Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I am currently guarding 9 different types of beer as friends smoke, food or toilet. Send halp
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Looting houses is what a true hero does.
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I finally got around to seeing Wreck it Ralph the other night.

What an utterly adorable and endearing movie!

It's a great movie. The girlfriend and I watched it because we didn't want to watch anything that'd make us sad, so we went through the Disney catalogue for movies we hadn't seen yet. We skipped Treasure Island (lowest reviews, least revenue, looks pathetic, main character has an EARRING. AN EARRING) and watched Wreck it Ralph and Bolt instead.

Actually, if you haven't seen Bolt yet: it's also adorable. The scene near the end when they're teaching Bolt about fun dog stuff is just hilarious.
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Looting houses is what a true hero does.

Armed robbery would be even more noble and heroic.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Alrighty, goodnight chat!
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Tomorrow is May 5th and we celebrate the end of the WW2 in The Netherlands. My town is hosting an outdoors comics market with "300 meters of comic books" and a Strips Beer 2013 is going to be revealed.

Not to brag, but I think my town is the best in The Netherlands for being 100% relevant to my interests.
    Free MMO Überlist
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    As much as I hate Dennis Dyack, I am going to give him all my money for his Eternal Darkness 2 crowdfunding thing on monday.

I know that it is pretty goddamn risky and I don't give a fuuuuck

Eternal. Darkness. 2. Wii U. Gamepad. Sanity. Effects. Period.

wait why do you hate Dyack?
    He ran Silicon Knights into the ground.

When everyone didn't give Too Human sloppy bjs in reviews he got mad at reviewers.

He took money to make that X-Men game and then it went towards another game and it's arguable he tanked X-Men Legends on purpose. Not to mention getting sued over it due to unlicensed use of the Unreal engie.

etc etc etc

He being an egomaniac is a bit of an understatement.

sigvf.jpg
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Apparently ATMs in Japan get vacation hours too.

Sometimes this country.... I swear.

Dude your back to back bullshit public holidays are killing me.

Children's day? Are you kidding me???
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I am currently guarding 9 different types of beer as friends smoke, food or toilet. Send halp

Roofie their drinks
    Sell them to human traffickers
    Buy new friends
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    My dislike of Dyack is moot, though, because Eternal Darkness 2.
    sigvf.jpg
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    As much as I hate Dennis Dyack, I am going to give him all my money for his Eternal Darkness 2 crowdfunding thing on monday.

I know that it is pretty goddamn risky and I don't give a fuuuuck

Eternal. Darkness. 2. Wii U. Gamepad. Sanity. Effects. Period.

wait why do you hate Dyack?
    He ran Silicon Knights into the ground.

When everyone didn't give Too Human sloppy bjs in reviews he got mad at reviewers.

He took money to make that X-Men game and then it went towards another game and it's arguable he tanked X-Men Legends on purpose. Not to mention getting sued over it due to unlicensed use of the Unreal engie.

etc etc etc

He being an egomaniac is a bit of an understatement.

Ah, I see.
    Seeing Richy post the exact same sentence he posted here on his Facebook remains weird as balls.
    Free MMO Überlist
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Oooh, this Napoleonic boardgame looks neat... *reads reads reads*

Playing Time
    6000 minutes

wut

olol
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    so it's a pretty casual boardgame then?
    Are you exiled to a small island at the end of the game?
    sigvf.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't think napoleon's retreat from russia took 6000 minutes
    Per3th.jpg
    In Ultima VII, getting equipped with the basics was fairly easy in both the starting areas. In Ultima VIII, it is more like, "eh, you'll eventually figure it out."

able was I ere I saw elba
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Aldo wrote: »
    Tomorrow is May 5th and we celebrate the end of the WW2 in The Netherlands. My town is hosting an outdoors comics market with "300 meters of comic books" and a Strips Beer 2013 is going to be revealed.

Not to brag, but I think my town is the best in The Netherlands for being 100% relevant to my interests.

In America, on May 5th, we all get drunk on tequila and beer, to celebrate Mexican independence day. This confuses many Mexican because it isn't their independence day, but the day of a minor military victory over Spanish forces(I think) in a wee little town and doesn't even do anything to recognize the day.

Saint Patrick's day is much better, because we get drunk on Guinness and Jamison.
    redx on
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    Eternal Darkness was terrible. When you can run circles around your enemies, you've got a big problem. The first Silent Hill was the same way - you could seriously run circles around everything except the lizard monsters. Nothing was a threat.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    The Chinese are apparently shitting on the extra scenes added to the Chinese version of Iron Man 3.

racecar
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    redx wrote: »

In America, on May 5th, we all get drunk on tequila and beer, to celebrate Mexican independence day. This confuses many Mexican because it isn't their independence day, but the day of a minor military victory over Spanish forces(I think) in a wee little town and doesn't even do anything to recognize the day.

We invite the remaining WW2 veterans to march in parades and they get thanked for saving our grandparents. It's pretty nice, but because WW2 is so long ago we now also use the day to thank all veterans and for everyone to agree that wars are terrible.
    Free MMO Überlist
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Eternal Darkness was terrible. When you can run circles around your enemies, you've got a big problem. The first Silent Hill was the same way - you could seriously run circles around everything except the lizard monsters. Nothing was a threat.
    no u

sigvf.jpg

but the sanity effects and the chaptered approach and

MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES
    no u

Chop off a zombie's head, run ten laps around it, stop for tea, read Ulysses, finally kill headless zombie.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

We invite the remaining WW2 veterans to march in parades and they get thanked for saving our grandparents. It's pretty nice, but because WW2 is so long ago we now also use the day to thank all veterans and for everyone to agree that wars are terrible.

We used to do that for Armistice day. But, then we kinda figured out we actually sort of like war, switched to Veteran's day, and dropped that last bit.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    Real men played Fatal Frame 2. Enemies could walk through walls, slither along the floor, the death god could kill you with one touch so you better run like hell - these are threatening enemies.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    no u
    uekza.jpg

terrible, indeed

sigvf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    good horror games are hard to do

that's why a lot of what is good ends up being hybrid horror/action (e.g: dead space, RE4)

/e: metacritic doesn't mean anything
    P10 on
    That 92 is a sanity effect. The real score is 58.
    FrenchCat2.jpg

racecar
    rats live on no evil star

sigvf.jpg
  • AtomikaAtomika (citation needed)Registered User regular
    London in the summer is great. Beer and musical festivals every weekend of you want it.

At a festival now with London's craft scene and bluegrass music. Fantastic

The very idea of bluegrass in London is weird to me. It's such a specific cultural thing to Appalachia.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    huh

i've never heard an american suggest cinco de mayo was mexican independence day
    Organichu on
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    In hospital, but only for wife to get an EKG and echo cardio gram. Stupid weekend.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
    edited May 2013
    Atomika wrote: »
    London in the summer is great. Beer and musical festivals every weekend of you want it.

At a festival now with London's craft scene and bluegrass music. Fantastic

The very idea of bluegrass in London is weird to me. It's such a specific cultural thing to Appalachia.

Well, thankfully it's not just played in Appalachia.
    Aldo on
    Free MMO Überlist
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    In hospital, but only for wife to get an EKG and echo cardio gram. Stupid weekend.

Sorry things have been so turbulent over in kungfuland.
    meat.jpg
    P10, I thought we were bros.

</3
    sigvf.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Dead Space is an amazing game.
    i haven't played ED so i can't comment on whether it's good or not

but metacritic sux
This discussion has been closed.