Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Excitement at own place plummets after outlet fiasco. Dewback submitted to psychiatric ward screaming " the groundsssssss I must have grrrrrounnndddss!"
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    this monitor kinda wobbles back and forth

I do not like this

welcome to windoesnt
    919UOwT.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Man there are some creepy assholes who live in my building. Knocking on my neighbor's door at 11pm and then going around to the parking lot to see if his lights on.

He's not pirating Word for you, jackass, let it die.

the fuck? Just download LibreOffice for free.

Lazy entitled yankee rich kids.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Still shocked Ban Ki-moon is giving the address at my MA graduation.

-snip-

"You fucking punks. You think we're terrible at our jobs? Just wait until a couple of you get Real Jobs Making a Difference. This shit will eat you up as bad or worse than it did us! You will rue this day!"

"Drive safe!"
    network_sig2.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    what kind of car do you have raven? I need to buy one soon

she's a girl it's probably well maintained

she's a girl it probably hasn't had an oil change.

Ever.

In ... 2005 I bought a 1996 VW Golf.

And pulled the factory oil filter off of it. :(
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Raven.

What are your moving plans re: Edinburgh.

It is surprisingly expensive!
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Guys, I want chocolate. Something like a milano cookie. That'd be delicious right now.

But instead I bought sour cream and onion chips when I went grocery shopping today. :(
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

check the car for poo
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Ever.

HEY. I get it changed every 3-5,000 miles. I am on that shit.

Also they put a sticker on my windshield telling me when to do it.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Apparently the climbing gear I bought comes with a introductory lesson. Now I just need to schedule that, whenever my body stops screaming at me because I took it for a workout spin. I was coughing earlier, and pain exploded through every inch of my torso.

You didn't rent?

No, I'm committed to doing it for at least 6 months, and there was little value in the membership with rented gear option.

Hmm, that's odd that the gym would have you locked in so soon. When I was climbing a day pass and rental gear was only about $20. The memberships were only good value if you were going a few times a week
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    raven i know i often make fun of wealthy white people but i actually don't mean this part sarcastically- are your parents gonna help you out with spending money and stuff? i've known a few people who studied abroad and for all of them the 'wow' factor caused them to overspend a bunch and get themselves in a bit of a pickle. do you get a stipend or something as part of the grad program?

if i moved to paris tomorrow i'd be penniless in a ditch by thursday.

As of yet, I don't have any financial aid. I'm going to apply for scholarships and try to lower my tuition fees a bit, but yeah, I'm going to have to get much better with money really fast. I'm taking out a loan to pay for school and my living situation... I have a fair bit saved (and I still have to sell my car) so hopefully everything will add up. I'm on good terms with all four of my parents and I know they would bail me out if I do something stupid, but at this stage I really want to start taking care of myself and making my own way. We'll see if I crash and burn!

You'll be fine probably.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »

-snip-

"You fucking punks. You think we're terrible at our jobs? Just wait until a couple of you get Real Jobs Making a Difference. This shit will eat you up as bad or worse than it did us! You will rue this day!"

"Drive safe!"

If it was Kofi Annan I would go ask him, "Why are you so fucking blind?"

Because his damn attempts to create a "peaceful resolution" probably made the whole Syrian crisis worse as it gave an excuse for countries to say, "We ain't touching that shit, Annan has this."
    falasig.png
    Guys, I want chocolate. Something like a milano cookie. That'd be delicious right now.

But instead I bought sour cream and onion chips when I went grocery shopping today. :(

just change the molecules of the sour cream and onion chips into milano cookies using science
    919UOwT.png
    Edinburgh can either be a really expensive place to live or a really cheap place to live.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

You'll be fine probably.

How reassuring. :o

Raven.

I am going to do it and it's all going to work out and I will have lots of monies and then I will get an excellent job and have even more monies.

If not, I am not adverse to prostitution.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

2004 Honda Civic. Excellent condition! It doesn't even smell because I are clean! ~101,000 miles on it, but runs perfectly.

