Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I can never live in Philadelphia because I'm afraid that people like those in Always Sunny live there. D:

wouldn't you be more worried about actual murdering drug dealers, versus mean, vindictive small business owners

this city sucks for real reasons!

yeah don't you guys still get like

random groups of young people beating strangers up for no reason?
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I can never live in Philadelphia because it both sucks and blows.

^--lives in florida

So you see that I can speak with some authority on this matter.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I can never live in Philadelphia because I'm afraid that people like those in Always Sunny live there. D:

wouldn't you be more worried about actual murdering drug dealers, versus mean, vindictive small business owners

No, the murdering drug dealers are all in Baltimore.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think my ex girlfriend understood now.... I feel like a fucking douche but it needed to be done

Me : It's not a good idea to get back into a relationship that made of us both unhappy
    Her : Could we till be friends?
    Me : I'll never see you as just a friend
    Her : :S
    Me : Should that really surprise you, considering our history?
    Her : It doesn't but I wanted to keep in contact with you
    Me : Bullshit. It's very clear to me than getting back together is the only reason you speak with me,
    Her : It is, but you don't want to
    Me : Finally, some honesty
    [ No further response ]
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Spoilered for multiple images of me in my pajamas :O :
    Okay this is actually about glasses.

This is my oldest functioning pair. They are black, rectangular, and have no nose pad thingies. They rest right on my nose, is the point.

W3UtY9Q.jpg?1

This is my current pair. Also black and rectangular, they have nose pad thingies, so they rest a little higher up and don't move when I do things like run, etc. Very functional.

QlLnZIG.jpg?1

The new pair. They are brown-translucent (described as "rootbeer") and not rectangular at all. They do not have nose pad thingies. They are so different I do not know what to think of them.

AwJEbLb.jpg?1

But I do know they make for fairly decent prescription sunglasses.

7HlKVgd.jpg?1
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    god they should just ban whitney houston and mariah carey etc songs from these shows

you want to do your rendition of pink, thats cool

you want to sing luther vandross, no sorry choose another song
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    I could spend time in Philly, even a relatively protracted period of time there. But I couldn't really live there. I mean, it isn't Chicago.

But then few places are...
    tea-1.jpg
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    god they should just ban whitney houston and mariah carey etc songs from these shows

American Idol Gregorian Chant Edition.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    One of the best parts of playing the Yankees is that there are Japanese signs.

I like the current ones

男のエステ
    ダンディハウス

Male Aesthetic- Dandy House

http://www.dandy-house.co.jp/

Not sure they really know what a dandy is.
    falasig.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    David Kreeeeeejciiiii

#sorry BeNarwhal

Daaaaaang

I'm just happy to be back in the playoffs, really. 8->

Good game, can't have too many complaints!
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm back from Cincinnati, which was unexpectedly pretty, and I got to see many run-down neighborhoods with houses that scream potential, and got told all about white flight.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

In 2006, Philadelphia's homicide rate of 27.7 per 100,000 people was the highest of the country's 10 most populous cities.[105]
    Zampanov wrote: »

yeah don't you guys still get like

random groups of young people beating strangers up for no reason?

yup
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I have to make an appointment today for getting my eyes tested and new glasses and shit. I'm scared I'm gonna pick bad frames. :(

In 2006, Philadelphia's homicide rate of 27.7 per 100,000 people was the highest of the country's 10 most populous cities.[105]

TV is negatively impacting my perception.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm back from Cincinnati, which was unexpectedly pretty, and I got to see many run-down neighborhoods with houses that scream potential, and got told all about white flight.

Well everything is more beautiful with less white people.
    ezek1t.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

i think they should ban all songs from those shows
    Per3th.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @y2jake215

bloodren

http://www.amazon.com/Mixpak-Pressure-Volume-One/dp/B0096RTV30

bampin dis and thought of you

a little bit rave, a little bit plush, a little bit trap

@desc I shall peep

I finally listened to a little of that ep you said, it was right up my narrow little alley
    G2Dcf.jpg
    edited May 2013

i do not agree

a lot of these competitors are incredibly technically proficient singers

stuff being sacred is weird, let talented young people put their spin on whatever
    Organichu on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    David Kreeeeeejciiiii

