Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

pfft that looks comfy. well too much clutter but the one that has a stove and a fridge? that's all you need.

I agree!

I have and enjoy a spartan existence. I don't even cook.

But one of the benefits of said spartan existence is that I save the hell out of my money.

Those prices are ballkicks.

Yeah the prices are what make it unreasonable.

As a fellow non-cooker I do miss cooking when my options for food become limited. Like right now. There's a 24/7 diner and thaaat's about it.

Well, I enjoy cooking... But I need a pretty fucking great kitchen. I love cooking at my parents' house. I don't need to cook though.

Here, I live in a massive city and stuff closes late, or never... and it's just easier on my time. I tend to assume (correctly) that the chefs around here are, you know, experienced at that sort of thing and can probably do a better job than me.

And rent is cheap.
    Loren Michael on
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm just gonna play GW2 on and off while I wait for an MMO with a well executed sandbox/virtual world approach.

Maybe the World of Darkness game, if it ever comes out, will be neat.

4 more years!
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I probably still don't have access to the Goonswarm forum. They are pretty strict about account privileges. Their setup was so damn sweet though. So many different communication platforms tied together with one login. Very slick.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Man

There is a ridiculously hot girl in a wheelchair in my history class.

Like, how do you even have an amazing ass when you can't walk?

I want to have dirty differently-abled wheelchair sex with her

Real talk

Maybe she just really hates walking.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    EvE is a game that produces wonderful stories. I have 0 interest in playing. Something about it just doesn't click, mostly it is boring. It is the only pure player based game that is still going and going well so it gets some credit.

I think MMOs should target more niche communities because I think those are more long lasting communities and more tight nit. STO is a good example, EvE, DAoC(people still play!) and so on. WoW was a freak accident.

Actually I am also sick of Fantasy and Fantasy in Space stuff. I wouldn't mind a nice Earth and Beyond remake or something like Anarchy Online turned into a Shadowrun style mmo. You could buy an apartment!

Then die horribly like most runners.

I think Cryptic has a good idea with letting the community make content. NWN lasted because of that. Look at mod communities for HL1 and HL2.

I am not sure try to recreate that "nostalgia" is the way to go anymore. But instead they should change how they should make MMOs.

I think that is part of why I backed Camelot Unleashed. It is very much that niche only mmo. And a niche I like.

I would love to just have access to the Merch and goonswarm forums just to watch the random acts of malice.

It's not so random these days. There's a lot of "hey wouldn't it be fun if we went over to where these guys are mining ice and ruined their day?"

*sells off stockpile of ice products when the prices spike*
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I think. I've become too liberal with my agrees.

Before I treated them with respect and appreciation. Now I feel like i'm handing them out like candy and their value is depreciating. Maybe one agree per week. Make it a coveted thing.

(not to say that i didn't agree with your post.)
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I always want to be playing EVE.

Until I'm playing EVE.

It is the only game I have such fond memories of despite all the other memories which lead to my not playing if for the last few years.

Oh, how I long for the Halcyon days of Empyrean Age when I was a lowly stealth bomber murdering miners in low sec and null for lols. It was the only time I ever did anything in EvE solo after my initial experiences with the game in a pubbie high sec corp that exploded hilariously when we all migrated in frigates to null sec and got almost instantly scanned down and blown up.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Deebaser wrote: »

pfft that looks comfy. well too much clutter but the one that has a stove and a fridge? that's all you need.

I agree!

But one of the benefits of said spartan existence is that I save the hell out of my money.

You make a lot more money in the city. It offsets a bit of the LOL cost of living.

The LOLishness of it means a constriction of opportunities available there, and a lot of sacrifices made that a denser city wouldn't likely force people to make.

High prices force people and opportunities out.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Shadowbane, that was the name I was looking for.

God so much hope for it and it was such a hot mess. So bad. Tried to make something similar to EvE but missed the mark by a few football fields.

Shadowbane actually got me into big 'mainstream' MMOs. I had been playing Runescape but Shadowbane was the first big MMO I was interested in. I even joined a guild in preparation and a guildmate introduced me to Dark Age of Camelot and we played that while we waited. I thought DAOC was really cool. Playing MMO was when I had that sense of wonderment you get at first. I'm sure the world wasn't actually that engaging but I felt like it was positively alive and I wanted to explore it.

Then Shadowbane came out and almost immediately I was like, ehhhhhh.

