Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mini-Phalla] of Brass: The Philosopher Kings (God Save The Queen: Cultist/Templar Win)

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Despair. Registered User regular
    Okay guys, hold on tight. This is gonna be hilarious...

DEFEND

I oppose the public seer vote because the masses are far too easily led astray. They may glean some truth from the results, but how can they use this power to its fullest potential? They will not find the answer within themselves, nor each other. Such a thing must be carefully controlled - entrusted to those with greater knowledge and wisdom. Believe not in yourselves. Instead, believe in me. Follow the path I carve for you. Do not falter. Do not hesitate. Remain strong, for A STILL MORE GLORIOUS DAWN AWAITS!
    steam_sig.png
    DEFEND

I oppose the transfer of special abilities because it is a foolish endeavour. Only I can be trusted with power, and the possibility of my death is a laughable one. There is no need for any of you to wield power. Trust in me. Believe in me. Follow my teachings, for A STILL MORE GLORIOUS DAWN AWAITS!
    steam_sig.png
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Uh.

Do you want to share what that does, TA?
    TRV, Lockeout? You guys may uh, want to give me all your info. Like, right now.

Just sayin'.
    steam_sig.png
    Invictus wrote: »
    Uh.

:rotate:
    steam_sig.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    How strange.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
    @TheRoadVirus
    @Lockeout

You guys should PM me
    steam_sig.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    Why don't you want me to PM you? I thought we were cool, man.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    But I do want you to PM me! And tell me all of your deep dark secrets
    steam_sig.png
    Why you playing games with my heart, TA? You said you were different!
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    But baby, I am different! I promise!
    steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades I am the SwarmRegistered User regular
    Uh.

What what does?
    Oh, so we are assuming Anon had an Epiphany?
    OP wrote:
    They may use these EPIPHANIES via dramatically shouting the name of their technique during a debate they are arguing in.
    More like slowme
    steam_sig.png
    kime wrote: »
    Oh, so we are assuming Anon had an Epiphany?
    OP wrote:
    They may use these EPIPHANIES via dramatically shouting the name of their technique during a debate they are arguing in.

I feel like it's a reasonable inference, yes.
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    I just killed you I tell you what

Now hurry up and PM me already
    steam_sig.png
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Mid-Day Narration
    Okay guys, hold on tight. This is gonna be hilarious...

DEFEND

I oppose the public seer vote because the masses are far too easily led astray. They may glean some truth from the results, but how can they use this power to its fullest potential? They will not find the answer within themselves, nor each other. Such a thing must be carefully controlled - entrusted to those with greater knowledge and wisdom. Believe not in yourselves. Instead, believe in me. Follow the path I carve for you. Do not falter. Do not hesitate. Remain strong, for A STILL MORE GLORIOUS DAWN AWAITS!

Mercilessly and coldly, Katarina ran lockeout Christopher Wineson through.
    DEFEND

I oppose the transfer of special abilities because it is a foolish endeavour. Only I can be trusted with power, and the possibility of my death is a laughable one. There is no need for any of you to wield power. Trust in me. Believe in me. Follow my teachings, for A STILL MORE GLORIOUS DAWN AWAITS!

Tired of waiting for his words she continued, turning and bringing her blade down upon TheRoadVirus Matthew Steinfin's skull. Pushing him off with her foot she stood above the bodies, wiping her blade with the folds of her cloak.

"This lunacy has gone on long enough," she calmly told the shocked student body. "If you cannot ensure that the school will be safe, the Golden Dawn will. Return to your quarters. I will deal with you in time."

The Dead:
    Lockeout: Christopher Wineson - Gaudium In Veritate
    TheRoadVirus: Matthew Steinfin - Gaudium In Veritate

Today's debates have been canceled.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    OooOoOooOooOooo

E - Nevermind, I'm dead. Carry on.

OopoOooOoooooooooO
    Lockeout on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Well, then

The Anonymous
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius
    Hm.

Pending a pretty good explanation of what's happening here, The Anonymous. Care to let us in, TA?
    That's to say, your kills are goldenrod. I normally interpret that to mean kills that are not village-aligned, as Grunt's kills were in green.
    But probably not mafia at least
    TA
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    To elaborate, TA not only used his power to kill two villagers, he also cancelled two debates that had the potential to be hugely beneficial to the village.

