Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Wanted to go to Morimotos resturaunt when I was in NYC last summer but we didn't get there :(
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Always surprises me how long Iberia remained fascist.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    WHAT IS THIS

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS REAL

http://horsewisdom.ca/

OH MY GOD YES

@podly I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE THIS
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Jean wrote: »
    Doing some readings on Europe. Learnt something I didn't knew : The capital of Portual used to be in Brazil (Rio) and the king even moved to Brazil, ruling Portugal from oversea! *mind = blown*

There's a potentially apocryphal story that says Portugal was named for the Arabic word for orange, "Burtukaal," because oranges came from that region.

Or something.

The point is: give Portugal back to the Arabs damnit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbeDw-Wwmg

Not if Capitão Falcão has anything to say about that.

The nasal quality of the Portuguese accent is something I find pretty endearing.

Especially in ~*~*The Ladies*~*~
    network_sig2.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I wanted to murder the owners over the tips though. That's just beyond fucked up. Especially considering most of those tips were probably given because that girl was giving good service despite all the bullshit that's the owners fault.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I love Japanese Iron Chef. It is just so wonderfully silly. And the dub is just amazing and bad.
    falasig.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Maybe Hulu is the means I was referring to!
    Jean wrote: »
    Doing some readings on Europe. Learnt something I didn't knew : The capital of Portual used to be in Brazil (Rio) and the king even moved to Brazil, ruling Portugal from oversea! *mind = blown*

There's a potentially apocryphal story that says Portugal was named for the Arabic word for orange, "Burtukaal," because oranges came from that region.

Or something.

The point is: give Portugal back to the Arabs damnit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbeDw-Wwmg

Not if Capitão Falcão has anything to say about that.

The nasal quality of the Portuguese accent is something I find pretty endearing.

Especially in ~*~*The Ladies*~*~
    network_sig2.png
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Equine experiential learning

Seems made up

Like, a cut-up machine spit that out
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I want to watch MXC
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    jesus it takes lol forever to install
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Equine experiential learning

Seems made up

Like, a cut-up machine spit that out

They've sent emails to my friend trying to get him to attend workshops

Which actually exist and cost money.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    No Skippy, what are you doing?!?

Windows refused to recognize my SSD the first time.

And even when it did, it took an inordinately long time to install considering it was an SSD. I think most of it was spent (read: wasted) reading from the install DVD.
    network_sig2.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about Edinburgh now. :D But goddamn getting there from home is going to be not fun. Looking at 13-20 hour travel times, not including the time difference. Ecckkkkkk. This is so much worse than flying to London, which is conveniently nonstop from Boston.

But yay I am legit really excited to plan the move and get all the logistics worked out. :D (I say this now, I will hate it in two months).

What's all this? I missed news apparently! :O

Congratulations?!

Thanks!! :D:D:D Yeah I found out this morning, prestigious universities just can't say no to dis chick.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    No Skippy, what are you doing?!?

Using electronic drugs, since he can't find weed
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.

And even when it did, it took an inordinately long time to install considering it was an SSD. I think most of it was spent (read: wasted) reading from the install DVD.

its not seeing my regular hdd or the external hdds I have connected

but I think the regular one isn't formatted and the other two might be formatted for mac
    I'm pretty excited about Edinburgh now. :D But goddamn getting there from home is going to be not fun. Looking at 13-20 hour travel times, not including the time difference. Ecckkkkkk. This is so much worse than flying to London, which is conveniently nonstop from Boston.

But yay I am legit really excited to plan the move and get all the logistics worked out. :D (I say this now, I will hate it in two months).

Congratulations?!

Thanks!! :D:D:D Yeah I found out this morning, prestigious universities just can't say no to dis chick.

[Chat] Class of 2013 is Going Places™.
    network_sig2.png
    @organichu get on vent I need to see if it's working
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Congratulations?!

<3

Yay! Congrats!
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    skippy don't forget to install ventrilo, an IM client (pidgin maybe?), etc

you fat pig
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Congratulations?!

Oh wow I just realized this. Yes, we are.

How many chatters are going to grad school? 4? 5? 6?
    It's the red hair raven

Congratulations?!

Doing my best to drag down the average. :(
    Shivahn wrote: »

Congratulations?!

All of them.

Or else. : |
    network_sig2.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Congratulations?!

This is how we perpetuate our forum stereotype of being elitist assholes. :D
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular

Congratulations?!

:D That's awesome! Congratulations minus the question mark this time!

Yes, it would appear that you are absolutely irresistible to many fine institutions. :)

Oh hey also how did your interview this morning go? Has it been Good News Express all day for you? :P
    evilbob wrote: »

Congratulations?!

Doing my best to drag down the average. :(

I'm working on it too, but from The Inside. Humanities majors, m i rite ??
    network_sig2.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

its not seeing my regular hdd or the external hdds I have connected

but I think the regular one isn't formatted and the other two might be formatted for mac

This program is awesome: http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive

It'll let you keep those drives in Mac format and use them under windows perfectly. It's p expensive if you don't need to do that though, and just need them converted.
    dkmouthsig.png
    Vanguard wrote: »
    It's the red hair raven

You went with red Raven?

Shoulda gone blue/purple. gf-colbert.gif
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Install Steam.

Buy Magicka.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

Congratulations?!

All of them.

JUST GRADUATED

TAKE MY EASY ONLINE FINAL THURSDAY NIGHT THAT I DON'T EVEN NEED TO DO GOOD ON AT ALL BECAUSE I'M ALREADY DONE

WAHOO
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Man, I'm finalizing my application at Whole Foods and I have to download an office product to make a change on my resume Blarrrrgh
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Tales of Dumbassery vol. 2

Moved my TV to the new place tonight. Realized there are no grounded outlets in this place.

Fuck
    Fuckity
    Fuck Fuck

I do not want to break off my grounds nor buy those fucking adapters for everything.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I AM A LITERAL MASTER
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Install Steam.

Buy Magicka.

Downvote. That game is so fucking buggy I wouldn't pay 5¢ if I had a chance to unbuy it.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    In three weeks I will have an MA in International Studies and a Certificate in Global Health. With some certs for ArcGIS. And also have STATA and SAS skills.

And probably will be taking an internship in DC which will put me on food stamps. But hell it gets me to DC to get a better job with connections.
    falasig.png
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Congratulations?!

All of them.

JUST GRADUATED

TAKE MY EASY ONLINE FINAL THURSDAY NIGHT THAT I DON'T EVEN NEED TO DO GOOD ON AT ALL BECAUSE I'M ALREADY DONE

WAHOO

THAT'S THE SPIRIT.

WHY ARE WE YELLING. THIS SEEMS INCONGRUOUS GIVEN THAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SENIORITIS SLACKING.
    network_sig2.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Alt Post:

Neat, I've never been to Scotland. 8-) *creeper mode engaged*
    spool32 wrote: »

Install Steam.

Buy Magicka.

Downvote. That game is so fucking buggy I wouldn't pay 5¢ if I had a chance to unbuy it.

Maybe it's your face that's buggy. I don't have problems with it at all!

(except this one time where a door smacked me into the environment and I died)
This discussion has been closed.