Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    Skippy, tell her I'll buy her a new imac if you guys move to Chicago.
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    so rogue is the best class right

Vanguard is the best class.

Space wizardry + Shotguns.

Every game.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Business laptops are the bomb. f consumer laptops besides apple obvs

brofist
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    "So It Goes"

Uh.

I personally would love to read your paper on Julian the Apostate.

ten dollah!

Ooh this is awkward.

I know I said earlier that I'd pay you if I had something that fit your skillsets, but....

yeah I see how it is

Let's take a minute to look at the good news:

I took the time to write back with a politely-worded missive thanking you for your interest in our position as our official biographer of the Roman Emperor Julian, and while we ultimately chose to go with someone else, we'll definitely keep you on file in case we have any need for future undergraduate papers on Greek-speaking heads of state.

he was p cool emperor

He was! I read him in Greek class.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Frozen fish from publix, panko crusted tilapia, stuck in the oven.

Let's see if this will be a reward for how hard I'm working at the track or punishment for being such a fat loser who should really work harder.

Your last sentence is my life.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Some sales on pawn stars have been confirmed to be fake. Like, they owner knows they had something rare and they only pretended to sell it on the show for some low price but actually ownership of the item never changed hands.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I'm a wizard, because wizard.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

I'm a wizard, because wizard.

that's logical too
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    skippy it's not a pain

plenty of inept morons in this very thread managed the task

i know i did it once years ago but i dun wanna learn all about the latest clock speeds and bus rams and shaders and pci connectors

graph_whore.png
    network_sig2.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Some sales on pawn stars have been confirmed to be fake. Like, they owner knows they had something rare and they only pretended to sell it on the show for some low price but actually ownership of the item never changed hands.

D:
    Lh96QHG.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    People are shocked that a business that intends to resell an item is going to offer less than an item is worth? The fuck?
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    my wife wants to watch her stupid soap opera

but I cant go upstairs to play,lol so I forbid it

things will come to a head soon I suspecct
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Aaaaahhhhh....

i wanna buy a new game that's a tower defense game with CCG mechanics...

HALP ME.

What's the name?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Ahahah.

i have roughly 90 games I want to play on Steam, but don't start because i still have 184 games to finish...

I have too many games, holy shitdicks.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

wizard is. But rogue is good too.

Just don't pick GW fighter.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Aaaaahhhhh....

HALP ME.

oh?

what game?
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

no you are penniless grad student
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular

Oh my god is it the Secret Life of the American Teenager?

I've been trying to tune it out.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Aaaaahhhhh....

HALP ME.

What's the name?

Prime World: Defenders. it's on steam, technically it's not out yet, but you can buy it and get early access.
    Arch wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    hmm apparently excel can make crappy sort of gantt charts

might fiddle with this and the gannt project website

thanks feralz

Using Excel for a Gantt chart is kind of like using Powerpoint for an org chart.

In other words, it makes me hate you just a little bit more.

That's the royal "you", not you personally.

i made the design for my business card in powerpoint

i do these things to annoy you

that's the royal "you", not you personally

why would you do such a thing

well I don't have any thing like photoshop so i do what I can

some practices are such abominations before god that they justify piracy

using powerpoint for design work is one of those abominations

no you are penniless grad student

No, right now I'm a gainfully employed single guy with tons of disposable income.
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
    evilbob wrote: »
    People are shocked that a business that intends to resell an item is going to offer less than an item is worth? The fuck?

ABOLISH THE PRICE SYSTEM.
    network_sig2.png
    Didn't you see me spending money in Boston like I didn't give a fuck?

• override367override367 Registered User regular
    Newest episode of vice, egads

re: insane fucking mormons; wealth disparity in mumbai (lol skyscraper houses, entire skyscraper is house)
    can you use the foundry immediately
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    I had my last class as an undergraduate student today. Only two finals remain until I join the ranks of the top 30% of Americans with a bachelor's degree.

Top 30.4%

And, interestingly, ever since 2005 literally most Asians have a baccalaureate or higher. [ cite ]

Freaks me out that 12% of Americans don't finish high school. I know that number has decreased hugely over the years and that's a huge accomplishment, but like, one in 8.5 people you might meet didn't finish high school. Seems like a lot.

THANKS OBAMA.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Chanus wrote: »

no she watches a literal soap opera, young and the restless

and texts with her friends the whole time
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

I moved into the city proper (Old Town) ~3 weeks ago. What do I get?
    tea-1.jpg
    Also I just rewatched Zombieland, and in case anybody was wondering, it's still awesome.

Didn't you see me spending money in Boston like I didn't give a fuck?

no!

you didnt wine me OR dine me
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Aaaaahhhhh....

HALP ME.

Do you have problems finding your credit card?
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

no she watches a literal soap opera, young and the restless

and texts with her friends the whole time

That's actually not worse.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Newest episode of vice, egads

re: insane fucking mormons; wealth disparity in mumbai (lol skyscraper houses, entire skyscraper is house)

I don't know how I feel about VICE.

On the one hand, kids are getting their international social justice fix.

On the other hand... the guy they sent in to do a story on the gang violence in Karachi had an absolutely atrocious Urdu accent, and it makes me question how legit basically all their reporters are.
    network_sig2.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    So I'm at this super annoying stage in the lose weight/eat better/work out lifestyle change thing where I can see in the mirror and feel in mah body that things are getting firmer and defined.

But the damn scale is not agreeing with these findings.

I barely have moobs at all anymore! My chest is practically cisgendered now!

:evil:
    Lh96QHG.png
    moniker wrote: »

I moved into the city proper (Old Town) ~3 weeks ago. What do I get?

I haven't played LoL with you and I didn't meet you in Boston.

So, nothing.

• evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Text received!

It was from my mum. :(
    Actually, wait, I could repost that fanfiction I wrote about the Always Right squad or whatever many many years ago. You were in that one, I'm pretty sure.

So I'm at this super annoying stage in the lose weight/eat better/work out lifestyle change thing where I can see in the mirror and feel in mah body that things are getting firmer and defined.

But the damn scale is not agreeing with these findings.

I barely have moobs at all anymore! My chest is practically cisgendered now!

:evil:

yeah scales suck for this
This discussion has been closed.