Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm rewatching the Legend of Korra.

You know what is so good?

The Legend of Korra.

I was kind of crushed by how bad the ending of Avatar was

Right? They blow up the tree and then fight off the miners. Like the company won't just send a hundred more ships and gas the planet now.

Total bollocks.

I just don't understand what the little bald magic kid has to do with unobtainium.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Ever feeling like you want to share your money or your things with another person is a weakness and should be purged from your body with extreme prejudice.

no its fine

but when you are flirting with someone youve never met via text and they are angling for cash, maybe that is a warning sign
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think I might actually infuse some bourbon with mint

What would pair well with that as an infusion

A leg of lamb.

I...

Well that would be delicious, but I meant inside the bourbon

Get a high powered blender :P
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    i just drank some old granddadd bourbon from the bottle

my goodness that will put even more hair on my chest

Drink the entire bottle and look like Burt Reynolds.

c eddy's chest hair doesn't look like burt reynolds'

burt reynold's chest hair looks like c eddy's
    919UOwT.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    skippy i felt like you yesterday afternoon it was eerie
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Don't use an offer of financial help as a way to hit on people.

That's creepy.

It basically implies "I will give you money to have sex with me," or, "I will give you money as a way to guilt or coerce you into having sex with me in the future." :l

Bad. So bad.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

The Legend of Korra.

Right? They blow up the tree and then fight off the miners. Like the company won't just send a hundred more ships and gas the planet now.

Total bollocks.

I just don't understand what the little bald magic kid has to do with unobtainium.

I think it's what made him bald?
    Lh96QHG.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i've found myself helping a lot of ladies out financially

granted, they are all hookers
    Per3th.jpg
    Organichu wrote: »

hmm?
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hey, are some of you [chat] nerds tracking / competing your workouts via fitocracy?

I should get in on that. Right now I'm working out and no one is hearing about it.

Like, what is even the point?
    I used to use it to track my workouts. but i stopped.

Because it was dumb and also because I had no friends on it.
    @benarwhal @21stcentury (also @deebaser)

I have a group that I made called the SE++ group (but it's basically a PA forum group that I made to distinguish it from the general PA group that was full of shit tons of random non-forumers) and we have a good group of ppl from both the weight loss and strength training threads

I use it regularly to track my workouts (used to use the website but mostly use the app now so I can do it while at/leaving the gym easily) and it's good

Hakks uses it and so does Beast

I'm sure some others do

Join us

I'll link the group or follow you when you do/when I'm not phone posting

It's good motivation to have other people see it and give you props
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    how was i the only one who read that as "i want to hold up your boobies"

who are you people
    Per3th.jpg

The Legend of Korra.

Wow, really? Consensus is that the two hour Sozin's Comet finale was awesome and wrapped up the series extremely well.
    the giant turtle island thing was this huge deus ex machina that had no explanation, no connection to anything else, and was the absolute key to his non-lethal victory over the Firelord.

It was hugely disappointing. Also I thought that his avatar state was locked out for good when he chose material attachment, and then I was REALLY hoping the lightning death while in the avatar state locked it out, but nope

He just went into god mode and won easily and magically had the ability to spiritbend for no reason

I was also disappointed in the lack of detail in the Firelord's fall, the first one, how he went bad.

Overall a great series though.
    This invitation is open to other bum chatters also
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Run kicked my ass tonight, btw. But I finished the fucker.

Oddly enough I feel like Friday will be easier, because there won't be the awkward break in between miles.

idk

we'll see

i am prepared to vom
    Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    How do i use a dumbbell?

Do i justgrab it and bend my arm or something?

chat your bum
    Ooh, The Brothers Grimm is on.

I like that movie.
    How do i use a dumbbell?

you are adorable
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

The Legend of Korra.

Wow, really? Consensus is that the two hour Sozin's Comet finale was awesome and wrapped up the series extremely well.
    the giant turtle island thing was this huge deus ex machina that had no explanation, no connection to anything else, and was the absolute key to his non-lethal victory over the Firelord.

It was hugely disappointing. Also I thought that his avatar state was locked out for good when he chose material attachment, and then I was REALLY hoping the lightning death while in the avatar state locked it out, but nope

He just went into god mode and won easily and magically had the ability to spiritbend for no reason

I was also disappointed in the lack of detail in the Firelord's fall, the first one, how he went bad.

