Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    does this game automatically give me the better scores in my primary abilities

very much no

because then they couldn't charge you many real US dollars to respec

everything about Neverwinter is about charging $5 for shit that should be free and $15 for shit that maybe is worth a buck. Like a single fucking bag slot. For fifteen dollars.

Well I got a 17 for my dexterity and a 15 for charisma, and 13 for my third important thing. The other ones suck but whatevz
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I currently have over 700,000 in cash on my person right now.

(Indonesian money looks funny).

Get receipts to screw with people.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Internet Sales Tax passed by a 2/3 majority in the senate today.

spool32

mannnnnnnn don't
    NO.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Siiiigh the girls have the room keys and they are asleep still. I will kill time until 9 here and then I am waking their butts up, I want breakfast!

My rule is 8am for situations like this.

Or immediately, if I'm feeling ornery enough.

Well we were basically traveling for over 24 hours to get here so I can understand being sleepy.

Also 9 here is 10 in Japan so waking them up won't make me feel bad. Also breakfast closes at either 10 or 11 here and you know how long girls can take to get ready sometimes.

Is...

Is it Golden Week?

(Persona, don't fail me now)
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Newest episode of vice, egads

re: insane fucking mormons; wealth disparity in mumbai (lol skyscraper houses, entire skyscraper is house)

I don't know how I feel about VICE.

On the one hand, kids are getting their international social justice fix.

On the other hand... the guy they sent in to do a story on the gang violence in Karachi had an absolutely atrocious Urdu accent, and it makes me question how legit basically all their reporters are.

well googling backs up everything in the report about mumbai having tens of millions in poverty + skyscraper houses

also the crazy mormons

also the drug cartels

which of their reports were false?

I'm not saying the reports are false (I have no idea).

I'm saying it's very easy to misrepresent things, or blow them out of proportion, when the thing you're covering is so obscure that no one outside of people directly involved can judge whether you're representing all the facts.
    network_sig2.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    i'm richer than spacekungfuman IRL
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I currently have over 700,000 in cash on my person right now.

(Indonesian money looks funny).

dude!

you could get like...

a hot dog!

Hehehe! The quick and dirty way is to drop the last 4 zeroes to get the US cash value, so it's like $70. It will be interesting to see how it spends here. I guess it comes down to how many crazy "hot stone chocolate massage" things I get :P
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    2aRMWw3.jpg

Ten minutes.

Ten freaking minutes.

That's how long it lasted digging up dandelions.

It actually says "lifetime warranty" on that label too.

But it's a made in China piece of shit.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    So I'm at this super annoying stage in the lose weight/eat better/work out lifestyle change thing where I can see in the mirror and feel in mah body that things are getting firmer and defined.

But the damn scale is not agreeing with these findings.

I barely have moobs at all anymore! My chest is practically cisgendered now!

:evil:

The scale stops mattering after a while.

All that matters is "do you look good naked." - not weight, not BMI... Just how you look and if you're happy.

absotootly!

it just

you know

would be cool if the scale could catch up

but i start running multiple miles on friday and my legs haven't given out yet so i'm feeling pretty good

right on track

I'm in the same boat. Wish the scale would reflect the improvements I'm making in terms of becoming more human-shaped. But I'm just getting muscley instead.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

very much no

everything about Neverwinter is about charging $5 for shit that should be free and $15 for shit that maybe is worth a buck. Like a single fucking bag slot. For fifteen dollars.

Well I got a 17 for my dexterity and a 15 for charisma, and 13 for my third important thing. The other ones suck but whatevz

the misnamed "reroll" button actually just cycles through a limited list of the possible options for your stats.

several of the possible "rolls" are terrible for each class.

edit: and if you have a +2 racial bonus to dex (and you should) then 17 is really low.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Dandelions of steel
    Borne on the steel steppes of Krpyton.
    y2jake215 wrote: »

i'm richer than y2jake215 and Spacekungfuman combined.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @21stCentury

Do we pay sales tax on buying things here in Canuckistan?

I feel like we do. But I haven't bought anything online in a while.
    So I'm at this super annoying stage in the lose weight/eat better/work out lifestyle change thing where I can see in the mirror and feel in mah body that things are getting firmer and defined.

All that matters is "do you look good naked." - not weight, not BMI... Just how you look and if you're happy.

absotootly!

it just

you know

but i start running multiple miles on friday and my legs haven't given out yet so i'm feeling pretty good

right on track

I'm in the same boat. Wish the scale would reflect the improvements I'm making in terms of becoming more human-shaped. But I'm just getting muscley instead.

Running when your body isn't accustomed to it will probably put some muscle on your legs, I think.
    network_sig2.png
    the thing where I pick a location and then a background is cool

I PICKED AMN AND I AM A VIGILANTE GUY?
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    2aRMWw3.jpg

Ten minutes.

Ten freaking minutes.

WeedForkHandTool_225x202.ashx

you need something like this
    NO.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    newegg and steam have both been charging me local sales tax for awhile me thinks
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

very much no

I haven't looked this up in detail but my feeling is that it's not purely random

Beyond it auto-applying, times when I would have really high primary attributes the tertiary shit was low and when my primary and secondary were moderate, tertiary were better

also are you making a man right now

I am a little drunk and contemplating a rogue
    TTODewback wrote: »
    newegg and steam have both been charging me local sales tax for awhile me thinks

Only place I've seen it so far is Apple's online store.