Passenger seat smell faintly of poop and/or grate.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Spool and Chu are freaking me out with this 'she's a chick' posts because what are they even trying to say?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    Wife at 3PM:
    Lets foot the club tonight! Lets not be lame like "olds"!
    Wife at 11PM:
    *adorable kitten snore*

W/e I have a bottle of rum and an Internet connection
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

You'll be fine probably.

Raven.

I am going to do it and it's all going to work out and I will have lots of monies and then I will get an excellent job and have even more monies.

If not, I am not adverse to prostitution.

With loans and stuff you'll be fine. You will definitely want to budget and work it out so you don't over do it on the loans (they will try to get you to take too much out, I'm gonna tell you this right now).

But the visa is a hassle, I assume you already have a passport? If not that'll be another couple hundo.

I'm sure you'll be fine. If I could figure it out anybody can.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    the yiddish schwartze is a slur but the german schwartzer isn't (or so i've been led to believe...)
    themoreyouknow.jpg
    Kagera wrote: »
    Spool and Chu are freaking me out with this 'she's a chick' posts because what are they even trying to say?

women are inferior sub-beings who deserve only contempt (and the d)
    919UOwT.png
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Ever.

In ... 2005 I bought a 1996 VW Golf.

And pulled the factory oil filter off of it. :(

D:
    Lh96QHG.png

You'll be fine probably.

I was gonna write a big reassuring bit about how you have a good attitude about it and seem very capable but my brain is not good for typing right now.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I picked a random episode of season 1 of Parks and Rec.

The scene was about Jerry, and they did not make fun of him.

Season 1 was weird.
    i have never watched parks and rec

or 30 rock
    919UOwT.png
    Hamurabi wrote: »

-snip-

"Drive safe!"

If it was Kofi Annan I would go ask him, "Why are you so fucking blind?"

Because his damn attempts to create a "peaceful resolution" probably made the whole Syrian crisis worse as it gave an excuse for countries to say, "We ain't touching that shit, Annan has this."

It was also a peace process presided over, on the opposition side, by intellectuals and dissidents not actually in Syria. They had no currency with the guys risking life and limb, and their inability to even get a ceasefire respected shows this imo.

But afaik the U.N. is pretty much a talk shop when it comes to anything that isn't a philanthropic endeavor like the WHO, or development work. If there's even a single belligerent party on some obscure issue, nothing happens. Sovereignty, etc.
    network_sig2.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Glory hole panda eats shoots, and leaves
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    Jerry's the best.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Gooey wrote: »

or 30 rock

get out of here you filthy casual
    Lh96QHG.png
    But you're better off than me. I didn't get told whether or not I was gonna make it until June something.

So I had to rush through July and August doing visa things.

Plenty of time. And you'll probably be able to fly directly in to the city without having a six hour layover in New Jersey after leaving your house at 530.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    My sister wrecked her last car's engine because she didn't get the oil changes

even with the sticker on the windshield

or 30 rock

i didnt watch an episode of friends until 2011
    919UOwT.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular

or 30 rock

Parks and Rec > 30 Rock

TREAT YO' SELF
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    My brain can't handle this!!!!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

or 30 rock

i didnt watch an episode of friends until 2011

you make me sick

i am literally blusterous with vomit right now
    Lh96QHG.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Having to buy a whole new car because you couldn't remember a $30 oil change every so often

I WAS MAD AT VIDEOGAMES ON THAT DAY
    Sarksus wrote: »
    My sister wrecked her last car's engine because she didn't get the oil changes

even with the sticker on the windshield

I do this. I am terrible at invisible things that need periodic attention.

Luckily my car was stolen roughly a year ago and I had no insurance, sooo that took care of that problem.
    network_sig2.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    im not gonna miss our current building

one time a dude just started ramming himself against the door and demanding to be let in late at night (this was shortly before I moved in)

the door is pretty solid and there's lots of locks because we've had a breakin so he wasn't getting in that way but if that happened now it would still alarm me

i think he was on a good deal of drugs
    Raven I will give your forty dollars for your car

but you will have to drive it to florida and i'm not reimbursing you for gas or a flight back to wherever it is you live (New Hampshire? Canada? Maine?)
    Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.