Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mechwarrior:Online] Weapon Rebalancing on the 21st. Oosik Sigs on P19

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BillGates wrote: »
    They capped instead of fought. COWARDS.

says the poptarter...

Guilty.
    We were a little outweighed, seriously outgunned, and the enemy was poptarting pretty deep in our territory. So we went around.

Yeah you guys were. I would have done the same, just busting balls =P

match video uploading toy youtube as we speak!

http://youtu.be/84LtjZdkUeE

come watch us kick the crap out of Bill and EndGame!!!
    HydroSqueegee on
    n90uZGq.png
  • MordraMordra Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

That poor jenner's leg...... And that assault complaining about winning...... IDIOT
    Mordra on
    mordra.png
    Mordra wrote: »

That poor jenner's leg...... And that assault complaining about winning...... IDIOT

i need to watch the video. i get so focused on playing i dont notice the chat.
    n90uZGq.png
    i also discovered the Jagermech is the perfect platform for screenshots. zoom in all the way and 0 cockpit elements. not dying is a problem while screen capping though.
    n90uZGq.png
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    The Stalker also has no cockpit elements visible if you fully zoom in.

Have I said lately how excited I am for the Orion? Can I just say right now how excited I am for the Orion?

I think it's going to be a little stingy on hardpoints (I can't see one with more than 2E 1B 3M) but it should be possible to make some sweet mini-Atlas builds on it.
    steam_sig.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    i also discovered the Jagermech is the perfect platform for screenshots. zoom in all the way and 0 cockpit elements. not dying is a problem while screen capping though.

I think @mvrck mentioned there was a hotkey to disable the HUD which makes it so any mech can take really nice Screenshots.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard GO DIGITIGRADE OR GO HOME Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    The Stalker also has no cockpit elements visible if you fully zoom in.

Have I said lately how excited I am for the Orion? Can I just say right now how excited I am for the Orion?

I think it's going to be a little stingy on hardpoints (I can't see one with more than 2E 1B 3M) but it should be possible to make some sweet mini-Atlas builds on it.

The Orion is beautiful and it's going to kick all sorts of ass. Can't wait for it either.
    FWUfbMk.png
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    Right Shift + F-11.
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
  • TheCanManTheCanMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I think @mvrck mentioned there was a hotkey to disable the HUD which makes it so any mech can take really nice Screenshots.

But that still leaves the cockpit visible on most mechs.
    TheCanMan on
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Guys, give me some advice on my Stalker build:

[STK-3F]: 2xERPPC, 4xSRM4, 2xLPLS, 255STD, DHS, Endo

Would it be better to do 4xStreak instead of 4xSRM4? I could also drop to two tons of ammo then and save a total of four tons to go toward a bigger engine, although...it's really like a 6kp/h difference in base speed at the most.

I used to run 4xStreak on a different build and I really liked the reliable, low-heat damage, great for fending off fast-movers and getting finishing blows. The problem is missile HSR is coming and I feel like Streaks are going to end up getting nerfed a little again soon after so I don't know which is going to end up being better.

There is also a part of me that really wants to try 4xLRM5 if LRM's get their little buff.
    Gaslight on
    steam_sig.png
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Right Shift + F-11.

yep, but the physical cockpit is still there. dont have a stalker, so i didnt know it was a nice clear view. but hopped in the jager last night and it was fantastic. have more to upload.
    n90uZGq.png
    They capped instead of fought. COWARDS.

says the poptarter...

Guilty.
    We were a little outweighed, seriously outgunned, and the enemy was poptarting pretty deep in our territory. So we went around.

Yeah you guys were. I would have done the same, just busting balls =P

match video uploading toy youtube as we speak!

http://youtu.be/84LtjZdkUeE

All kidding aside this is a pretty textbook example of "How to Lightmech". Aside from that nearly suiciding on that Stalker. :p
    FWUfbMk.png

Would it be better to do 4xStreak instead of 4xSRM4? I could also drop to two tons of ammo then and save a total of four tons to go toward a bigger engine, although...it's really like a 6kp/h difference in base speed at the most.

I used to run 4xStreak on a different build and I really liked the reliable, low-heat damage, great for fending off fast-movers and getting finishing blows. The problem is I feel like this is all dependent on what happens after missile HSR and possibly Streak changes so I don't know what I should do.

A bigger engine is not just about the speed increase, it's about the faster torso twisting, something Stalkers always need more of. downgrading to Streaks is a fantastic idea for the build. The PPCS and lasers have plenty of punch already.

@Hydrosqueegee
    Could a guy ask if you have any screenshots of my Jager I could take a gander at?
    FWUfbMk.png
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

The Awesome works very well too, especially the PB and 9M are great cameramechs because of their speed. I wish there was a Light Mech where you can't see the struts when zoomed in... the Commando comes close, but unfortunately it's not good enough.
    edited May 2013

I used to run 4xStreak on a different build and I really liked the reliable, low-heat damage, great for fending off fast-movers and getting finishing blows. The problem is I feel like this is all dependent on what happens after missile HSR and possibly Streak changes so I don't know what I should do.