DAoC realms were huge. There were tons of of places to explore. I don't think I ever saw all of Albion and that was after years of playing.

It was huge. And that isn't counter the borderlands.

Seriously though one realm was larger than a continent in WoW. I can't find the old comparison maps.
    falasig.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Goodnight [chat]!

Couple long days before a couple shorter days and a party that I'm super-excited for on Saturday. :D
    I've been waiting for World of Darkness MMO ever since a finanacial document was leaked shortly after CCP purchased WW.

God so much hope for it and it was such a hot mess. So bad. Tried to make something similar to EvE but missed the mark by a few football fields.

Shadowbane actually got me into big 'mainstream' MMOs. I had been playing Runescape but Shadowbane was the first big MMO I was interested in. I even joined a guild in preparation and a guildmate introduced me to Dark Age of Camelot and we played that while we waited. I thought DAOC was really cool. Playing MMO was when I had that sense of wonderment you get at first. I'm sure the world wasn't actually that engaging but I felt like it was positively alive and I wanted to explore it.

DAoC realms were huge. There were tons of of places to explore. I don't think I ever saw all of Albion and that was after years of playing.

Seriously though one realm was larger than a continent in WoW. I can't find the old comparison maps.

Who wants that kind of thing back? I know I do.

I temper my expectation at least for the short term that we ever will again, even including the Camelot Unchained thing.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    EvE is a game that produces wonderful stories. I have 0 interest in playing. Something about it just doesn't click, mostly it is boring. It is the only pure player based game that is still going and going well so it gets some credit.

I think MMOs should target more niche communities because I think those are more long lasting communities and more tight nit. STO is a good example, EvE, DAoC(people still play!) and so on. WoW was a freak accident.

Actually I am also sick of Fantasy and Fantasy in Space stuff. I wouldn't mind a nice Earth and Beyond remake or something like Anarchy Online turned into a Shadowrun style mmo. You could buy an apartment!

Then die horribly like most runners.

I think Cryptic has a good idea with letting the community make content. NWN lasted because of that. Look at mod communities for HL1 and HL2.

I am not sure try to recreate that "nostalgia" is the way to go anymore. But instead they should change how they should make MMOs.

I think that is part of why I backed Camelot Unleashed. It is very much that niche only mmo. And a niche I like.

I would love to just have access to the Merch and goonswarm forums just to watch the random acts of malice.

It's not so random these days. There's a lot of "hey wouldn't it be fun if we went over to where these guys are mining ice and ruined their day?"

*sells off stockpile of ice products when the prices spike*

Ah, right when I joined Merch, someone was in the process of a month long con game. Those type of stories were really the only thing that entertained me about EVE beyond spinning spaceships.
    Oh shit, I still have partial access to their forum. Most of the sub-forums aren't accessible but I can see the Ops sub-forum. Haha and I can fully access the wiki, which is awesome and full of cool info.
    Oh shit, I still have partial access to their forum. Most of the sub-forums aren't accessible but I can see the Ops sub-forum. Haha and I can fully access the wiki, which is awesome and full of cool info.

You know what you have to do; sell the info in Jita to the highest bidder, perhaps an ex BOB moron, and get promptly space assassinated.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Man

There is a ridiculously hot girl in a wheelchair in my history class.

Like, how do you even have an amazing ass when you can't walk?

I want to have dirty differently-abled wheelchair sex with her

Real talk

I have a thing for girls in wheelchairs.

I totes want to date a wheelchair girl. It would be best.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I've been waiting for World of Darkness MMO ever since a finanacial document was leaked shortly after CCP purchased WW.

From the docs I saw, it seems to be an attempt to recreat MET as an MMO. Which I expect to look something like this:

train_wreck.jpg
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    Corehealer wrote: »

You know what you have to do; sell the info in Jita to the highest bidder, perhaps an ex BOB moron, and get promptly space assassinated.

I would never sell out my piece of shit blues
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Everquest Next is supposed to be sandbox focused, and they are doing incredible stuff with Planetside 2 so I expect good things from them.

Also FF14's reboot is turning out really nice

I would never sell out my piece of shit blues

Not even for space money, space fame and space blowjobs?

Clearly your too carebear for a real man's sandbox.
    I think I would put up with EVE's nonsense if it didn't have a monthly fee, and you didn't have to make 300 million isk every month to avoid paying the monthly fee.

