Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

"A single green light, minute and far away..."

1235»

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's been a looooooong time since I read the book but isn't Nick's role basically to be an entirely passive observer and not impact the plot in any meaningful way?

This may be a problem with the source then but not only does he never really effect anything but every time there is a revelation about Gatspy we get it through narration which deprives us of even seeing how he reacts.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's been a looooooong time since I read the book but isn't Nick's role basically to be an entirely passive observer and not impact the plot in any meaningful way?

the way in which he narrates is pretty important. He's the moral compass but he eventually becomes an unreliable narrator because everything he relates is biased in his favor. He judges and condescends to everyone around him, and then checks out while still feeling morally superior to everyone.

So he seems passive, but he really isn't, he's interpreting things in his own way.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait

Wait a goddamn minute, guys

How is there no Decline and Fall of the Troman Empire?

That's such a slam-fucking-dunk. Gladiators, vomitoriums that are actually for vomiting and not just mass exits, rampant nudity. Holy shit, it would be incredible.

tromigula

Cameo by Lemmy as Nero

Shredding on bass as Tromaville burns

Dammit TLB we've gotta get this written like yesterday

I would watch pretty much anything if it had lemmy shredding
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I am ruined now since someone brought up the idea of Wes Anderson doing The Great Gatsby.

Eh.

There are a few things that he does which I love namely the colour pallet in scenes and secondly getting people to do amazing performances about truly awful people. But I'm not sure if he can do scenes with a lot of people in there without making it feel whacky you know?
    edited May 2013
    i don't think he could do it without re-writing the book. His films are in his voice, not Fitzgerald's.

Langly on
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    The soundtrack to this movie is off the god damn hook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8gOu7PDLI
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa ... ...wanna fight?Registered User regular
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Though I have a certain attachment to that jazz version of Crazy in Love too
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    It's not made for the movie, but I'm glad they have Heart's A Mess on there cause that's one of my favorite songs.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    1cMJHoh.png
    daft1sig.gif
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

I just saw this on Twitter and came to find this thread to post about it.

Because it's a terrible idea.
    HlDUfm7.png
    @Poorochondriac

how much will I have to pay you/what will I have to give you to make you see this movie

I can go surprisingly high
    I made a web series! watch it here: http://bloodsuckingbooks.com
    that game is legitimately fun
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    @Poorochondriac

how much will I have to pay you/what will I have to give you to make you see this movie

I can go surprisingly high

The chances of me seeing even a minute of this movie willingly are so close to zero as to be indistinguishable
    WIMBLIN.jpg
    Like if Rosario Dawson told me we could get freaky if I saw it, I'd start haggling with her over condom usage before agreeing
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Like if Rosario Dawson told me we could get freaky if I saw it, I'd start haggling with her over condom usage before agreeing

...I'll make some calls
    I made a web series! watch it here: http://bloodsuckingbooks.com
    That geth, such player.
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    Why would Geth need a condom?
    daft1sig.gif
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Why would Geth need a condom?

Viruses
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    Pooro you wanna go watch this and make fun of it with me? We can talk about how awful Luhrmann is and piss off everyone else in the theater.

Also if you want I'll let you touch it.
    I ain't gonna pay money to hate-watch a thing. Baz can spend hate-dollars just like regular money, so I'd still be encouraging him.
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    What's the exchange rate between hate-dollars and regular dollars?
    acblackflag.jpg
  • ArangArang Registered User regular
    8:1?
    thenews.jpg
    I ain't gonna pay money to hate-watch a thing. Baz can spend hate-dollars just like regular money, so I'd still be encouraging him.

Don't be ridiculous Pooro, we wouldn't pay for it. Hate watching is best accomplished by sneakin' in.
  • maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
  • Crimson KingCrimson King the freedom of birds is an insult to me i'd have them all in zoosRegistered User regular
    What's the exchange rate between hate-dollars and regular dollars?

1:1

that's the problem