Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    simonwolf wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    I want a Kowloon Walled City the size of Manhattan

No!

It'd be the best thing ever

damn you hotlinking protection!

EDIT:
    DX2.jpg
    Winky on
    vspgsp.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    in my last run of P3, I got to the end and only used two personae: Lilith (possibly NSFW) and Loki

i initially used them for gameplay reasons

i kept using them because i realized they were both glam-rocky as fuck, and i was instantly enchanted
    Per3th.jpg
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    variable are you caught up on Veep?

don't watch it

it's good?
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    oh shit I could catch up on all of veep in a weekend. will do that.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

don't watch it

it's good?

If you have run out of The Thick Of It and crave a similar but lower density product then you are in luck
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I saw Iron Man 3 tonight. I did not care for it. It was really sloppy and shallow. The story didn't flow. What happened in one scene was almost unrelated to the next. There were like 20 little ideas that got smushed together into a movie and that was that.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    yeah you might like it. I thought you already were watching it!

someone else around here is watching it.
    NO.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    buster is in veep and I love him so
    NO.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

don't watch it

it's good?

If you have run out of The Thick Of It and crave a similar but lower density product then you are in luck

I don't even know what that is! I assume the original version? of something we stole? I'd care more if I didn't like julia louis dreyfus a bunch

but if it's great I'll look for it
    I saw Iron Man 3 tonight. I did not care for it. It was really sloppy and shallow. The story didn't flow. What happened in one scene was almost unrelated to the next. There were like 20 little ideas that got smushed together into a movie and that was that.

No, you are wrong and wanted a boring movie.

Is truth.

Though, honestly, I really did not get this sense of "smushed together" or disharmony that other people seemed to have gotten from it. I think it all fit together pretty great in the end, actually. I think it may have generated that feeling in people due to the fact that Shane Black seems to have very much wanted to do exactly what you were not expecting him to do at any given moment, though. There were a lot of set-ups that he builds and then purposefully doesn't go for. Basically he trollin', which I loved.
    vspgsp.jpg
    Winky wrote: »

Is truth.

Though, honestly, I really did not get this sense of "smushed together" or disharmony that other people seemed to have gotten from it. I think it all fit together pretty great in the end, actually. I think it may have generated that feeling in people due to the fact that Shane Black seems to have very much wanted to do exactly what you were not expecting him to do at any given moment, though. There were a lot of set-ups that he builds and then purposefully doesn't go for. Basically he trollin', which I loved.

I wonder which of us has attention deficit disorder.
    dkmouthsig.png
    edited May 2013

Is truth.

Did you ever think that maybe you have too much attention, huh?

EDIT:
    Though, if I had to describe this movie, I would say: "Good for ADD, bad for aspergers."
    Winky on
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

don't watch it

it's good?

I don't even know what that is! I assume the original version? of something we stole? I'd care more if I didn't like julia louis dreyfus a bunch

but if it's great I'll look for it

It's not a remake or anything, justthe lead writer and core idea of political fuck up based sitcom
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    I played both P3 and P4 for hundread of hours so I think I'm qualified to speak on the subject :).

Musically, it's one of the only area in which it's even close. Both games have an awesome soundtrack. Which one is best is left to indivudual taste, IMO. Advantage P3, I say, because it needs it :)

Storywise, P4 is more complex, even tough it pulls the '' hey we have the killer..... o wait no'' card too often

Graphically, it's no context. P4 all the way.

Gameplay wise, it's again P4 all the way. Being able to control all your charachters make the battles a lot more enjoyable and intense. I wonder how come P3 didn't have that? This seems so obvious in retrospect.

P4 have Teddie :D P3 have Mitsuru, my favourite female characther in any game,ever.

Persona 3 portable has this.

Good point. I shall correct my initial statement

I have played P3 and P4 for several hundreads of hours in their original version, on the PS2.

I've completed P3 5 times, P4 3 times.

Persona is the non-Squeenix serie I have played the most, by far.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Good night chat.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular

the trick is on the readers of such blogs, I guess
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Good night chat.

Good night!

use them to get google ad revenue?

idgi

besides like, setting them up to scam your okcupid dates
    NO.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    real-time RPGs are the worst

Tales series is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtqyjfq-Iw

okay yeah i remember this being awesome. plus TWO PLAYERS.

Why do all the fighters talk nonstop during play?

maybe you should go watch some dragon ball and get back to us when you're in the know about how things work.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Far Cry 3: I have 6 unused skill points, because I've been running around doing stuff, but haven't completed enough missions to unlock more upgrade options.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    I like the days I go to elementary schools

The kids actually seem excited to see me, they wave and call my name and ask me questions

this is compared to my sullen junior high kids, who basically groan when it's time to learn some o' dat sweet English
    turtlesig.jpg
  • AssassinateMarcAssassinateMarc Registered User regular
    I played both P3 and P4 for hundread of hours so I think I'm qualified to speak on the subject :).

Musically, it's one of the only area in which it's even close. Both games have an awesome soundtrack. Which one is best is left to indivudual taste, IMO. Advantage P3, I say, because it needs it :)

Storywise, P4 is more complex, even tough it pulls the '' hey we have the killer..... o wait no'' card too often

Gameplay wise, it's again P4 all the way. Being able to control all your charachters make the battles a lot more enjoyable and intense. I wonder how come P3 didn't have that? This seems so obvious in retrospect.

P4 have Teddie :D P3 have Mitsuru, my favourite female characther in any game,ever.

I have played P3 and P4 for several hundreads of hours in their original version, on the PS2.

Have you played any of the other Mega Ten games? I want to know more about them.
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular

Have you played any of the other Mega Ten games? I want to know more about them.