This is going badly enough without bloody neutrals picking us off, too.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
  • ObiFettObiFett Phalla Bounty Hunter Seeking ContractsRegistered User regular
    I think its safe to say that the goldenrod color of the kills is due to them being tied to the debates. It would be a little OP if TA is village and it confirmed him, a bit stupid if it was a mafia power and it outed him, and even more ridiculous if it was a neutral ability because it goes completely contrary to any type of neutral survivability.

What I am saying is that the color of the kills is probably goldenrod as a way of obscuring the alignment of TA.
    Phalla Bounty Board coming soon...
    But there have been goldenrod kills on other days, and the one here was described in Latin, similar to the description "Gaudium in Veritate". Similarly, looking at all of the goldenrod kills, they've been described in narration as being associated with gold and the sun, and 'A Still More Glorious Dawn Awaits' is pretty clearly associated with that same thing.

TA's a member of some other faction, associated with the sun. I would like to know the details of that faction.
    But there have been goldenrod kills on other days, and the one here was described in Latin, similar to the description "Gaudium in Veritate". Similarly, looking at all of the goldenrod kills, they've been described in narration as being associated with gold and the sun, and 'A Still More Glorious Dawn Awaits' is pretty clearly associated with that same thing.

TA's a member of some other faction, associated with the sun. I would like to know the details of that faction.

Ah, I missed that

TA then
    Uh, yeah. You don't want to do that with only nine players left. It's a bit unfortunate things ended that way, but at least let me explain what's going on.

As you've seen, there are certain players designated as [Mad]. It's something that is spread by an ability, though I think I've taken care of that in the Madman. My wincon is to take out everyone who's gone mad. Since, as I said, it's spread by an ability, there should be only one more person who's gone mad. I...wouldn't be very impressed if you killed me when I'm this close to leaving anyway.

tl;dr leave me alone, killing me is a waste of time and I'm about to win anyway.
    steam_sig.png
    So you win when you kill all the mad players?
    What other abilities do you have? How did you find Sega?
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So you win when you kill all the mad players?
    I don't have to kill them personally. I just have to be alive when no mad players are left.
    steam_sig.png
    There's only 9 players left because you're a putz.
    You can go down with the rest of us, as far as I'm concerned.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    There's only 9 players left because you're a putz.
    You can go down with the rest of us, as far as I'm concerned.

This is not playing to our wincon.

We need to vote out mafia, Iron Weasel
    The goldenrod kill, which effectively has only killed Sega, and a bonus to arguments about empowering only me. That's the extent of my power set.
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    The goldenrod kill, which effectively has only killed Sega, and a bonus to arguments about empowering only me. That's the extent of my power set.

Also an Epiphany, which killed, in goldenrod, TRV and Lockeout. So you've killed Sega and two others, and also have an Epiphany. You also know that being 'mad' is spread by an ability.

I understand wanting to try to understate things to save yourself, but man, basically you're begging for your life atm.

So let's try this again, and probably you shouldn't lie this time.

What are your abilities? How did you find SeGa?

EDIT after game-end: pretty sure this post was out of line, too aggressive.
    Invictus on
    edited May 2013
    For everybody's reference, from the flavor text bit of the OP:

The Golden Dawn:
    Though citizens of the world are now privileged enough to know the truths about gods, previous civilizations have had their own heresies. Some occultists have found themselves enchanted by the notion of the sun lords worshipped in the Osiron, and a minor organization has slowly spread throughout Vernland nobility. The Golden Dawn advances their agenda politely, but remain in the shadows.

EDIT: unrelated to anything, that last sentence up there has subj/verb agreement issues. "The Golden Dawn advances...but remain..."
    Invictus on
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Looks like TA has some 'splainin' to do?

I don't actually know if that's true.
    edited May 2013

Also an Epiphany, which killed, in goldenrod, TRV and Lockeout. So you've killed Sega and two others, and also have an Epiphany. You also know that being 'mad' is spread by an ability.

I understand wanting to try to understate things to save yourself, but man, basically you're begging for your life atm.

So let's try this again, and probably you shouldn't lie this time.

What are your abilities? How did you find SeGa?
    Fuck you. I'm not going to argue semantics with a goose like you.
    The Anonymous on
    steam_sig.png