Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mechwarrior:Online] Weapon Rebalancing on the 21st. Oosik Sigs on P19

• TOGSolidTOGSolid I totally put, a haiku in my profile, Limericks won't fit.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    so how do you get started with this Oosik gig

i need to learn how to put a Jenner through its paces

Connect to Ventrilo. Join a mechwarrior channel. Say hi.

It's that easy!

We also happen to home of The Worst Illuminati Ever.
    TOGSolid on
    MARKIISIGFORUMSIZE_zps17defe18.png
    PAX 2013 STATUS - Badges: PURCHASED Hotel: RESERVED Vacation: Awaiting approval Plane Tickets: Waiting on vacation approval.
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't worry too much about all alpha-strike builds getting nerfed into oblivion. Laserbacks clearly don't own the game despite a buttload of MLASes, so why would they implement a system which neuters them and other builds that rely on a lone weapon type? The issue with the alpha striking isn't that it's a bunch of weapons firing at once, it's having too many high-damage weapons firing at once and dealing all their damage to one panel.

Much more likely that weapons will get specific per-weapon alpha nerfs, rather than all the weapons in the game getting screwed if they aren't part of a mix-and-match arsenal.

You have more faith in their nerf/buff process than I do, my friend

Well, I didn't say it would be good right away. I'm sure we'll get the usual situation where the players notice alpha builds are horribly broken right away, then PGI taking 3 weeks to acknowledge the issue, another 3 weeks to put together some sort of statement about it it, and another 2-3 weeks to get a patch in order to make the game playable because they don't want to work on weapons right away that aren't up on the schedule yet.

Then two weeks later, we get another patch and the game gets broken again.

I could've said all that, but I figured it was simply understood.
    ninja-snarl_zps9453c54d.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't worry too much about all alpha-strike builds getting nerfed into oblivion. Laserbacks clearly don't own the game despite a buttload of MLASes, so why would they implement a system which neuters them and other builds that rely on a lone weapon type? The issue with the alpha striking isn't that it's a bunch of weapons firing at once, it's having too many high-damage weapons firing at once and dealing all their damage to one panel.

Much more likely that weapons will get specific per-weapon alpha nerfs, rather than all the weapons in the game getting screwed if they aren't part of a mix-and-match arsenal.

You have more faith in their nerf/buff process than I do, my friend

Well, I didn't say it would be good right away. I'm sure we'll get the usual situation where the players notice alpha builds are horribly broken right away, then PGI taking 3 weeks to acknowledge the issue, another 3 weeks to put together some sort of statement about it it, and another 2-3 weeks to get a patch in order to make the game playable because they don't want to work on weapons right away that aren't up on the schedule yet.

Then two weeks later, we get another patch and the game gets broken again.

I could've said all that, but I figured it was simply understood.

Score! My Heavy Metal will likely be happily romping around the playground since he's only packing one or two of each class of weapon: 1x gauss, 2xLLas, 2xSRM6. Yes, I really am that boring.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I meant the part about how I doubt that they'd actually target specific weapons rather than making a sweeping change that will cause something else to be broken
    camo_sig2.png
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    While i fear PGI's balancing approach may be questionable, and I wish they took balance in a more higher priority, but the fact of the matter is this game is still in beta, so i can't yell at them yet. Sure they piss me off, and i get mad, but I'm not swearing them off or banning them from my future games or anything like that.

The game is in a phase right now that has a higher priority on features instead of balance, this is a cold hard fact. We have a rough idea of whats coming, but they know everything that is coming. Balance would be nice, don't get me wrong, but with new features and mechanics being implemented on a monthly basis you can't really balance that.

I will gladly raise a pitchfork and start a riot if this continues after release. Maybe this new heat mechanic will solve the direct-alpha problems, it definitely has the capability to.
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    oh! well, then... @Kashaar , great job man!

Thanks, but all I did was act as human batch processor to put the names in there, TOG was the one who did all the design work!
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    @Kaboodles_The_Assassin @fartacus

Okay guys, I need help. I ran the settings in CCC as indicated, and now I've got a solid 59.9 FPS in most cases, this is a notable improvement. HOWEVER, I'm still getting the full-screen flickering. I tried dropping shadows to low, and tried increasing and decreasing the gamma, and the flickering is still there in normal vision. There is NO flickering in thermal or night vision though.

Any suggestions? I had already done a support ticket, and they tell me that Crossfire is unsupported.
    8aXhxwS.png
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    f3rret wrote: »
    @Kaboodles_The_Assassin @fartacus

Okay guys, I need help. I ran the settings in CCC as indicated, and now I've got a solid 59.9 FPS in most cases, this is a notable improvement. HOWEVER, I'm still getting the full-screen flickering. I tried dropping shadows to low, and tried increasing and decreasing the gamma, and the flickering is still there in normal vision. There is NO flickering in thermal or night vision though.

Any suggestions? I had already done a support ticket, and they tell me that Crossfire is unsupported.

Yeah, i tried messing around abit(same as you, just changed in-game settings one at a time in training grounds, all combos of settings) with this to no success, so if you figure something out give me a shout.
    Heroth on
    heroth-s.png
  • NipsNips Registered User regular
    YAY! Finally got the new sig working (cause I'm bad at internets), and it looks sweet as hell. Thanks guys!

And now, an informal poll for the fine folks here. I've been looking at my TT figs, and I'm going to embark on some painting projects this summer. I want to paint up a lance of Oosiks, but can't decide which mechs to pick.

So, provide input for me! Help me choose one for each weight class (L/M/H/A) from the current chassis available in MWO. I'll grab and paint up the most popular choice from each weight class in the Oosik colors.

