Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mechwarrior:Online] Weapon Rebalancing on the 21st. Oosik Sigs on P19

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Guys! Guys. Guys.

Wang on sale. Is it good? Or if I wanted to start in on Centurions, should I just grind C-bills for one of the normal variants?

I want to zombie mode like a mofo.

Do you want:

* The ability to fit an AC/20 or two UAC/5s in the arm?
    * a permanent 30% Cbill bonus per match using this 'Mech?
    * A unique camo pattern?

If yes, get the Wang. If none of that is overly important to you, you're probably better off with the Cbill variants.

Yes, hesitantly.
    Nice, but not necessary.
    Meh.

So that works out to.... a lukewarm yes?

[Edit] Then I did the real-dollar math....eh. Guess I'll pass, and give them money for other things instead.

NEVER do the real dollar math. it will make you weep.

It's why I doubt I will ever own a Hero mech. Unless it's like 50% off.

yep. im waiting for sales for them from now on. got burned on the wang twice now and fang/flame.
    n90uZGq.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Guys! Guys. Guys.

Wang on sale. Is it good? Or if I wanted to start in on Centurions, should I just grind C-bills for one of the normal variants?

Do you want:

* The ability to fit an AC/20 or two UAC/5s in the arm?
    * a permanent 30% Cbill bonus per match using this 'Mech?
    * A unique camo pattern?

If yes, get the Wang. If none of that is overly important to you, you're probably better off with the Cbill variants.

Yes, hesitantly.
    Nice, but not necessary.
    Meh.

So that works out to.... a lukewarm yes?

[Edit] Then I did the real-dollar math....eh. Guess I'll pass, and give them money for other things instead.

NEVER do the real dollar math. it will make you weep.

It's why I doubt I will ever own a Hero mech. Unless it's like 50% off.

yep. im waiting for sales for them from now on. got burned on the wang twice now and fang/flame.

you should really wear pants when cooking breakfast
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    Penicillin, yo
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I would say put some lotion on it, but I don't think that will help this time.
    docshifty.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I would say put some lotion on it, but I don't think that will help this time.
    Couldn't hurt. :winky:
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Registered User regular
    Right now I'm running my 4sp with 2LLas, 2MLas, 2SSrms, 13 DHS, full armor, endo, and an XL220 engine.

I have the tonnage to swap in bigger guns or to swap to a larger engine and less guns(a std260 fits if I dropped to 4MLas). I'm inclined toward the std260 to play more of a skirmisher type role, but I don't know if that leaves me with too wimpy a loadout to make a difference.
    steam_sig.png
    League of Legends: resipsa
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    I would at least get an XL260 in there. Hunchbacks should pretty much always be at max speed.
    C2hmw6F.png
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard GO DIGITIGRADE OR GO HOME Registered User regular
    Right now I'm running my 4sp with 2LLas, 2MLas, 2SSrms, 13 DHS, full armor, endo, and an XL220 engine.

I have the tonnage to swap in bigger guns or to swap to a larger engine and less guns(a std260 fits if I dropped to 4MLas). I'm inclined toward the std260 to play more of a skirmisher type role, but I don't know if that leaves me with too wimpy a loadout to make a difference.

I run a STD260, 5 MLAS 2 SRM4, DHS, and endo. Works just fine.
    FWUfbMk.png
    Hey if someone updated the game and it's suddenly running slowly, what was the folder that usually helpful to empty? Shaders, or something?
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • droggendroggen Registered User regular
    Usually the Shaders Folder from what i understand.
  • Forbe!Forbe! NEAPOLITAN Registered User regular
    Forbes group is empty in vent, fill forbes group.
    qGGUP02.png
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Hey if someone updated the game and it's suddenly running slowly, what was the folder that usually helpful to empty? Shaders, or something?

