumb as hell to suggest that doing some research and learning more about a place you didn't know about is "cheating"
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • crwthcrwth Registered User regular
    if this damn thing plops me down in new zealand one more time i'm gonna piss myself

and not like i usually do
    C6ALTav.jpg
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »

ie

however it's dumb as hell to suggest that doing some research and learning more about a place you didn't know about is "cheating"

sounds like something a cheater would say
    tumblr_m8qk6bmq5b1qigwg9o1_500.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    To play it faster I'm limiting myself to not moving around on the map other than to rotate and zoom.

It's going okay, though I keep getting "middle of nowhere, South Africa" and "middle of nowhere, Australia" confused.
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

on the other hand, it is something that makes a very significant difference in the ammout of points you can reasonably score, so if you prefer "augmented" i'm all for it.
    bwanie on
    go home geth, you're drunk.
    bwanie wrote: »

on the other hand, it is something that makes a very significant difference in the ammout of points you can reasonably score, so if you prefer "augmented" i'm all for it.

Like I said, play however you want. But if you're going to suggest someone's lame because they're actually doing some research and learning something they didn't know before, well that's straight up bullshit.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    bwanie wrote: »

Like I said, play however you want. But if you're going to suggest someone's lame because they're actually doing some research and learning something they didn't know before, well that's straight up bullshit.

yeah, cluehunting is very educational and fun, but i gotta admit i do think it's best without google.

14 k record, suck on it.
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Introduced this to my workplace today, productivity declined 50% for the rest of the day
    facebook.pngsteam.pngyoutube.pnglinkedin.jpgxbox.pngminepick.png