A bigger engine is not just about the speed increase, it's about the faster torso twisting, something Stalkers always need more of. downgrading to Streaks is a fantastic idea for the build. The PPCS and lasers have plenty of punch already.

On the aforementioned other build with 4xStreak I also used a 300 and I must admit I am having some difficulty adjusting to the loss of that extra agility and responsiveness. I think I could get a...280 on here with the extra four tons? SRMs also seem to spread and corkscrew to a frustrating degree right now and I can't fit Artemis so that pushes me toward Streaks as well.

I'm just worried that in the long term SRMs are going to become better and Streaks are going to become worse so I wonder if I should just get over adjusting now.

So I just realized that on my MacBook Pro running Chrome links to builds on the Oosik 'mech lab don't work. They all go straight to the 'mech lab start page where you pick a chassis.

Gaslight on
    steam_sig.png

On the aforementioned other build with 4xStreak I also used a 300 and I must admit I am having some difficulty adjusting to the loss of that extra agility and responsiveness. I think I could get a...280 on here with the extra four tons? SRMs also seem to spread and corkscrew to a frustrating degree right now and I can't fit Artemis so that pushes me toward Streaks as well.

I'm just worried that in the long term SRMs are going to become better and Streaks are going to become worse so I wonder if I should just get over adjusting now.

So I just realized that on my MacBook Pro running Chrome links to builds on the Oosik 'mech lab don't work. They all go straight to the 'mech lab start page where you pick a chassis.

It's not you. We broke something, somehow, last night. Trying to track it down right now actually.
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

It's not you. We broke something, somehow, last night. Trying to track it down right now actually.

It's like working for PGI!
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
    edited May 2013
    Should be fixed now.

Edit: May have to clear your cache.
    Mvrck on
    mvrck.png
    Looks to be fixed, and I didn't even have to clear my cache. :^:

So actually I miscalculated somewhere (for the better): if I go to 4xStreak with two tons of ammo and shave a little armor off the legs I can put my 300 back in.

[STK-3F]: 2xERPPC, 4xSSRM, 2xLPLS, 300STD, DHS, Endo

That is mighty tempting.
    steam_sig.png
  • grouch993grouch993 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Have we discussed the MWO repair tool already? Just saw details on their site when perusing the patch forums.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/115147-mwo-repair-tool-public-release/

and the tool: http://patcher.mwomercs.com/repair/MWORepairTool.exe

From the writeup:

-What is it?
    The MWO Repair Tool simply scans your install base for files that are invalid, corrupt, or out of place. If a file is found to be corrupt or invalid (for whatever reason) is re-downloaded and placed in the proper location. If a file is found in the install base which shouldn't be there, it is deleted. Additionally, the repair tool can be set to wipe out the shader cache, which will just be re-generated the next time the game is run. This is to ensure that everyone's shader cache doesn't contain any old or obsolete shaders that may cause graphical issues.

*edit* dated April 25th. Suspect this is very old news.
    grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular

So actually I miscalculated somewhere (for the better): if I go to 4xStreak with two tons of ammo and shave a little armor off the legs I can put my 300 back in.

That is mighty tempting.

How do you find the LPL in the torso of such a slow mech? I like my pulses (and lasers in general) in arms to allow better tracking.
    Campy wrote: »

That is mighty tempting.

How do you find the LPL in the torso of such a slow mech? I like my pulses (and lasers in general) in arms to allow better tracking.

The Stalker's arms can't swing horizontally anyway so I think that's a moot point. I deliberately put the PPC's in the arms because they're placed higher there and thus better for distance sniping without exposing my entire torso.
    steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire lasers pew pew pew Registered User regular

That is mighty tempting.

16 Doubles....hmmmm. Yeah, that'll get a bit toasty.

If you drop the Engine to a 280STD or 285STD, you can run 18 DHS, and increase your leg armor. Less than 4 KPH difference, but more efficient and less chance of getting legged.
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, Planetside 2, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited May 2013
    I am somewhat tempted to buy a Misery just for aesthetic coolness (only Hero 'mech I own right now is a Flame) but I am having trouble finding a build I think I'd like.

[Misery]: 2xERPPC, AC/20, SRM6, 255STD, DHS, Artemis This thing hits hard but damn it would be in big trouble against ankle-biting light 'mechs. Edit: Looking at it now I should drop one heat sink for another ton of autocannon ammo maybe?

[Misery]: 2xERPPC, 2xLPLS, Gauss, 290XL, DHS, Artemis, Endo This could be OK but running an XL in this chassis seems like a dicey proposition.
    CarbonFire wrote: »

That is mighty tempting.

