Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    i think the greatest thing about anthony bourdain is that he's not actually an incredibly good chef and he's very upfront about it
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    It's interesting because the last time the government tried to move up the productivity chain, it triggered a massive recession and opened the doors to its first real political challenge.

And it's going to create another.. The newer Asian democracies (especially in the city states) are so interesting, they all follow along with what Japan has done before them for the most part, or vehemently try to fight having "the lost decade".
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    Podly wrote: »
    i think the greatest thing about anthony bourdain is that he's not actually an incredibly good chef and he's very upfront about it

I think that's part of his every man bit to encourage people to cook. The percentage of people that cook these days is in such a ridiculous decline.
    I think his grandmothers house adage when you're a guest is very apt, and what made me really start watching him. I've even read two of his books.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    oh shit I over charged a guests credit card (I added a 0) and I cant refund it because of some stupid security bullshit my manger has to call in the morning.

The customer who's card it is is a very difficult person FML.

The company who supplies our credit card terminal needs some kind of verification (which I don't think my manager actually has)
    bloodyroarxx on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

i think that adds to his charm as a writer. hell i don't really think of him as a chef first.

if you haven't seen the Beirut episode where the militant skirmish breaks out in the middle of the episode it's really great documentation.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    @Jean have you decided when you are coming over to Europe yet?

July or August :)

They're is so many things to do tough, it still makes my head spin! :$

I wonder if you should just do a tour for some of the trip - to see if briefly lots of the bits you want to see easily, then keep a week free at the end to spend somewhere. Maybe do the tour through Northern Europe, then spend a week or two in Southern France.

Everything is so tempting!

Perhaps Portugal-Spain-Italy would be good for the ''foreign but not too much'' part of my vacation. Latin power! :)

Good idea.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    It's interesting because the last time the government tried to move up the productivity chain, it triggered a massive recession and opened the doors to its first real political challenge.

And it's going to create another.. The newer Asian democracies (especially in the city states) are so interesting, they all follow along with what Japan has done before them for the most part, or vehemently try to fight having "the lost decade".

I'm not honestly sure. The last attempt was rather clumsily Keynesian, in the naive let's-raise-wages-and-let-the-market-sort-out-the-details sense. This one seems more sophisticated. Notice that the Ms. Seah featured did not go on to simply employ a low-skilled Singaporean at higher wages. No, she just bought more machinery. There has been no attempt to engineer wages up directly. The government's new model - generous minimally-regulated-and-indeed-subsidized-growth, then redistribution out of taxes just before every election - seems to be working.
    ronya on
    geth

geth stahp
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Jean have you decided when you are coming over to Europe yet?

July or August :)

They're is so many things to do tough, it still makes my head spin! :$

I wonder if you should just do a tour for some of the trip - to see if briefly lots of the bits you want to see easily, then keep a week free at the end to spend somewhere. Maybe do the tour through Northern Europe, then spend a week or two in Southern France.

Everything is so tempting!

Perhaps Portugal-Spain-Italy would be good for the ''foreign but not too much'' part of my vacation. Latin power! :)

Good idea.

Hehe. Québec women LOVES Italy but I'm single.. so no point they're!

I'm doing this trip for me tough, not for anyone else :) Being intellectually challenged AND pampered at the same time is what I'm looking for :)

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    this fucking exam

doing the sample paper

can do questions 1,3 and 4

question 2 might as well be in a different language

mein gott
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Riker sure does love getting his leg over.
    edited May 2013
    i see simons avatar/sig combo has taken a turn for the odd

were are the sexy anime chicks simon? Huh?

WHERE ARE THEY?
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    @hakkekage
    I apologize for my earlier foot-in-mouth issue as you know it is a thing I have a tendency to do and when it genuinely hurts someone I feel horrible. I am working on the problem and will be more mindful! <3 uniboob
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    i see simons avatar/sig combo has taken a turn for the odd

were are the sexy anime chicks simon? Huh?

WHERE ARE THEY?

a big yellow taxi took them away
    turtlesig.jpg
    Apparently Willis' plan is to make every female hit on Billie.
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...

Sleeping-Corgi.jpg

I'm not honestly sure. The last attempt was rather clumsily Keynesian, in the naive let's-raise-wages-and-let-the-market-sort-out-the-details sense. This one seems more sophisticated. Notice that the Ms. Seah featured did not go on to simply employ a low-skilled Singaporean at higher wages. No, she just bought more machinery. There has been no attempt to engineer wages up directly. The government's new model - generous minimally-regulated-and-indeed-subsidized-growth, then redistribution out of taxes just before every election - seems to be working.

