Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    shins are playing in park city tomorrow night (tonight)

i can't get anyone to go with me because it's money, but i don't care, I'm going, because i deserve to see the fucking shins
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    When my g/f got money out at the ATM today I saw the total in her account flash on the screen.

I now have concerns about her sense of fiscal responsibility... >.>

Does she have a separate savings account?

To my knowledge no.

I know that she has debt from school, debt on her credit card, and is behind on doing her shaken (legally required car check up) and that there isn't enough money in her account to do the shaken though.

But despite this, it was her idea to go on a trip to Bali that we just got back from.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Maybe she is planning to get eaten by a titan.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    When my g/f got money out at the ATM today I saw the total in her account flash on the screen.

To my knowledge no.

I know that she has debt from school, debt on her credit card, and is behind on doing her shaken (legally required car check up) and that there isn't enough money in her account to do the shaken though.

But despite this, it was her idea to go on a trip to Bali that we just got back from.

does she have parents who will bail her out?
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

To my knowledge no.

Possibly. I don't think she needs bailing out though. It is more that she is just living from paycheck to paycheck.

Which is fine, she is an adult and can make her own decisions with her money. But, it is good to know that we take pretty different approaches to money.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png

To my knowledge no.

Possibly. I don't think she needs bailing out though. It is more that she is just living from paycheck to paycheck.

Which is fine, she is an adult and can make her own decisions with her money. But, it is good to know that we take pretty different approaches to money.

Whelp, if your relationship isn't at the point where you feel the need to bail her out then put it out your mind. Her finances are her problem.
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I would have saved upwards of twenty-four hours in total, I think, had I written just this code earlier:
    # seasonal adjustment
    	lngdp <- lngdp - decompose(ts(lngdp,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal
    	lnm1 <- lnm1 - decompose(ts(lnm1,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal
    	lnm2 <- lnm2 - decompose(ts(lnm2,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal
    	lnm3 <- lnm3 - decompose(ts(lnm3,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal

seeing ronya's posts are like glimpsing into a person's descent toward madness.

he is a little bit mad professor-ish at times

i'm probably only saying that because half of what he posts goes so far over my head it may as well be in gibberish
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2013

i'm probably only saying that because half of what he posts goes so far over my head it may as well be in gibberish

most of it actually says "destroy all humans"

the rest says "beat god at his own game"
    Jacobkosh on
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular

And then he gets into the programming language...
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Good morning [chat]! I got back last night from Stuttgart by train and the moment we came near Holland everything slowed down and was crammed. :( I really wish Dutch railways would just try to copy the Deutsche Bahn. =/
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
    *guy sends email to a dept head here*

"we sent casual that information last week"

LIES MAKE THE BABBY JESUS CRY MR LIAR
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    shins are playing in park city tomorrow night (tonight)

i can't get anyone to go with me because it's money, but i don't care, I'm going, because i deserve to see the fucking shins

I don't mind going to shows by myself

not like I'll be talking to the people I go with anyway

shut up and listen to the music, people
    also shut up and listen to the music people
    Tav wrote: »
    also shut up and listen to the music people

HATE THE RYTHYMN
    Also I just found a bathroom here at work that actually gives me full signal so I can watch YouTube videos while in the bathroom!
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Also I just found a bathroom here at work that actually gives me full signal so I can watch YouTube videos while in the bathroom!
    Having a dump with headphones one is a weird thing.

Also, I am glad all our our toilets are apparently Faraday cages. I'd feel under pressure to finish up and answer any calls that arrive if they could.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I would have saved upwards of twenty-four hours in total, I think, had I written just this code earlier:
    # seasonal adjustment
    	lngdp <- lngdp - decompose(ts(lngdp,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal
    	lnm1 <- lnm1 - decompose(ts(lnm1,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal
    	lnm2 <- lnm2 - decompose(ts(lnm2,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal
    	lnm3 <- lnm3 - decompose(ts(lnm3,start=startDate,frequency=4))$seasonal

R looks like haskell or something.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    i have no idea what the fuck is going on in that code
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    There's nothing like toilet-chatti g

I do it 90% of the time
    turtlesig.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Haskell is a cruel joke.
    Also I see a new thread about healthcare, oo this'll be interesting, I like hearing the arguements against it. No, turns out some crazy dude is posting again.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Having a dump with headphones one is a weird thing.

