Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    i want to live in a sprawling new york loft and have zany adventures with my hilarious and attractive single friends

is that so much to ask of life

*shakes Palantir*

Survey says yes.

Ha

Pony

On a computer, even.

I think.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    I would be more enthused about playing Persona 3 if it had less combat...

whats wrong with the combat?

From what I understand from people who like Jrpg combat it's really good. Personally I would rather have it be real time and I would really enjoy less repetitive dungeon designs. Those are just preferences for the types of games I like. I bought this game twice though... and I'm enjoying the non combat parts.

:(
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    who's here and wants to talk season 2 the wire

The worst season.
    Ziggy is the worst character.
    It gets so much better.
    Ziggy was sympathetic to me, a little bit. Mostly in the moment that Nick reminds Frank that he's actually his son.

I really did like this season. I liked the stevedore culture and how the docks were dying and that Frank was using bad money to try to keep everyone afloat while at the same time neglecting both is son and nephew.

The port cop actress annoyed me at first but she really came through in the last two episodes.

Omar is still da best forever.

I hope Avon eats it next season and Stringer takes his true place at the top of the heap.

And once again we see that the top of the pyramid gets off light and nothing changes no matter what the cops do.
    NO.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    real-time RPGs are the worst
    Per3th.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I just remembered I went to sleep around 4 this morning and woke up 2 hours later.

Night [chat]

FF12 says you are a fool
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

I'm just starting 4 right this moment but I'll talk about any of it

oh hey maybe you know some good critical essays on the show? I was asking the other day

it's just got layers and I find myself thinking about it randomly while driving or whatever.

what did you think of season two's setting and themes?
    NO.
  • AssassinateMarcAssassinateMarc Registered User regular
    I'm level 47 and I'm playing on easy. I wonder if I could beat the game while just rushing through the mandatory combat parts... My last playthrough I got stuck but I was playing on normal difficulty.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    i want to live in a sprawling new york loft and have zany adventures with my hilarious and attractive single friends

*shakes Palantir*

Survey says yes.

I don't...I don't think that's how a Palantir works.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

FF12 says you are a fool

The worst of the series!
    No idea, Im not a huge fan of Persona 3, im all about Persona 4
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i can't imagine playing persona 3 on easy

it just wouldn't be the same without the random, aggressive spikes of difficulty and occasional instant death
    Per3th.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I want a Kowloon Walled City the size of Manhattan

No!

It'd be the best thing ever
    turtlesig.jpg
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

FF12 says you are a fool

The worst of the series!

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular

oh hey maybe you know some good critical essays on the show? I was asking the other day

it's just got layers and I find myself thinking about it randomly while driving or whatever.

I'm terrified of spoilers so I haven't looked yet but my first thought is maybe AVClub did a watch of it. I generally like their writing.

I thought two was brilliant. the union stuff was my favorite aspect, there is a piece where they band together against the cops and that made me way more sympathetic to frank and the dirty fucks that were closest to him. and the part you mentioned where frank and ---- I can't remember his name, the nephew, talk about ziggy that was pretty good. and I continue to be amazed at how perfectly character's stories play out while also being unpredictable.

my cousin has the dvds so I am also planning to watch some commentaries when I'm done. I looked up the other night if the S1 tracks had spoilers for later seasons and they do so I can't watch any til I"m all done.

crazy into the show right now, as I said just started 4, it's better than I thought it would be even considering people calling it the best shit ever.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    you guys are making me remember that the only episode of The Wire i've seen is the last episode.

i'll watch it this summer though.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.

I'm terrified of spoilers so I haven't looked yet but my first thought is maybe AVClub did a watch of it. I generally like their writing.

I thought two was brilliant. the union stuff was my favorite aspect, there is a piece where they band together against the cops and that made me way more sympathetic to frank and the dirty fucks that were closest to him. and the part you mentioned where frank and ---- I can't remember his name, the nephew, talk about ziggy that was pretty good. and I continue to be amazed at how perfectly character's stories play out while also being unpredictable.

my cousin has the dvds so I am also planning to watch some commentaries when I'm done. I looked up the other night if the S1 tracks had spoilers for later seasons and they do so I can't watch any til I"m all done.

crazy into the show right now, as I said just started 4, it's better than I thought it would be even considering people calling it the best shit ever.

who is your favorite character?

pro tip: it's omar
    NO.
    I need the dvds, I decided. commentaries plz.

also I felt season two had less camera work ...stuff in it.
    I thought S1 they made a point of showing people on screens, people through cameras and through others' eyes, voyeuristic sort of "who's watching who" stuff.

S1 also had the great parallels between the street gangs and the gang mentality of the police, as well. I wasn't sure there was much to compare with the union guys sticking up for each other. At least Daniels got to actually swing his dick around in S2 and make shit happen.

I did like the theme about work being life for these police. Kima's dying, McNulty drinks himself near to death and Daniels can't deny that being on the street doing police stuff is basically what they need now to be happy.
    NO.
    he's pretty great

I really like freamon though

oh also, the wikipedia stuff for the wire is AMAZING. I do things like read recaps of eps after I watch them with lots of shows, but not only do you get that, there's an incredibly detailed page on all the characters. you gotta be careful for spoilers but it's not that hard. it breaks down like the entire police department, the street level dealers, etc. so well done.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson

I thought S1 they made a point of showing people on screens, people through cameras and through others' eyes, voyeuristic sort of "who's watching who" stuff.

S1 also had the great parallels between the street gangs and the gang mentality of the police, as well. I wasn't sure there was much to compare with the union guys sticking up for each other. At least Daniels got to actually swing his dick around in S2 and make shit happen.

I did like the theme about work being life for these police. Kima's dying, McNulty drinks himself near to death and Daniels can't deny that being on the street doing police stuff is basically what they need now to be happy.

you're gonna love s3, not that that's a shocker
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

*shakes Palantir*

Survey says yes.

Ha

Pony

On a computer, even.

I think.

Princess Luna is now of us. And addicted to Counter Strike.

THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED AWP NOOBS.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

*shakes Palantir*

Survey says yes.

I don't...I don't think that's how a Palantir works.

Nah, but the 8 ball analogy is too good to resist.

Usually I just stare at it for a while and wave at the evil trapped inside.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).

Kima's baby gonna be so cute!
    NO.

i wish i could still get into jrpgs and the like.

those games were so awesome.
    I'm interested in the two narco cop characters and where they're going.
    You know the two, the fuckups who constantly feel bad for themselves because they get the shit detail? I feel like they're never gonna change their ways. They take all the wrong lessons from what happens to them. Even Daniels can't save em I think.
    NO.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

The worst season.
    Ziggy is the worst character.
    It gets so much better.
    Ziggy was sympathetic to me, a little bit. Mostly in the moment that Nick reminds Frank that he's actually his son.

I really did like this season. I liked the stevedore culture and how the docks were dying and that Frank was using bad money to try to keep everyone afloat while at the same time neglecting both is son and nephew.

The port cop actress annoyed me at first but she really came through in the last two episodes.

Omar is still da best forever.

I hope Avon eats it next season and Stringer takes his true place at the top of the heap.

And once again we see that the top of the pyramid gets off light and nothing changes no matter what the cops do.

S2 is bad only by the standards of the wire

It's still a good season of television.

Just... Man. S4, holy shit.

Tales series is pretty good.
    oh my god I forgot the worst part of s2!
    Dee :(

dang that felt like a long season. are they all 12 eps?
    NO.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Kima's baby gonna be so cute!

Season 2 get a bad rap, but it's still very very good. Season 3 is fan-fuckin-tastic, tho. I still need to finish season 5. Somehow I drifted off like 3-4 episodes in. Gotta wrap things up!
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    You know the two, the fuckups who constantly feel bad for themselves because they get the shit detail? I feel like they're never gonna change their ways. They take all the wrong lessons from what happens to them. Even Daniels can't save em I think.

nodding my head

not saying anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtqyjfq-Iw

okay yeah i remember this being awesome. plus TWO PLAYERS.

nodding my head

not saying anything

they've become comic in their ineptitude

NO.
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    I played both P3 and P4 for hundread of hours so I think I'm qualified to speak on the subject :).

Musically, it's one of the only area in which it's even close. Both games have an awesome soundtrack. Which one is best is left to indivudual taste, IMO. Advantage P3, I say, because it needs it :)

Storywise, P4 is more complex, even tough it pulls the '' hey we have the killer..... o wait no'' card too often

Graphically, it's no context. P4 all the way.

Gameplay wise, it's again P4 all the way. Being able to control all your charachters make the battles a lot more enjoyable and intense. I wonder how come P3 didn't have that? This seems so obvious in retrospect.

P4 have Teddie :D P3 have Mitsuru, my favourite female characther in any game,ever.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg

Modern ones are up to four, and Tales of Graces F got rid of their version of Mana in favor of a quickly regenerating bar. It's awesome.
    Jean wrote: »
    I played both P3 and P4 for hundread of hours so I think I'm qualified to speak on the subject :).

Musically, it's one of the only area in which it's even close. Both games have an awesome soundtrack. Which one is best is left to indivudual taste, IMO. Advantage P3, I say, because it needs it :)

Storywise, P4 is more complex, even tough it pulls the '' hey we have the killer..... o wait no'' card too often

Graphically, it's no context. P4 all the way.

Gameplay wise, it's again P4 all the way. Being able to control all your charachters make the battles a lot more enjoyable and intense. I wonder how come P3 didn't have that? This seems so obvious in retrospect.

P4 have Teddie :D P3 have Mitsuru, my favourite female characther in any game,ever.

Persona 3 portable has this.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

Why do all the fighters talk nonstop during play?
    dkmouthsig.png
    bf is playing lara croft

my assessment is that she is an evil murderer
    NO.
  • AssassinateMarcAssassinateMarc Registered User regular

Why do all the fighters talk nonstop during play?

Because it's cool. I like when Jrpg characters converse during battle.
    @variable are you caught up on Veep?
    NO.
This discussion has been closed.