Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

EA - Your Exclusive Publisher of a Galaxy Far Far Away

1235»

• ArteenArteen Registered User regular
    No, just the regular kind of fun.
    rarity_sig_001.jpg
  • reVersereVerse The shadow's come to stay Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's pretty great.
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    And ME3s mulitplayer is really fun.

By fun do you mean lagging so bad I want to kick my router in its metaphorical testicles, a service about as reliable as stupid decisions in the first 2 series of Game of Thrones and a RNG system that makes things extremely fucking boring?

sounds like you've got a router problem
    beaversig2.jpg
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Am I the only person who sees this as a positive development? Let me see:

1. There's no way Disney can fuck up Star Wars more than Lucas already did. They could literally put Donald Duck in as a main character, and it wouldn't be worse.

[citation needed]. There are always new depths of bad and stupid to plumb.

("It could be worse!" *rumble* "..." "It's worse.")

steam_sig.png
    Steam: Megajoule
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    I would instantly pre-order any Star Wars game with Donald Duck as the main character.
  • NamrokNamrok Herndon, VARegistered User regular
    Am I the only person who sees this as a positive development? Let me see:

1. There's no way Disney can fuck up Star Wars more than Lucas already did. They could literally put Donald Duck in as a main character, and it wouldn't be worse.

[citation needed]. There are always new depths of bad and stupid to plumb.

("It could be worse!" *rumble* "..." "It's worse.")

My favorite pair of cards from the new Star Wars card game FFG released! "It could be worse" interrupts an event, cancelling one damage. "It's worse" interrupts an interrupt, cancelling it and deals some extra damage too!

All the good Star Wars shit is table top now.
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

485431513_tp.jpg

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
    kyrcl.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mego Thor wrote: »

485431513_tp.jpg

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

"Waugh? Oh, da uniform. Hegheghgheghe."

(Crossing over with the Kingdom Hearts thread in 5, 4...)
    Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam: Megajoule
  • DrakeDrake Blow it all up ForeverRegistered User regular
    I keep trying to come up with something to add to this thread beyond "damnit!" and "I don't like EA" and I'm coming up dry. I've personally had enough bad experiences with EA to make me wary. I dislike how they focus on multiplayer and then pull servers for multiplayer games. I've also had numerous headaches with pretty much any online service EA has ever produced.

This really bums me out because I'm excited about Star Wars getting some fresh perspective. I'm enjoying a lot of the stuff Disney is putting in theaters these days. And while I'm not making some kind of statement like I NEVAR BY STAR WRS GAME AGAN, it would take something amazing for me to overcome the issues I've had with EA and the problematic shit they do as a top tier developer. Something like a Star Wars/Disney mashup game with co-op. That would pretty much drive a stake through my resistance on multiple levels. Being a parent comes with some sacrifices I guess. Oh the things I do for my child.
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User, Soft Launch Tester regular
    edited May 2013
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    EA has another studio in LA: Medal of Honor developer Danger Close, and staff have already been hired from there for DICE LA. A further 60 positions at DICE LA need filling by the end of the year.

This sounds less like another DICE studio, and more a studio opened in LA by EA that happens to be called DICE. That's staffed by MOH developers.
    Suriko on
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah.Registered User regular
    Please oh glob be Battlefront 3.
    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm not sure what makes this a DICE studio except the "Nordic work environment."
    youtubevi.png steamhg.png personalt.png lastfmx.png twitterre.png 65810446.jpg tumblrdr.png c8KNL.png xcom.jpg
  • FairchildFairchild And that's the moment when the Universe ran out of ammunition. Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

To a videogame industry which has been struggling financially of late, STAR WARS sure does represent a nice shiny new bucket of money.
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    The force did it. DICE is a proven brand name so EA is going to slap that brand on all kind of stuff until the name is in the gutter. Bioware's Force Command & Conquer anyone?
    steam_sig.png