Also, I am glad all our our toilets are apparently Faraday cages. I'd feel under pressure to finish up and answer any calls that arrive if they could.

me too

im so glad ours are a fortress of solitude i can read ebooks in
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Oh yeah, this is a family bathroom so it is just a single locking bathroom. A fortress of solitude.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Good morning [chat]! I got back last night from Stuttgart by train and the moment we came near Holland everything slowed down and was crammed. :( I really wish Dutch railways would just try to copy the Deutsche Bahn. =/

I'm going to forward this post to the detractors of Stuttgart 21. :P

Good morning!
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Good morning!

Who am S21 and why detract?
    hahaha

german words
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    i have no idea what the fuck is going on in that code
    Takes a series of data, works out the seasonal differences between the data points, subtracts that from the original data set and returns it. Removing the differences that usually occur over seasons to find the long running trends.

At least I think. I have never seen R code in my life.

Haphazard wrote: »

Good morning!

Who am S21 and why detract?

A planned redesign of Stuttgart's main train station, which constantly gobbles up more and more resources (e.g. money) and will not better the train traffic situation in any way. I'd say according to the project's detractors, but sadly that's pretty much true.
    Haskell is a cruel joke.
    Part of me really wants to learn it properly because it looks like it could be really elegant and pretty looking.

But it's just such a different way of thinking. And the people who use it are all incredibly elitist pricks.

My uni lecturer for Haskell said if you are using any other language at any other point you are programming wrong.

Also I see a new thread about healthcare, oo this'll be interesting, I like hearing the arguements against it. No, turns out some crazy dude is posting again.

The arguments against state funded healthcare all boil down to "NOT WITH MY TAX MONEY".
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Back when I was a computer scientist we had a module that had us do all the assignments twice: Once in java and once in Haskell.

The marking schemes were such though that it wasn't strictly 50:50. In fact it was possible to get a solid 2i with only doing one of the two implementations. So we all just abandoned the Haskell after the first week.
    edited May 2013

The arguments against state funded healthcare all boil down to "NOT WITH MY TAX MONEY".
    Well yes. But I enjoy reading bad arguments.

Also the idea that is it isn't in the constitution or wether or not it should be is interesting.
    Back when I was a computer scientist we had a module that had us do all the assignments twice: Once in java and once in Haskell.

The marking schemes were such though that it wasn't strictly 50:50. In fact it was possible to get a solid 2i with only doing one of the two implementations. So we all just abandoned the Haskell after the first week.
    A friend of mine learnt haskell as their first language. Learning that mode of thinking first really really helped I think.
    Antinumeric on

Also the idea that is isn't in the constitution or wether or not it should be is interesting.

true, true

to be honest i'm kind of put off the whole idea of a constitution

seeing how hidebound the americans are to theirs, it's like an albatross round their necks, rigid and incapible of change

R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    I haven't programmed ANYTHING in about a year. I'll have to relearn a lot of basics before attempting forth year in September.
    I played a bit of the open beta weekend of Marvel Heroes over the weekend. It's kinda fun, but will probably end up being boring pretty fast. I'm still pondering whether or not I should buy a starter pack... hmm.

A friend of mine learnt haskell as their first language. Learning that mode of thinking first really really helped I think.

That is interesting, but I'm worried it may be like only allowing your children to learn Esperanto.
    I haven't programmed ANYTHING in about a year. I'll have to relearn a lot of basics before attempting forth year in September.
    You're Going Forth?

/programmerjokes

Also the idea that is isn't in the constitution or wether or not it should be is interesting.

true, true

to be honest i'm kind of put off the whole idea of a constitution

seeing how hidebound the americans are to theirs, it's like an albatross round their necks, rigid and incapible of change
    My impression of the constitution is it is supposed to change (relatively) frequently. That it doesn't seems a bit naff.

This discussion has been closed.