Which mechs do YOU think best represent the game we play?
    capnnips_zps3f07c896.png
    capnnips in MWO
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    Ravens....all ravens!
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
    Nips wrote: »
    YAY! Finally got the new sig working (cause I'm bad at internets), and it looks sweet as hell. Thanks guys!

And now, an informal poll for the fine folks here. I've been looking at my TT figs, and I'm going to embark on some painting projects this summer. I want to paint up a lance of Oosiks, but can't decide which mechs to pick.

So, provide input for me! Help me choose one for each weight class (L/M/H/A) from the current chassis available in MWO. I'll grab and paint up the most popular choice from each weight class in the Oosik colors.

Catapult! The K2 of course.
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I think at least someone here mains/loves each mech, even Awesomes and Commandos. Personally I'd advocate for the Centurion <3.

Regarding weapon boating speculation, it could be made interesting if each weapon had some sort of alpha-ing ratio. This would allow PGI to control which weapons need some assistance in not being a boating nightmare. For example the PPC could perhaps have a high ratio of 1.1. Then for every PPC alpha'd with the sum heat amount would be multiplied by 1.1. While weapons like the ML would have a lower ratio, perhaps 1.01. This would also be easy to display and understand from weapons readouts in the mechlab. It could even make sense from a fluff POV, multiple weapon firing causing the fusion engine to heat up. With a greater response from larger weapons like PPCs.

Having said that, I do think that this particular method of balancing is still kind of clunky. I honestly don't see why we couldn't have PPCs produce a little more heat per shot. Having a >1.00 heat ratio while boating 5 of the fuckers is insane.

PGI's increased cooldown on the next patch will go some way to reduce their crazy DPS, but it's just going to benefit the morons that mash alpha strike by not having them over heat so much (apologies to any PPC boating morons in our ranks ;) ). In any prolonged battle, PPCs are still going to wipe the floor with pretty much all other weapons.
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Definitely need a Hunchback 4SP!
    8aXhxwS.png
  • XandarXandar Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    atlas, in oosiks or jonny gatlas colors, bonus points for kitbashing some tusks onto it!
    Xandar on
    OsokC8u.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    Dragonlance all day erry day
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • MordraMordra Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    test
    Mordra on
    mordra.png
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular

It's that easy!

you mean i don't have to kill one of you and take your place?

whew! what a relief
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mordra wrote: »
    test
    I think you need to use BB Code to enter images in your signature.
    Instead of the HTML, use:
    [img]URL GOES HERE[/img]

see317 wrote: »
    Mordra wrote: »
    test
    I think you need to use BB Code to enter images in your signature.
    Instead of the HTML, use:
    [img]URL GOES HERE[/img]

Thanks! The "you can use simple html" is a LIE!
    mordra.png
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »

Catapult! The K2 of course.

Raven 3L or Jenner (any), Hunchpack 4SP/death star, Catapult K2, Atlas D-DC

thanks for the new sig guys :)
    WolveSight wrote: »
    thanks for the new sig guys :)

No kidding. I need to overnight a 6 pack to TOG. Please give your address. You will receive either a 6 pack or a year subscription to granny pr0n.
    mordra.png
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Jenner, Hunchback, Dragon, Atlas
    n90uZGq.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    The new sigs are baller supreme.
    C2hmw6F.png

It's that easy!

whew! what a relief

Well, it's not mandatory...
    Okay, when I get home I'm gonna have to rejig my sig, because these new ones are the proverbial bomb.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

It's that easy!

whew! what a relief

Yeah - I mean, if you *want* to kill one of us and take our place, that's fine; just don't get TOG or Kashaar; we all owe them too much at the moment.

Although, thinking about it, it'd be a fast way to cancel the debt ...

elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

It's that easy!

whew! what a relief

Yeah - I mean, if you *want* to kill one of us and take our place, that's fine; just don't get TOG or Kashaar; we all owe them too much at the moment.

And have their ghosts haunt the forum for all eternity in a neverending spectral argument about beams vs. dakka?
    C2hmw6F.png
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    Servers going down in a few minutes for a weekend sale.
    steam_sig.png
    3clipse wrote: »

It's that easy!

whew! what a relief

And have their ghosts haunt the forum for all eternity in a neverending spectral argument about beams vs. dakka?

There is an argument? I thought we had settled this long ago. Beams are clearly the superior weapon class!
    edited May 2013
    Kashaar wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

It's that easy!

whew! what a relief

There is an argument? I thought we had settled this long ago. Beams are clearly the superior weapon class!

The church of dakka will crush you non believes with our members superior weight and girth of our weapons.

dont polish my autocannon too vigorously or it may go off!
    HydroSqueegee on
    n90uZGq.png
    medium mech madness sale...

http://mwomercs.com/news/2013/05/678-medium-mech-madness-sale

pretty sure i already own most of em. :(
    n90uZGq.png
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    That's underwhelming.
    steam_sig.png
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    That's underwhelming.

Eh not every sale will be amazing. The thing is they keep having them every week. That's still pretty awesome on PGI's part.
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
    Yeah I'm pleased they seem committed to making them a regular thing.
    steam_sig.png
    whens the next hero mech due out? 2 weeks?
    maybe ittl be something a tad cheaper.
    n90uZGq.png
    Don't care want Orion NAO kthx.

Unless the next Hero 'mech IS an Orion...

No, wait, the Blackjack is first. Fuck.
    steam_sig.png
    i think the Orion is sometime this summer
    n90uZGq.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Next hero is a mech already in game.
    Money on Raven. Hoping for Spider
    docshifty.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Next hero is a mech already in game.
    Money on Raven. Hoping for Spider

Needs to be the Jager. ;)
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks