Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Call of Cthulhu MMO would be sweet.

I mean I have no idea how it would possibly work but
    2ezikn6.jpg

pfft that looks comfy. well too much clutter but the one that has a stove and a fridge? that's all you need.

I agree!

I have and enjoy a spartan existence. I don't even cook.

But one of the benefits of said spartan existence is that I save the hell out of my money.

Those prices are ballkicks.

Yeah the prices are what make it unreasonable.

As a fellow non-cooker I do miss cooking when my options for food become limited. Like right now. There's a 24/7 diner and thaaat's about it.

Well, I enjoy cooking... But I need a pretty fucking great kitchen. I love cooking at my parents' house. I don't need to cook though.

Here, I live in a massive city and stuff closes late, or never... and it's just easier on my time. I tend to assume (correctly) that the chefs around here are, you know, experienced at that sort of thing and can probably do a better job than me.

And rent is cheap.

for some reason I am thinking you are in asia

is that correct?

Yeah.

I live in China, in a really rich town.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

pfft that looks comfy. well too much clutter but the one that has a stove and a fridge? that's all you need.

I agree!

But one of the benefits of said spartan existence is that I save the hell out of my money.

You make a lot more money in the city. It offsets a bit of the LOL cost of living.

The LOLishness of it means a constriction of opportunities available there, and a lot of sacrifices made that a denser city wouldn't likely force people to make.

High prices force people and opportunities out.

High wages and opportunities also draw people in. :)
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

Character sees unspeakable horror from the deep eats own hand in response.

Character is captured by cultist, sacrificed, sleeper is awakened server goes down wiping all characters.
    falasig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I've been waiting for World of Darkness MMO ever since a finanacial document was leaked shortly after CCP purchased WW.

From the docs I saw, it seems to be an attempt to recreat MET as an MMO. Which I expect to look something like this:

train_wreck.jpg

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to the gathering of weirdos who will descend on this game.

Some men want to watch the world burn, I just want to watch people try and RP while ignoring all the Nosferatus runni g around naked.

And some men are like me and will accrue power as a Prince while also watching the world of naked Nosferatu burn. Blood hunts on the lot of them! 24/7 naked Final Deaths, administered with classic Camarilla arrogance.

Until the Fiskmalks realize they vastly outnumber you and you're torn from your throne as there is a sudden outbreak of sanity.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

I agree!

You make a lot more money in the city. It offsets a bit of the LOL cost of living.

The LOLishness of it means a constriction of opportunities available there, and a lot of sacrifices made that a denser city wouldn't likely force people to make.

...but they have nowhere to live because the draw increases demand increases price eats up the "high" wages...

YOUR LOGIC EATS ITSELF
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

The game comes with a large dosage of acid.

After the tab dissolves you may then press Enter
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Today feels like a good day for some turf wars with those stupid Sabbat. Sarksus, go warm up my diablerie kit.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Character sees unspeakable horror from the deep eats own hand in response.

Character is captured by cultist, sacrificed, sleeper is awakened server goes down wiping all characters.

Yeah. Characters would kind of be used like toilet paper.

That could be the payment mechanism. $0.05/character.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

The Secret World.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I've been waiting for World of Darkness MMO ever since a finanacial document was leaked shortly after CCP purchased WW.

From the docs I saw, it seems to be an attempt to recreat MET as an MMO. Which I expect to look something like this:

train_wreck.jpg

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to the gathering of weirdos who will descend on this game.

Some men want to watch the world burn, I just want to watch people try and RP while ignoring all the Nosferatus runni g around naked.

And some men are like me and will accrue power as a Prince while also watching the world of naked Nosferatu burn. Blood hunts on the lot of them! 24/7 naked Final Deaths, administered with classic Camarilla arrogance.

Until the Fiskmalks realize they vastly outnumber you and you're torn from your throne as there is a sudden outbreak of sanity.

And then I'll reroll as a quieter scholarly Tremere who owns a bookstore downtown, occasionally killing demon hunters with a twelve gauge and some dry humour.
    I forgot about fish malks.

I should dig up my oWoD books.

I agree!

...but they have nowhere to live because the draw increases demand increases price eats up the "high" wages...