Overall a great series though.
    Cool thing is that a lot of that stuff comes back in Korra's series. It might have seemed out of the blue, but it is sort of justified after the fast.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

hmm?

so i was in the car with my racist uncle for a while and we were talking about our contrasting lifestyle ideas. he is all about finding one or two things he likes and sticking with them: a favorite restaurant, a favorite dish he always orders, etc. and i am telling him well on the one hand it's nice to have the stuff you like but i think i much prefer ordering new stuff, trying new restaurants, etc. you always get something new and sort of novel.

and this conversation drifts into where we'd like to live- he wants to live in the country, lots of land, 'openness', no 'annoying neighbors', infinite parking, etc. and i'm all about population density, low maintenance apartment or condo downtown (or <20 mins from downtown), dozens of baller restaurants and bars and stuff within 10 minutes.

and finally he is like 'i want to find somewhere comfortable; why change that, why screw it up?'

and i was like 'that would probably bore me. i want to try life in every corner of the world.'

and then i was like

NOOOOO I'M SKIPPPPPPPY

and i clawed out my good eye
    How do i use a dumbbell?

you are adorable

That's not helping! :O

hmm?

so i was in the car with my racist uncle for a while and we were talking about our contrasting lifestyle ideas. he is all about finding one or two things he likes and sticking with them: a favorite restaurant, a favorite dish he always orders, etc. and i am telling him well on the one hand it's nice to have the stuff you like but i think i much prefer ordering new stuff, trying new restaurants, etc. you always get something new and sort of novel.

and this conversation drifts into where we'd like to live- he wants to live in the country, lots of land, 'openness', no 'annoying neighbors', infinite parking, etc. and i'm all about population density, low maintenance apartment or condo downtown (or <20 mins from downtown), dozens of baller restaurants and bars and stuff within 10 minutes.

and finally he is like 'i want to find somewhere comfortable; why change that, why screw it up?'

and i was like 'that would probably bore me. i want to try life in every corner of the world.'

and then i was like

NOOOOO I'M SKIPPPPPPPY

most of the corners of the world are pretty terrible

even if you leave out the ones in antarctica or at the bottom of the ocean
    Per3th.jpg
    I would like to live in the same good place for a long time with a good group of friends and acquaintances and have the entire tectonic plate rotate around me to expose me to new and exciting experiences without requiring plane tickets or effort.
    and don't even get me started on the universe
    Per3th.jpg
    elendil i will lose weight and get plastic surgery and get beautiful

then life will be amazing
    How do i use a dumbbell?

you are adorable

Look up dumbbell exercises on YouTube.

It's actually a fantastic resource for that stuff.

Also look up full workout routines by googling

Many options will present themselves
    elendil i will lose weight and get plastic surgery and get beautiful

then life will be amazing

XjeCQHA.gif

hmm?

and then i was like

NOOOOO I'M SKIPPPPPPPY

kill yourself

there is no happiness on this path

hmm?

and then i was like

NOOOOO I'M SKIPPPPPPPY

kill yourself

there is no happiness on this path

oh god

*weep*
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I would like to live in the same good place for a long time with a good group of friends and acquaintances and have the entire tectonic plate rotate around me to expose me to new and exciting experiences without requiring plane tickets or effort.

If the earth could just frequently rearrange itself without horrifying earthquakes it would be so good. Hmm, I think I want to go see London, I'll just wait a week and it'll be a two hour flight instead of 23.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Being Skippy is a terminal condition

chat your bum
    Is this a proposition
    How do i use a dumbbell?

you are adorable

Look up dumbbell exercises on YouTube.

It's actually a fantastic resource for that stuff.

Also look up full workout routines by googling

Many options will present themselves

But that sounds haaaard.

Can't you just do all that work for me?
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Being Skippy is a terminal condition

its horrible

run bitch, run for your life
    though it would be pretty great if i could just like, get a spacious apartment in a metropolitan city (like nyc or london) and put it on airbnb. "only looking for international travelers. you can crash for free, just take me out with you and your friends to eat your kind of food, drink your kind of drink, tell me about where you come from etc"

this sounds amazing
    girl if i could rearrange the earth i would put you and me together

but i can't, so i'll just stand over here and ogle you when you're not looking
    Per3th.jpg
    One day you wake up with a beautiful wife, a beautiful baby boy and a wanderlust that cannot be sated...

All you can remember is being bitten by another man, and the truth is... you are now a were-skippy... Forever cursed...
    chu just pick a single kind of chinese noodle and eat it every friday night forever

the other way lies madness
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    How the fuck does Shyamalan keep on getting work?

After Earth sounds so goddamn stupid.
This discussion has been closed.