Who wants that kind of thing back? I know I do.

I temper my expectation at least for the short term that we ever will again, even including the Camelot Unchained thing.

But on the counter side, the pve was awful. It forced grouping which was actually mixed. You learned your realm mates, made friends and basically forced socialization. But it was also boring and required tons of work.

I do think that worlds like DAoC can be created. But the realms were created with a purpose. To make you a warrior for your realm, know your realm mates and to get into the borderlands where the real game began.

The exploration was an added bonus because it was the land you were fighting for. If there was no land there was no reason to fight.

It was a different idea of developing a world. EQ, UO, DAoC were made when world building came first and gameplay second do to limitations of tech. Then you had WoW where gameplay came first since the world was built. Now it is about gameplay first and world building is way down the list.
    falasig.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    I think I would put up with EVE's nonsense if it didn't have a monthly fee, and you didn't have to make 300 million isk every month to avoid paying the monthly fee.

The monthly fee is what has prevented me from going back to WoW for the last few weeks. I wish they would remove it.

Or go to an actual monthly fee, where you give them $15 and they give you 30 days /played to use. I would be comfortable with that system.

300 mill is basically the entry price of a good deep dicking in Delve.
    Thomamelas wrote: »

From the docs I saw, it seems to be an attempt to recreat MET as an MMO. Which I expect to look something like this:

train_wreck.jpg

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to the gathering of weirdos who will descend on this game.

Some men want to watch the world burn, I just want to watch people try and RP while ignoring all the Nosferatus runni g around naked.
    Someone needs to make that game from Reamde.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

300 mill is basically the entry price of a good deep dicking in Delve.

I like that the goon intro guide gets you into a ship that you can't really use well, in an area when everything is on farm by various folk.
    One of the cool things I heard about the WoD MMO is that princes of a domain will be players and they can mark another player for a hunt. If a player is killed in this way their character is permanently deleted.

So, don't fuck with princes that have a lot of political support.
    Everquest Next is supposed to be sandbox focused, and they are doing incredible stuff with Planetside 2 so I expect good things from them.

Also FF14's reboot is turning out really nice

wait they are rebooting

wait

what?
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    WoD interests me because I have ZERO idea what it is even going to be.
    _J_ wrote: »

The monthly fee is what has prevented me from going back to WoW for the last few weeks. I wish they would remove it.

Or go to an actual monthly fee, where you give them $15 and they give you 30 days /played to use. I would be comfortable with that system.

I could get on board with this too, although in EVE's case there's so much downtime while being logged in it might still not be worth it.
    Thomamelas wrote: »

train_wreck.jpg

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to the gathering of weirdos who will descend on this game.

Some men want to watch the world burn, I just want to watch people try and RP while ignoring all the Nosferatus runni g around naked.

And some men are like me and will accrue power as a Prince while also watching the world of naked Nosferatu burn. Blood hunts on the lot of them! 24/7 naked Final Deaths, administered with classic Camarilla arrogance.
    One of the cool things I heard about the WoD MMO is that princes of a domain will be players and they can mark another player for a hunt. If a player is killed in this way their character is permanently deleted.

Or hope the Princes aren't dicks.

But seriously, if you a prince in WoD you should be a master dick.
    falasig.png
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular
    Squats, Push-Ups, Sit-Ups. These are the things I've been doing with my time tonight.

Well.. that and watching Defiance and Grimm on the interbutts.

Whelp, did you just walk in front of me without /dancing??
    It's World of Darkness, not World of Let's Be Fair Now
    2ezikn6.jpg

*lights imaginary cigarette, chucks it in Malkavian's face*

*Malkavian flys around in pain with imaginary burns in it's eyes while I laugh*

I agree!

Yeah the prices are what make it unreasonable.

As a fellow non-cooker I do miss cooking when my options for food become limited. Like right now. There's a 24/7 diner and thaaat's about it.

Well, I enjoy cooking... But I need a pretty fucking great kitchen. I love cooking at my parents' house. I don't need to cook though.

Here, I live in a massive city and stuff closes late, or never... and it's just easier on my time. I tend to assume (correctly) that the chefs around here are, you know, experienced at that sort of thing and can probably do a better job than me.

And rent is cheap.

for some reason I am thinking you are in asia

is that correct?
    I should play bloodlines again.
    falasig.png
    Princes exsist to be hated, regardless if they deserve said hate.

This discussion has been closed.