YOUR LOGIC EATS ITSELF

They split $1700 a month with a roommate. They can totally afford this because their combined shitty incomes are still over $60,000.
    If less, they're probably eligible for subsidized housing or some shit.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    noo york should have more and higher-rise housing
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Neo York

the cyberpunk sprawl that stretches the length of the East coast
    turtlesig.jpg
    Ugh, nothing more embarrassing then finding old character sheets.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    GW2 is a great game, I probably put 200 hours into it

I consider my $60 + whatever i spent in the gem shop more than worthwhile and really hope Arenanet figures out something to do at endgame that appeals to me

some kind of Moba mode might be fun
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    NERDS

How do I get in your Neverwinter guild?
    vspgsp.jpg
    the thing is, though, it won't really improve life for existing residents. it mostly improves life for the people who would then move to new york city.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i want to live in a sprawling new york loft and have zany adventures with my hilarious and attractive single friends

is that so much to ask of life
    Per3th.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Everquest Next is supposed to be sandbox focused, and they are doing incredible stuff with Planetside 2 so I expect good things from them.

Also FF14's reboot is turning out really nice

wait they are rebooting

wait

what?

FF14 was a flop. they went and put new team leads on it and have rebooted it. The even did it in game with the story line and everything. Its currently in closed beta and will launch in the summer.
    Elendil wrote: »
    i want to live in a sprawling new york loft and have zany adventures with my hilarious and attractive single friends

steampunk-industrial-retro-coop-in-chelsea-for-sale.jpg

#FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

steampunk-industrial-retro-coop-in-chelsea-for-sale.jpg

weep

weep for whoever who has to dust this place

I'll be there for you, don't worry
    turtlesig.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular

You start out as a lvl 1 Cthulhu in a village, hit some womp rats with a stick to grind to being a lvl 10 Cthulhu, then you move on to the intermediate plane of despair...
    Winky wrote: »
    NERDS

How do I get in your Neverwinter guild?

use the ingame tool to look for the penny arcade guild :what a nice guild" and it will tell you if and who is online who can invite you
  • AssassinateMarcAssassinateMarc Registered User regular
    I would be more enthused about playing Persona 3 if it had less combat...
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    who's here and wants to talk season 2 the wire
    NO.

whats wrong with the combat?
    edited May 2013
    So It Goes wrote: »

The worst season.
    Ziggy is the worst character.
    It gets so much better.
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    edited May 2013
    (this is why I am a little annoyed by frantic predictions of the inevitably dystopia of HIGH RISE RESIDENTIAL HOUSING OH NOOO)
    ronya on
    I want a Kowloon Walled City the size of Manhattan
    turtlesig.jpg
  • GoslingGosling Team Monica Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Somehow, Mike and Jerry managed to hit their daunting $10 goal for restarting the podcast.

Whew. That was a nailbiter.
    I'm trying, through my blog, to break into the journalism industry. Any eyes and ears that pick up on any leads towards that end are greatly appreciated. PM me if you happen to hear anything.
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I want a Kowloon Walled City the size of Manhattan

No!
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Everquest Next is supposed to be sandbox focused, and they are doing incredible stuff with Planetside 2 so I expect good things from them.

Also FF14's reboot is turning out really nice

wait they are rebooting

wait

what?

FF14 was a flop. they went and put new team leads on it and have rebooted it. The even did it in game with the story line and everything. Its currently in closed beta and will launch in the summer.

Ohhh! I was thinking about 13. I didn't even realize they released another MMO.

FFXI was really interesting.

(i can proudly say that I created one of the first linkshells on my server and ended up being one of the few western players to end up getting a gun in the early game. That was a wacky adventure to some sort of pirate place I can't recall. We had no business being there but damn were we ambitious.)
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

I'm just starting 4 right this moment but I'll talk about any of it
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png

*shakes Palantir*

Survey says yes.
  • AssassinateMarcAssassinateMarc Registered User regular

whats wrong with the combat?

From what I understand from people who like Jrpg combat it's really good. Personally I would rather have it be real time and I would really enjoy less repetitive dungeon designs. Those are just preferences for the types of games I like. I bought this game twice though... and I'm enjoying the non combat parts.
This discussion has been closed.