Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• RobbieOCRobbieOC Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Come on there has to be like a dozen people with that set, why can't I think of any

Um, Triathalon? Jack of Hearts? Nightstalker?

That's all I got right now. At least, for the power range that he appears to have...
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    holy shit what if he is Triathalon and the villains of the show are the Triune Understanding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    that post was just for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Registered User regular
    Rage once stopped Dr. Doom from taking over Avengers Mansion by using his Grandma's cupcakes against Doom.
    126elj6.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    a heroes for hire show would be kind of like

psych with super heroes
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I just witnessed the Eternal Dance at a Barnes & Noble. Was flipping through the new Avengers trade, nerdy guy comes up with a cute girl in tow. He is painfully obviously in love with this girl, and he is her BFF with whom she can talk about the boys she's dating and how they went to Iron Man 3 and are there any comics like the movies and he is dutifully cheerful in recommending stuff to her and he is dying inside.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Look at the faces. Listen to the bells. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell.Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    It will officially officially be a Whedon show when Amy Acker and Summer Glau guest star.

Glau as Spider-Woman.
    watchman25ia7ku.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    was that Cobie Smulders asking the dude those questions at the beginning?
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu Registered User regular
    Hmm...now that you mention it, it does sound like her.
    steam_sig-400.png
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    Because there's a shot of a comic panel with Rage in the opening Marvel logo and we've yet to see what class of character Marvel is willing to throw into this show, especially this early on.

wait what, the flipbook stuff?

isn't that always the same set of images?

I don't know about recently, but in the first few years they were used, they were always specific to their respective movies
    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    a heroes for hire show would be kind of like

psych with super heroes

Fuck

yes

Danny and Luke receive an email about a little town called Dual Spires...
    daft2.gif
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    It's the 3-D Man, not Luke Cage
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    nah, you don't bring 3-D Man in unless also using the Skrulls

...though a slow building plot leading to Secret Invasion would be goddamn incredible

and would lead nicely into adapting Secret Warriors which I hear some people around these parts would be keen on
    hawkeyesig.jpg
    ...and I cannot even begin to make the argument that something like that would be too crazy for them to try, given the madness in GotG and BATROC ZE LEPAIR in Cap 2
    hawkeyesig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    yeah. but you start teasing it, and replacing people with Skrulls in season one, so that 3 seasons later when it all shakes out the entire audience shits their pants

edit: teasing isn't the right word. more like start planting seeds in season one
    Fearghaill on
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    "Someone really wanted our initials to spell out SHIELD"

Okay, yes, this is officially a Whedon show.

That line was actually good

So either Whedon is evolving as a writer or that was someone else's contribution

I have my own thoughts as to which

Sorry dude but while that was a really good line it is so classic Whedon it hurts. Whedon is a guy who constantly tries new things and new ideas but this is an example of doing what works.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    I'm a skrull
    He's a skrull
    She's a skrull
    We're all skrulls hey
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or do Fitz and Simmons give off a Donnelly and Daniels from Mass Effect vibe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9vOj8cPFdU
    daft2.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    yeah. but you start teasing it, and replacing people with Skrulls in season one, so that 3 seasons later when it all shakes out the entire audience shits their pants

edit: teasing isn't the right word. more like start planting seeds in season one

how do you think Coulson "survived"?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Gatsby wrote: »
    Is it just me or do Fitz and Simmons give off a Donnelly and Daniels from Mass Effect vibe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9vOj8cPFdU

had this exact thought
    PoQ0cUz.jpg

I hope you mean Loki killed the skrull and that was how they found out about them, and then the real one escaped from wherever he was being held

that's what you mean, right?
    hawkeyesig.jpg

I hope you mean Loki killed the skrull and that was how they found out about them, and then the real one escaped from wherever he was being held

that's what you mean, right?

It actually doesn't work so well because Nick Fury and (Maybe) Maria Hill seem to be aware of how he survived and "He didn't but then a Skrull showed up in his form": doesn't seem like a thing they would just ignore.
    detail-1.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    If that's true, I mean, they might not name him, but that COULD be Miles Morales in the trailer as well, if we're throwing out theories.

I'd rather it be Cage, but it could be Morales just as "Miles Morales, scared, spider-powered kid"

Oh hey um. The first thing Miles did when he got powers was save someone from a burning building and jump out just like that.

ohmygodohmygodohmygod
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    anti, don't get your hopes up
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    No fuck that

Nick Fury lying about Coulson dying in the first place makes way more sense and really should have been just confirmed in the dang movie it was in

I mean seriously
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, no way is he Miles.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    TOO LATE
    3435yuyhr3t256.jpg

AFTER IRON MAN 3'S EASTER EGG ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Anti did you notice with that IM3 character easter egg
    That before Extremis, Brandt doesn't have the burn mark, and afterwards when she fights Tony she does. And yet Extremis is supposed to heal all wounds.

NOTHING CAN HEAL FROM THE MAN THING'S TOUCH

holy shit

mind blown
    That before Extremis, Brandt doesn't have the burn mark, and afterwards when she fights Tony she does. And yet Extremis is supposed to heal all wounds.

YUP, TOTALLY NOTICED THAT
    the only thing though is that her face might've been burned from the explosion during the extremis trials but that would've been TOTALLY LAME
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Antimatter wrote: »

YUP, TOTALLY NOTICED THAT
    the only thing though is that her face might've been burned from the explosion during the extremis trials but that would've been TOTALLY LAME
    But Savin survived and healed from an Extremis explosion, and if it has the power to do that and give her back her arm, it all points to our favourite Florida-based empath behind the damage.
    daft2.gif
    Blankzilla wrote: »

It totally could be!

But I will be assuming it is Luke Cage until we hear more.
    detail-1.jpg
    well hold on
    IM3 easter egg spoiler
    multiple people saw the movie again and apparently she DID have the scar in her interview, buuuuuuuuuuut that means that that didnt heal!
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular

It totally could be!

He could be, yeah.

He could also be Isaiah Bradley or Patriot or Rage or Luke Cage or literally almost any black male character Marvel has

But since he isn't a 13 year old kid and I am extremely skeptical of Marvel goingPUT SPIDER-MAN IN SHIELD when by all accounts they have a pretty amicable relationship with Sony and the ASM films it is silly to get all excited about it when it is INCREDIBLY unlikely.

It totally could be!

He could be, yeah.

He could also be Isaiah Bradley or Patriot or Rage or Luke Cage or literally almost any black male character Marvel has

But since he isn't a 13 year old kid and I am extremely skeptical of Marvel goingPUT SPIDER-MAN IN SHIELD when by all accounts they have a pretty amicable relationship with Sony and the ASM films it is silly to get all excited about it when it is INCREDIBLY unlikely.

Dream-killer.
    detail-1.jpg

It totally could be!

He could be, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80YFtnTBApU
    daft2.gif