Yes, Shaders, or just run the repair tool, it auto deletes it and looks for other problems as well.
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    In case anyone is looking for the MWO Repair Tool. Link goes directly to .exe download.

vuHb1cM.png
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    "Working as intended"

Thanks PGI, I'm sure it is.

rXvomB1.jpg
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    That was an interesting new (for me anyway) HUD bug! my mini-map and the ahh 'degrees/compass' thing were continually spinning.
    heroth-s.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Heroth wrote: »
    That was an interesting new (for me anyway) HUD bug! my mini-map and the ahh 'degrees/compass' thing were continually spinning.

Kinda like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Melwh47AHM
    Erlkönig on
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Basically, i could actually see my mini-map though (and it was updating properly) it was also less... jerky? it was just smooth, continuousness spinning.
    Heroth on
    heroth-s.png
    i am about to embark on a mission of screenshots and asshattery... hudless! for the cause!
    n90uZGq.png
    what the fucking fuck

FPYa6Mm.jpg
    n90uZGq.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    Hahahha oh man I can only imagine what that game was like.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
    Hahahha oh man I can only imagine what that game was like.

it was like a benny hill yakkity sax thing
    n90uZGq.png
    ELO FTW!

DijjQZI.jpg
    n90uZGq.png
    @Mvrck where do you want these bazillion screenshots? got an FTP or uploader somewhere. dunno if PM is gonna do it unless you want me to try to get some decent ones sifted out.
    n90uZGq.png
    SCREENSHOTS!

YJwlfe1.png
    n90uZGq.png
    a small sample of what i was able to capture tonight

pplmAoz.jpg
    n90uZGq.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Are you going to crop the cockpit out of them? That was probably my biggest problem getting good screenshots, the cockpit is always there. And if you zoom in to avoid it, maneuvering to get the screenshots becomes a lot harder.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
    Are you going to crop the cockpit out of them? That was probably my biggest problem getting good screenshots, the cockpit is always there. And if you zoom in to avoid it, maneuvering to get the screenshots becomes a lot harder.

yep. dunno. maybe take small sections of the shots.
    n90uZGq.png
  • Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Guys! Guys. Guys.

The Wang's a fun 'mech. It's ridiculously survivable (like all Cents) and you've got a gigantic screw-you AC20. It's a little easy to lose it, and doing so drops a whole lot of your firepower, but you can zombie almost as well as the other Centurion builds once it's gone. (The other Cents will have a missile back-up in their left torso, usually, and that can be quite a bit of punch depending on what they've mounted.)

A de-armed Wang has the benefit (?) that everyone knows you've been neutered, and so most people will drop you way down the target priority list, which means you can sometimes zombie for a lot longer than other Cents, and because you've usually got nothing important in your left torso (and you should not be running an XL), you've got two whole heavily armored sections that people can throw weapons fire at with absolutely no effect on you.

I run an XL300 with my Wang because 100kph AC20.
    Kaboodles_The_Assassin on
    sXXjb1B.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm not convinced how effective a neutered wang would really be, with only 2 MLAS, compared to being able to sprint that AC/20 to where it is needed the most. But then again, I haven't been able to afford a sprinturion yet, so....
    camo_sig2.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Every time I launch the game, I am starkly reminded of how shitty PPCs have made the
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Guys! Guys. Guys.

The Wang's a fun 'mech. It's ridiculously survivable (like all Cents) and you've got a gigantic screw-you AC20. It's a little easy to lose it, and doing so drops a whole lot of your firepower, but you can zombie almost as well as the other Centurion builds once it's gone. (The other Cents will have a missile back-up in their left torso, usually, and that can be quite a bit of punch depending on what they've mounted.)

A de-armed Wang has the benefit (?) that everyone knows you've been neutered, and so most people will drop you way down the target priority list, which means you can sometimes zombie for a lot longer than other Cents, and because you've usually got nothing important in your left torso (and you should not be running an XL), you've got two whole heavily armored sections that people can throw weapons fire at with absolutely no effect on you.

I run an XL300 with my Wang because 100kph AC20.

