Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    hooray coulson
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    also is that supposed to be luke cage?
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I hope so

I am a lot more interested in seeing more superheroes than I am watching SHIELD do stuff
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Nobody knows. Could be Luke Cage, could be Rage (one of the new warriors, has powers similar to Cage) or could be a new character.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    that pretty much has to be cage, I think. Since all of the other characters are new, I don't think they're going to put a new warrior in the cast. They'll want a fan favorite that will make people excited (besides coulson)
    Langly on
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    I'd like to get a full on Heroes for Hire movie.

Like, start the movie with Luke and Danny already with their powers, and the origin story is about them becoming a team and going into business.
    The fact that they're hiding his identity at all (he's not listed as a character yet) makes it seem like a lock for cage. Why would you hold your cards on it being Rage?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

Like, start the movie with Luke and Danny already with their powers, and the origin story is about them becoming a team and going into business.

I feel like the concept is better suited for TV, like a case-a-week procedural with maybe some minor serialization

neither of their powers are flashy enough that you need a Hollywood budget, and their cases as a team tend to be fairly low-key

then if it takes off, give them solo movies where you get into the crazy stuff, like punching dragons in the heart
    if I see a commercial with a white dude doing funky kung fu magic I'll shit my pants
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:

edited May 2013
    Because there's a shot of a comic panel with Rage in the opening Marvel logo and we've yet to see what class of character Marvel is willing to throw into this show, especially this early on.
    Undead Scottsman on
    Heroes for Hire is basically a USA series is what I'm trying to say

You have Beach Doctor, Beach Spies, Beach Psychic

This would be Beach Superheroes
    Because there's a shot of a comic panel with Rage in the opening Marvel logo and we've yet to see what class of character Marvel is willing to throw into this show, especially this early on.

wait what, the flipbook stuff?

isn't that always the same set of images?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    While he could be Rage

It is far more likely he is Luke Cage, especially since Marvel was willing to put Cage on TV with the Alias show and he wasn't on the list of scripts being developed.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I feel like the concept is better suited for TV, like a case-a-week procedural with maybe some minor serialization

neither of their powers are flashy enough that you need a Hollywood budget, and their cases as a team tend to be fairly low-key

then if it takes off, give them solo movies where you get into the crazy stuff, like punching dragons in the heart

Fuck

Fuck

This is the best idea anyone has ever had

It's too beautiful to live, though

Like the Gotham Central TV show

Or Powers
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    It will officially officially be a Whedon show when Amy Acker and Summer Glau guest star.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Spin a tv series off SHIELD.
    Ceno wrote: »
    What I really want is for them to piss in Sony's eye by putting Spider-Man in the show since I think Sony only has the exclusive rights to the movies.

Just Spider-Man, every week, being the lovable goofball on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"What do we do, Coulson?"

"We call fucking Spider-Man, that's what."

"Hey guys, I'm Spider-Man (TM)."

assuming animation rights are the same as live action rights when it comes to the tv realm, this is true. Disney owns the TV rights to all of their characters, such as Spectacular Spider-Man.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    If that's true, I mean, they might not name him, but that COULD be Miles Morales in the trailer as well, if we're throwing out theories.

I'd rather it be Cage, but it could be Morales just as "Miles Morales, scared, spider-powered kid"
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    he's saving a blonde girl right?

could be Cloak
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    disney and marvel definitively have spider-man tv rights

they could have peter and miles being webslinging bros and sony couldnt do shit
    Antimatter on
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    at first I thought Ming-Na Wen was Black Widow

J. August Richards would make a great Luke Cage, though
    Xehalus on
    he was great in Angel as Gunn and I'm glad he's getting another chance
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    he's saving a blonde girl right?

could be Cloak

Except he isn't wearing a cloak and had wildly different powers from Cloak?
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Alright, that's the trailer I really wanted, I'm glad they followed up so quickly.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • RobbieOCRobbieOC Registered User regular
    He could also be a character we know that isn't black in the comics, but they cast based on the actor and not on the character. There's a lot of characters with super-strength (so it wouldn't necessarily be easy to identify by power set) and by casting a black actor for a role that may not be a black character traditionally, it would keep the secret a bit more secure. Just a thought.

But, Luke Cage seems most likely.
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino legally competent Registered User regular
    i was really hoping they'd get Isaiah Mustafa attached to any Luke Cage thing :<
    ffNewSig.png
    google+ | facebook | twitter | steam | Guild Wars 2: fightinfilipino.8914
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I think SHIELD might end up a lot like Angel.

As for the special effects, they can do some pretty impressive stuff for TV nowadays.
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    I think SHIELD might end up a lot like Angel.

As for the special effects, they can do some pretty impressive stuff for TV nowadays.

Now you have me imagining a puppet episode.

Shit!

Puppet Master is right there!
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    edited May 2013
    RobbieOC wrote: »
    He could also be a character we know that isn't black in the comics, but they cast based on the actor and not on the character. There's a lot of characters with super-strength (so it wouldn't necessarily be easy to identify by power set) and by casting a black actor for a role that may not be a black character traditionally, it would keep the secret a bit more secure. Just a thought.

I am actually trying to think of people with just super strength/invulnerability but are also at least fairly prominent and aren't a mutant

Strong guy
    Um

Hm

Wait he's a mutant.shit
    Langly on
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I hope so

I am a lot more interested in seeing more superheroes than I am watching SHIELD do stuff

I uh

I don't think this is going to be the show you're looking for

and I hope you don't begrudge those of us who do enjoy stories about "ordinary" people dealing with a world full of superheroes
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Langly wrote: »
    RobbieOC wrote: »

I am actually trying to think of people with just super strength/invulnerability but are also at least fairly prominent and aren't a mutant

Strong guy
    Um

Hm

Wait he's a mutant.shit

DennisDunphyDman.gif

D-Man!
    Centipede Damascus on
    Come on there has to be like a dozen people with that set, why can't I think of any
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • A duck!A duck! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Come on there has to be like a dozen people with that set, why can't I think of any

INV/SS was certainly popular in City of Heroes for a long time.
    Favorite quotes
    trentsteel wrote:
    C'mon now

He invented rape rooms

Let's show a little respect.
    Tube's just used to lifting to get the guys.

Curls might get the girls, but to catch bears you need traps.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

wait what, the flipbook stuff?

isn't that always the same set of images?
    I don't think so. Pretty sure it's changed for each movie that I've seen it in to feature the characters of the movie.
    But I could be wrong.
    so when do we get the inevitable series about Alpha Flight

seems like the only way to put Wolverine on TV
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Rage is a fucking dumb character though, thats the most salient reason for it not to be him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    I love Kevin Durand who i used to mistake for a Busey

Kevin_Durand_48070_Medium.jpg