#sorry BeNarwhal

Daaaaaang

End of third period/all of OT was crazy. Just end to end back and forth, couldve ended a hundred times either way
    G2Dcf.jpg
    They're a bit too 'cats eye' shaped for your face, I think. You have a fairly oval-roundish shaped head, and that generally works best with more rectangular frames or ones with harder edges.
    tea-1.jpg
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Just saw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyLlD1-vKWA

So buying it now. This is what I want to do with my life. You in?
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
    David Kreeeeeejciiiii

#sorry BeNarwhal

Daaaaaang

End of third period/all of OT was crazy. Just end to end back and forth, couldve ended a hundred times either way

Yep

I mean I'd be waaaay happier to be going back to Boston tied 2-2, because now the reality is this series is likely over

But it's not really surprising :P
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @y2jake215

bloodren

http://www.amazon.com/Mixpak-Pressure-Volume-One/dp/B0096RTV30

bampin dis and thought of you

a little bit rave, a little bit plush, a little bit trap

@desc I shall peep

I finally listened to a little of that ep you said, it was right up my narrow little alley

Feeling this "badman rewind" track which was what led me to it
    moniker wrote: »
    They're a bit too 'cats eye' shaped for your face, I think. You have a fairly oval-roundish shaped head, and that generally works best with more rectangular frames or ones with harder edges.

I'm thinking the same thing so far. There's a reason I've gone with black rectangles for so long! :P

Online shopping has its hits and misses sometimes!
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I miss my SSD.

i do not agree

stuff being sacred is weird, let talented young people put their spin on whatever

their spin is almost always shitty

that said one dude one year did a bomb rendition of a maxwell song

:3

I'm thinking the same thing so far. There's a reason I've gone with black rectangles for so long! :P

Online shopping has its hits and misses sometimes!

It's always good to take a risk on something different, but yeah, I like the top rectangular ones as well.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

i do not agree

They aren't sacred, they just demand respect and understanding. If you learn the history of a song and then intentionally choose to go a different way with it that's fine. Being oblivious to the history and accidentally sounding good is not. This isn't the same for contemporary songs, not because they aren't important but because they aren't as removed. You can get a feel for where someone was 20 years ago in a way that you can't really get a feel for where MoTown singers were coming from without knowing more about the artist and the era. The past is a different country, and the further past the longer the journey.
    tea-1.jpg
    fakin nubs derp derp I am as good as tina turner
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    RX7hb7K.jpg

BtesGs3.jpg

betty+white+is+sick+of+your+shit.jpg
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    shut up old man :o
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i think

i probably shouldn't play LoL for 14 hours.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.

i do not agree

They aren't sacred, they just demand respect and understanding. If you learn the history of a song and then intentionally choose to go a different way with it that's fine. Being oblivious to the history and accidentally sounding good is not. This isn't the same for contemporary songs, not because they aren't important but because they aren't as removed. You can get a feel for where someone was 20 years ago in a way that you can't really get a feel for where MoTown singers were coming from without knowing more about the artist and the era. The past is a different country, and the further past the longer the journey.

being oblivious to the history and accidentally sounding good are both fine to me

oh I am 20 I will just take on this song made popular by a once-in-a-generation talent

i do not agree

being oblivious to the history and accidentally sounding good are both fine to me

Being lucky is nice, but it doesn't last as long as being good.
    tea-1.jpg
    edited May 2013

oh I am 20 I will just take on this song made popular by a once-in-a-generation talent

damned kids these days, they better learn to pay their dues and not do what makes them happy or be ambitious

*shows off old, distorted navy anchor tattoo*
    Organichu on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I like music that is good.

Is it better if the musician has put some thought into it?

Sure.

But I like music that is good.
    Lh96QHG.png

damned kids these days, they better learn to pay their dues and not do what makes them happy or be ambitious

*shows off old, distorted navy anchor tattoo*

I heard that jessica simpsons sister is going to be doing a concert in philly you should probably get tix
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    I would love to know exactly what goes into their choices

I imagine they have a list to choose from. They never picka song where everyone goes 'wtf are you talking about'.

but whatever they want to do, doesn't bother me. Unless I just can't think of an example that DOES bother me. Or I suppose unless they said 'yeah actually America I wrote this'
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
This discussion has been closed.