Yeah, but that's a different playstyle than the "zombie mode like a mofo" that Nips was looking for.
    elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P Registered User regular
    Cent zombie mode is really something that only works well with the missile hardpoint variants. If you have a Wang with a standard engine and an AC20, you're slow and vulnerable with almost all your armament in a single arm, as opposed to taking the XL which makes you quick and evasive. A Wang with a standard engine and an AC20 is basically just an inferior Hunchback. As a one-shot wonder, you need speed, because you've got to be able to take advantage of opening or evade heavy-duty shots you see being lined up against you. And with a big engine, you can throw your elbows like crazy, making it much harder for people to target any one part of the mech (massed PPC fire aside).

The Sprinturion and Wang serve about the same function; heavy up-front damage with the ability to fade away and come back to hit weak spots. The Wang gets a much better effective range because of the big shell that lumps damage, but the Sprinturion gets higher speed and doesn't have to worry about losing its main armament to a single big hit.

But when you've got a slow Centurion laden with SRM6s, LLs, and MLASes or MPLASes in the CT, you don't need speed remotely as much as you need staying power and durability. You trade the ability to avoid damage for the ability to endure damage, because you effectively treat the different parts of your mechs like ablative armor in order to get your firepower on-target. A zombie Centurion can bring down an Atlas by using good aim and keeping the damage from the Atlas' huge armament spread around; yeah, you'll probably come away down and arm or two and missing at least one torso section, but that's a pretty worthwhile tradeoff to have a 50-tonner bringing down a 100-tonner.
    ninja-snarl_zps9453c54d.png
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    a small sample of what i was able to capture tonight

pplmAoz.jpg

That's my dead raven there...makes me sad when i see that....
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
    There's never a bad picture of a dead Raven. What mechs are recommended for screenshots?
  • Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Messing with AA settings in Catalyst produces... strange results.

Enter...

GHOSTWORLD

Lnbp8be.jpg

Xzh1eNm.jpg

sHV8yg0.jpg

HdvzAnW.jpg
    sXXjb1B.png
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    There's never a bad picture of a dead Raven. What mechs are recommended for screenshots?

i was using a jenner and cicada to start, but then swapped to my jager. i need to go through and see which mechs have the most wide open cockpit. i was hoping removing the hud elements would give a nice open screen, but it didnt because of the actual cockpit getting in the way. which may be a moot point anyhoo since i found spectator mode after death wayyyyyyy eazier to take good screenshots with.
    n90uZGq.png
    edited May 2013
    so i was mucking in the training grounds and streaks are definitely borked. firing at an awesome from 200M away. 2 streak launchers. stripped the CT armor in 5 shots with yellow everywhere else. and the missiles were clearly spreading nice and wide over the mech.

http://youtu.be/EAHvuH4HIeM
    HydroSqueegee on
    n90uZGq.png
    Record and send to PGI?
    edited May 2013
    I sent a ticket up about a week ago
    I wrote:
    Subject says it all. While the missiles appear to spread out some and hit
    other sections, they still often do a lot more damage to the center torso
    than anything else.

Just jump in to Training Grounds and shoot at directly at a mech from the
    front. They will be cored before their side torso armor gets to red. For
    some mechs, this happens even at their 3 and 9 o'clock positions. The CT
    is destroyed before the side torsos are.

They replied:
    PGI wrote:
    Hello Kaeb Odellas,

I will pass this on to the devs, thanks for submitting it!

Regards,

Urdson
    GameMaster
    MechWarrior® Online™
    sXXjb1B.png
    ill send in a ticket tonight.

called time warner and now i have 5mbps upload speeds! hell yea! i can stream live now!
    n90uZGq.png
    edited May 2013
    HAHA! GOT CROSSFIRE WORKING! 6990 + 6970 = 90 FPS @ 1080P MAX SETTINGS

EDIT:

Okay, for those with multiple AMD cards in Crossfire, do this:

1. Open up the CCC
    2. Click Gaming -> 3D Application Settings
    3. Click Add, and browse to your Mechwarrior Online\Bin32 folder.
    4. Choose "MWOClient"
    5. Scroll down to CrossFireX Mode, and pick AFR friendly.

You should now get proper scaling with your multi-GPU setup.
    sXXjb1B.png