Racism.
    network_sig2.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Siiiigh the girls have the room keys and they are asleep still. I will kill time until 9 here and then I am waking their butts up, I want breakfast!

My rule is 8am for situations like this.

Or immediately, if I'm feeling ornery enough.

Well we were basically traveling for over 24 hours to get here so I can understand being sleepy.

Also 9 here is 10 in Japan so waking them up won't make me feel bad. Also breakfast closes at either 10 or 11 here and you know how long girls can take to get ready sometimes.

Is...

Is it Golden Week?

(Persona, don't fail me now)

Technically it was golden week mostly last week, but one day rolled into this week.

See the Japanese are awful and if a holiday lands on a weekend they generally don't roll it over on to a work day. So golden week this year was a Monday and a Friday off one week and a Monday off the next week.

But unlike Japanese people we foreigners are fine with using our paid vacation so we just took the whole week off.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

i'm richer than y2jake215 and Spacekungfuman combined.

yes but you are the nouveau riche we are old money

old money > new money every day and twice on sundays

we are the carnegies, the rockefellers, the bon jovis
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

absotootly!

it just

you know

right on track

Running when your body isn't accustomed to it will probably put some muscle on your legs, I think.

I'm also doing weight training and really working my arms and abs after cardio, so there's def new muscle there too. Better to have ripped arms than fat arms, right?
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Newest episode of vice, egads

re: insane fucking mormons; wealth disparity in mumbai (lol skyscraper houses, entire skyscraper is house)

I don't know how I feel about VICE.

On the one hand, kids are getting their international social justice fix.

On the other hand... the guy they sent in to do a story on the gang violence in Karachi had an absolutely atrocious Urdu accent, and it makes me question how legit basically all their reporters are.

well googling backs up everything in the report about mumbai having tens of millions in poverty + skyscraper houses

also the crazy mormons

also the drug cartels

which of their reports were false?

I'm not saying the reports are false (I have no idea).

I'm saying it's very easy to misrepresent things, or blow them out of proportion, when the thing you're covering is so obscure that no one outside of people directly involved can judge whether you're representing all the facts.

That's certainly true, but the stories they've covered that I do know about seem legit and I've looked up some others

I have no doubt some others are blown out of proportion, like I have no idea if the drug cartels really did put a hit out on them when they went to Mexico, but it's not entirely out of the ball park. And they certainly seemed to really go to North Korea, and the NK camps in Siberia, and to the shittiest part of Liberia (and it's pretty hard to overstate how shitty the situation is for girls there)
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

that and your doctor.

but mostly that.
    xlh6c3.png
    @21stCentury

Do we pay sales tax on buying things here in Canuckistan?

I feel like we do. But I haven't bought anything online in a while.

I don't think so?

i might be wrong, tho.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    wow

internet sales tax bill

wow
    Abdhyius wrote: »

that and your doctor.

but mostly that.

if your doctor tells you you look good naked that's a whole nother can of worms though
    G2Dcf.jpg
    I assumed it meant I rolled a 17 and then they were adding another two to it. If it's 17 altogether then that sucks

man fucking stats I don't care about this shit!
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    2aRMWw3.jpg

Ten minutes.

Ten freaking minutes.

WeedForkHandTool_225x202.ashx

you need something like this

Is that what that's for? I have one of those and I've been using it to dig out cantaloupe seeds.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    my family's money comes mainly from lindisfarne. You're all new money to me.
    xlh6c3.png
    I assumed it meant I rolled a 17 and then they were adding another two to it. If it's 17 altogether then that sucks

the big number is after any bonuses. There will be a little +X next to it if you have a bonus but that is included in the big number.

If you have a +2 to dex then you really don't want to start with just 17 IMO
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

get good primary and secondary stats, don't worry about the rest, the game is easy so far, fuck the police
    edited May 2013
    Oh snap, I forgot... I can harness the power of Geth to decide my fate for me.

Geth, roll 1d2

if 1, i get Prime World: Defenders, if 2, i don't.

Edit: Whelp, there it is.

i buy the game... :D
    21stCentury on
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d2 -> 1 (sum:1)
    more importantly, we paid the iron price.

you paid the gold price for your gold, which is somehow perverse.
    xlh6c3.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Also this asshole with the skyscraper house driving a $300,000 car through the poorest slums in India is a fucking asshole, I don't care if the dude spends all his time being generous and they neglected to mention that

he has a private skyscraper with hundreds of servants overlooking a horrible slum with open sewers
    man wtf

well I will do this tutorial which is boring so far, really cliched, and if I like it enough I'll make a new character
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    character creation in neverwinter sucked
    pick your race and roll for stats. what does any of this mean? haha, you won't find out 'til later! (half-orc is optimal for dps i'm p. sure)
    P10 on
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    my family's money comes mainly from lindisfarne. You're all new money to me.

my family's money comes from an ancient egyptian tomb we discovered, oldest money
    G2Dcf.jpg
    P10 wrote: »
    character creation in neverwinter sucked
    pick your race and roll for stats. what does any of this mean? haha, you won't find out 'til later!

even if you've played D&D the way they are using stats in this game is very different.
This discussion has been closed.