I don't know enough about the intricacies of Singaporean politics to really get Into it without doing some reading, I just remember hearing about the wealth inequality, and generous tax oppurtunities there for expats. Anything you wanna put up as good reading I'll read for sure, even though my backlog is getting a bit dense again, and I'm trying to figure out if I wanna stay up all night and handicap two forms, of head into the office.
    I didn't notice that was a Geth agree. That makes it even better as, obviously, the robots will replace the worker underclass in Singapore within a decade.
    I asked a question on the class' facebook page and someone I've never spoken to answered it in like, a minute.

We really are all in this together.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I asked a question on the class' facebook page and someone I've never spoken to answered it in like, a minute.

We really are all in this together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpTgwUesQI
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...

Sleeping-Corgi.jpg

Is that a doggy weiner I see

My god, it's Weinergate April all over again
    turtlesig.jpg
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...

Sleeping-Corgi.jpg

yes this

ffs

everyone around me in the office is coughing and sneezing constantly and whatever they have i don't fucking want it

why can't people just stay at home when they're sick?
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...

Sleeping-Corgi.jpg

yes this

ffs

everyone around me in the office is coughing and sneezing constantly and whatever they have i don't fucking want it

£££ and also HR departments have a disconcerting habit of pulling you into meetings if you take too many sick days.
    simonwolf wrote: »
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...

Sleeping-Corgi.jpg

Is that a doggy weiner I see

My god, it's Weinergate April all over again

IT'S COLD

SHUT UP

DON'T JUDGE ME
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Theory: HR departments rake you over the coals over your sick leave because they usually throw a sicky all the time and are projecting their guilt onto you.

I don't know enough about the intricacies of Singaporean politics to really get Into it without doing some reading, I just remember hearing about the wealth inequality, and generous tax oppurtunities there for expats. Anything you wanna put up as good reading I'll read for sure, even though my backlog is getting a bit dense again, and I'm trying to figure out if I wanna stay up all night and handicap two forms, of head into the office.

The wealth inequality stems from the last recession, when the government there decided to completely give up on trying to raise median wages because of all the problems trying to raise it caused.
  • HerrCronHerrCron Registered User regular
    Came into work only to discover that today is a public holiday. I am the worst at Switzerland.

sig.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I have a dentist's appointment at 8:30 that I've been putting off because they're going to check my BP and freak out because my BP is too high but it's not like, sans insurance, I can really do anything about it right now other than changing my diet (which I have been) and exercise (which I have not been).

And now I've been up all night fretting about it and I'm going to be fucking exhausted tomorrow aggggh.
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Came into work only to discover that today is a public holiday. I am the worst at Switzerland.

I thought Jeremy Clarkson was the worst at Switzerland.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have a dentist's appointment at 8:30 that I've been putting off because they're going to check my BP and freak out because my BP is too high but it's not like, sans insurance, I can really do anything about it right now other than changing my diet (which I have been) and exercise (which I have not been).

And now I've been up all night fretting about it and I'm going to be fucking exhausted tomorrow aggggh.

if i am to understand BP stands for blood pressure then freaking out is the opposite of what you want to be doing

but you already knew that

i'm not helping am i?

i'll shut up
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Theory: HR departments rake you over the coals over your sick leave because they usually throw a sicky all the time and are projecting their guilt onto you.

This logic and thieves are the people whore always worried about being stolen from to a schizophrenic degree. It's up there with who smelt it dealt it, but it works as de facto.
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    I am sorry for your trouble, Tav.

I am writing a short paper about cats.
    morning

so tired

kill.... meeeee...

Sleeping-Corgi.jpg

yes this

ffs

£££ and also HR departments have a disconcerting habit of pulling you into meetings if you take too many sick days.

one of the things i like most about this company is that we don't have an HR department

mostly this is just about contractors not wanting to lose a days pay

R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    I'm torn between "I know everything" and "death would be easier than sitting this exam".

The wealth inequality stems from the last recession, when the government there decided to completely give up on trying to raise median wages because of all the problems trying to raise it caused.

I thought it had to do to their appeal to overseas investors and Japan as their big buddy in the area? Kinda like Maccau and Taiwan, but in very different ways.
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm torn between "I know everything" and "death would be easier than sitting this exam".

You'll own it, just quit worrying about it and either read the parts you wish that you're weaker on/like or just rest up for the battle that awaits. Get your preferred morning jump start for breakfast/brunch.
This discussion has been closed.