If you drop the Engine to a 280STD or 285STD, you can run 18 DHS, and increase your leg armor. Less than 4 KPH difference, but more efficient and less chance of getting legged.

I really don't intend to fire the PPC's and LPLS together much, if ever. But you do make a compelling argument.
    Gaslight on
    steam_sig.png

@Hydrosqueegee
    Could a guy ask if you have any screenshots of my Jager I could take a gander at?

i do as a matter of fact! gonna have to wait a few hours for me to get home though... unless i can ftp from my phone... hmmmm....
    n90uZGq.png

@Hydrosqueegee

i do as a matter of fact! gonna have to wait a few hours for me to get home though... unless i can ftp from my phone... hmmmm....

I'm patient. I can wait. :)
    FWUfbMk.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I am somewhat tempted to buy a Misery just for aesthetic coolness (only Hero 'mech I own right now is a Flame) but I am having trouble finding a build I think I'd like.

[Misery]: 2xERPPC, AC/20, SRM6, 255STD, DHS, Artemis This thing hits hard but damn it would be in big trouble against ankle-biting light 'mechs. Edit: Looking at it now I should drop one heat sink for another ton of autocannon ammo maybe?

[Misery]: 2xERPPC, 2xLPLS, Gauss, 290XL, DHS, Artemis, Endo This could be OK but running an XL in this chassis seems like a dicey proposition.
    CarbonFire wrote: »

That is mighty tempting.

I really don't intend to fire the PPC's and LPLS together much, if ever. But you do make a compelling argument.

I have made good use of this one:
    [Misery]: 3xMLAS, AC/20, 2xLLAS, 300STD, DHS, Endo

Mechlab is broken atm and doesn't properly show the energy hardpoint in Center torso though for the Misery but I have 3 of them on my build. @mvrck

It's not a perfect build but it serves my playstyle pretty well:

A7A1V8g.jpg

I would highly recommend against running an XL in the Misery (or any stalker for that matter) because enemies WILL target your torso, and the hitboxes for the side torso extend out to the nose of the mech meaning you can't shield them with your arms. Almost every game has me losing a torso, and people will target your left one in particular with a VENGEANCE because they know you'll have an AC20 or Gauss in there.

I also wouldn't run a Gauss because you lose it very quickly in any fight.

Just my experiences thus far with my Misery. Getting is mastered has been a lot of fun but it has some pretty big drawbacks :(
    Delphinidaes on
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular

That is mighty tempting.

You've got no armor on your left arm. You're just not ever going to fit 16 DHSs into that without seriously crippling your armor, and 16 DHSs looks inadequate anyhow.
  • kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    kilnborn on
    Hydro nominated as best photographer of Battlemechs ever.
    FWUfbMk.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    Needs more Dragon
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
    Hydro nominated as best photographer of Battlemechs ever.

the best part is i can get these shots AND do better than half the team... except last night. god i was sucking last night.
    n90uZGq.png
    edited May 2013
    kilnborn wrote: »

That is mighty tempting.

You've got no armor on your left arm. You're just not ever going to fit 16 DHSs into that without seriously crippling your armor, and 16 DHSs looks inadequate anyhow.

Where the hell did the armor go? :( Mech lab bug I guess.

But actually I had 16 DHS in the 255/4xSRM4 version of the build last night with only a little armor off the legs - I don't think I have ever been legged in the STK once, everybody targets the torso. And it was viable as long as I resisted the temptation to fire the PPC's and pulses together.

Doable with 17DHS and a 280... [STK-3F]: 2xERPPC, 4xSSRM, 2xLPLS, 280STD, DHS, Endo ...looks pretty good.
    Gaslight on
    steam_sig.png
    also...

TxJT2yY.jpg
    n90uZGq.png
  • KusmerogluKusmeroglu Consumer Glue (aka Petra) Registered User regular
    Next time I play with Hydro, I'm just going to run back and forth in front of him in my sexy sexy muramets and pose. (For the arts, of course)
    Petra_zpsfdc60b14.png
    i try to line ip good shots and tell whoever it is to look sexy for the camera.
    n90uZGq.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    i try to line ip good shots and tell whoever it is to look sexy for the camera.

Make sure to tell them to slowly strip off plates of armor while you're at it. I mean, it is for ze arts!
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    I uhh, when I poptart, i don't do a "all" in poptart.

Depending on the chassis I'm on, the worst I think I carry is on my 733P which is 2 LLAS and 2 PPC's and 3 SSRM's.

I recently started using a new 733C build which i just LOVE. It's 2 UAC5, 1 ERPPC and 3 SSRM's.
    There is just something about UAC5's that I cant get over...just love them so much.

I even carry 2 UAC's in my YLW instead of a AC 20.

...Hello, my name is Bill and I have a auto-cannon problem.
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    UAC/5s are a solution in search of a problem.
    Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.