SMT: Nocturne is really difficult and grindy but it's intelligent and fun. The battle system requires you actually be awake and breathing.
    JKKaAGp.png
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular

The kids actually seem excited to see me, they wave and call my name and ask me questions

this is compared to my sullen junior high kids, who basically groan when it's time to learn some o' dat sweet English
    Have you tried wearing a backwards baseball cap and skateboarding into class
    jBEKRTH.png
    Elki wrote: »
    Far Cry 3: I have 6 unused skill points, because I've been running around doing stuff, but haven't completed enough missions to unlock more upgrade options.

Happened to me too.

Is truth.

EDIT:
    Though, if I had to describe this movie, I would say: "Good for ADD, bad for aspergers."
    Stark's anxiety attacks were stupid. The movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be a sequel to The Avengers or not, so they kept making oblique references, but were sure to keep them contentless so the movie would stand alone. If the b-story is gonna be Tony getting over his PTSD from The Avengers, you can't do that. Recap, go into detail, show us the aftermath. SOMETHING. It's ridiculous just just be like: NUFFIN IS DA SAYME SINCE NEW YORK and then never say more. There was no real progression either. Attack, attack, attack, boom CURED SOMEHOW.

The Mandarin was hilarious but there was not nearly enough of him before the reveal.

The little kid sidekick wins underdeveloped, underused character of the year. I thought the movie had abandoned him until at the very end he was awarded with Verizon FIOS presents Pimp My Lab.

There were 10 Million Iron men but instead of being awesome, each suit got destroyed one-by-one like they were made out of aluminum foil. Also, they had the Mark 42 explode into pieces a few too many times.

If War Machine was functional, why didn't the president try to get away?
    dkmouthsig.png
    wandering wrote: »

The teachers won't approve my lesson on 1990s youth slang

I want these kids to start saying "tubular" and "grody", dang it
    turtlesig.jpg
    Maybe we don't need the internet.

I say this after stumbling across an image titled "Dolphin 3 Way #1"

that was drawn by a human. and is for sale. on the internet. from their personal website. full of similar things.

but who am i to restrict their. . .expression.

that was drawn by a human. and is for sale. on the internet. from their personal website. full of similar things.

I prefer 4 Way Horses #2
    dkmouthsig.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular

Since when did you care what "teach" had to say?
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!

Sadly, I haven't. I first discovered the serie with P3. I played that game more hours than any on the PS2. When P4 came out, it was a gamer-gasm for me!

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

use them to get google ad revenue?

idgi

besides like, setting them up to scam your okcupid dates

Astroturfing maybe?

Or gaming search engine algorithms to bump up the targets of the links.
    @Jean have you decided when you are coming over to Europe yet?
    Kalkino wrote: »

Since I became "teach"

boo hoo hoo boo
    turtlesig.jpg

Since I became "teach"

boo hoo hoo boo

I really thing the backwards cap is the only way you are going to be able to show the System that you are still an independent man.

I prefer 4 Way Horses #2

oh god damn it

i searched for it like a fool and for a second I was relieved.

July or August :)

They're is so many things to do tough, it still makes my head spin! :$

July or August :)

They're is so many things to do tough, it still makes my head spin! :$

I wonder if you should just do a tour for some of the trip - to see if briefly lots of the bits you want to see easily, then keep a week free at the end to spend somewhere. Maybe do the tour through Northern Europe, then spend a week or two in Southern France.

Is truth.

EDIT:
    Stark's anxiety attacks were stupid. The movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be a sequel to The Avengers or not, so they kept making oblique references, but were sure to keep them contentless so the movie would stand alone. If the b-story is gonna be Tony getting over his PTSD from The Avengers, you can't do that. Recap, go into detail, show us the aftermath. SOMETHING. It's ridiculous just just be like: NUFFIN IS DA SAYME SINCE NEW YORK and then never say more. There was no real progression either. Attack, attack, attack, boom CURED SOMEHOW.

The Mandarin was hilarious but there was not nearly enough of him before the reveal.

The little kid sidekick wins underdeveloped, underused character of the year. I thought the movie had abandoned him until at the very end he was awarded with Verizon FIOS presents Pimp My Lab.

There were 10 Million Iron men but instead of being awesome, each suit got destroyed one-by-one like they were made out of aluminum foil. Also, they had the Mark 42 explode into pieces a few too many times.

If War Machine was functional, why didn't the president try to get away?
    The anxiety attacks were great for two reasons (1) they illustrated what anxiety attacks are really like in a way that wasn't melodramatic and represented a very human way of reacting to the sorts of comic book shit Stark has had to deal with and (2) they built into the larger overall theme of the movie. Yes, all of the Avengers shit was pushed to the side and ignored because Black was making a movie about Ironman, so it ignored everything in the film that didn't have a direct impact on Ironman himself as a character. The truth is that Avengers didn't even need to happen for the anxiety attacks to make sense, all you need is Stark to feel powerless without his suits and like he's naked and vulnerable without them.

The anxiety attacks weren't cured "somehow", they were cured when Stark came to the realization that he didn't need to hide inside his suits in order to survive, that he was the source of their power and not the other way around. He comes to this realization when the kid, who is used sparingly explicitly so he didn't become tacky or annoying, gives him a unique perspective on who he is. "You're the mechanic, build something."

Likewise, when the suits show up to rescue him Stark proceeds to use them like tools to be discarded. They're flimsy and fall apart without the man inside them to pilot them, and even when he is they crumple against the force of the enemies they're fighting but Stark just ejects into a new one. They aren't the protagonist here: Stark is. Their only strength comes from being an extension of him.

And the answer to your last question is an honest "Who cares?". He was unconscious or its good bits were turned off or something, doesn't matter.
    vspgsp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.