Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• ZayZay FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan Please, just call me York.Registered User regular
    you've never been in a chat with the neal or the crawford, huh
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I tried DOTA the other day.

It seemed...fine?

Like, it's not my kind of game, but it was fun for what it was.

I'm not really sure where the hate comes from.

People get irritated when they have to hear about a thing they don't care about constantly.

It's the same reason some people get really irritated by persona talk

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular

It seemed...fine?

People get irritated when they have to hear about a thing they don't care about constantly.

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"

haha at you thinking that post was any better
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    I really like watching Dotes

League is fun to spectate too but dotes feels a little more chaotic
    2wrn580.png
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    I personally don't care if Brad wants to do a daily DOTA feature

Because it will end, eventually. He will miss out on too many other games if he's gonna be devoting that much time to DOTA. He won't hold out.

It seemed...fine?

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"

Nah, you're being way goosier in this particular instance

I'm sorry I used a word choice you don't care for, but the point remains the same, the podcast has been oversaturated by dotatalk and that irritates some people. Then I was quoted in a shitty post that dismissed the point because I chose words that were slightly too strong.
    LIVE UNBOXING VIDEOS
    2wrn580.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    My computer will explode if I'm not watching a DOTA video every day at 6pm sharp
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    the only reason a Daily DOTA would bother me is if it ties up the production crew from doing other things. If he can just handle it himself like Bombasticas and Jar Times, I won't care.
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    I am very glad that I like all the Giant Bombardiers equally.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    the only reason a Daily DOTA would bother me is if it ties up the production crew from doing other things. If he can just handle it himself like Bombasticas and Jar Times, I won't care.

Pretty sure it's just him streaming a skype call / his game
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    This is Brad's masterstroke, now he's literally getting paid to play DOTA.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

It seemed...fine?

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"

Nah.

Persona only comes up in the thread here and there and talk about it only lasts a little while whenever it does(and is usually extended by people complaining about it). Persona talk rarely comes up in GB content at all.

DOTA seems to only come up here when people want to complain about it, and has only been coming up in GB content for a little while. And a decent chunk of that content is easily-skipped videos. Bombcast talk is no different than Bombcast talk about any game. Lots of games get discussed several weeks in a row and no one bitches that, say, Tomb Raider comes up a bunch of times.

Neither of these things are "constantly" talked about and no one here is being held down and forced to participate in every topic of discussion and watch every piece of GB content. It's just people being over dramatic about something they don't care about. It's silly.

It amazes me that some people insist on grumbling about topics that don't interest them instead of just making posts about things they do want to talk about
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

It seemed...fine?

It's a weird thing, for me. I try to play a lot of stuff, just to have an informed opinion. I played a MOBA at some point, didn't really dig it.

Fast forward to All Brad DOTA All The Time and don't get me wrong, I actually have no problem with him talking about it on the podcast because of the others ribbing him for it.

I just find it an EXCEEDINGLY boring game to watch and hear eSporting about. So a DOTA feed of him and some others playing a game while having gameplaying talk about is a thing I will never click on again. It has none of the charm and verve that I come to Giant Bomb for, it's just a fucking feed of a game.

Nah, I'm good.
    steam_sig.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular

It seemed...fine?

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"

you're right this post you made is those things
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    Bioforge coming up.
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Listening to the Bombcast as I read this. One second after I read this post:

Vinny: "Brad, do you work for Valve?"
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    serious business

It seemed...fine?

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"

Nah.

Persona only comes up in the thread here and there and talk about it only lasts a little while whenever it does(and is usually extended by people complaining about it). Persona talk rarely comes up in GB content at all.

DOTA seems to only come up here when people want to complain about it, and has only been coming up in GB content for a little while. And a decent chunk of that content is easily-skipped videos. Bombcast talk is no different than Bombcast talk about any game. Lots of games get discussed several weeks in a row and no one bitches that, say, Tomb Raider comes up a bunch of times.

Neither of these things are "constantly" talked about and no one here is being held down and forced to participate in every topic of discussion and watch every piece of GB content. It's just people being over dramatic about something they don't care about. It's silly.

It amazes me that some people insist on grumbling about topics that don't interest them instead of just making posts about things they do want to talk about

I wasn't even complaining. I was attempting to explain why some people get irritated by dota/dotatalk.

You both misrepresented my post AND dismissed the point based on the language used. Clearly I didn't mean people were literally being forced to listen to it. But it does take up time that could be spent on other things. I don't give a crap either way, but I do think its kind of not cool to attack people for attempting to explain the general feeling on something, and then pinning that opinion to that person for no reason.
    captaink wrote: »

And he doesn't even have to be good at it to make that sweet esports cash!
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    He knows Jeff won't fire him, and he refuses to play anything else.

Guess we'll have a Dota feature?
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    oh my god brad please play meepo
    2wrn580.png
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    someone else got it :(
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Brad has Animal Crossing?!

And he's playing this augggghhh
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

literally just said this to Hullis
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Brads seriously has a problem
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    DOUBLE NOLAN NORTH
    2wrn580.png

It seemed...fine?

"constantly"

"have to"

"condescending"

"waste of a post"

Nah.

I wasn't even complaining. I was attempting to explain why some people get irritated by dota/dotatalk.

You both misrepresented my post AND dismissed the point based on the language used. Clearly I didn't mean people were literally being forced to listen to it. But it does take up time that could be spent on other things. I don't give a crap either way, but I do think its kind of not cool to attack people for attempting to explain the general feeling on something, and then pinning that opinion to that person for no reason.

Don't blame me for reading your post the way you posted it. If the problem is the language you used, that's on you.

And that wasn't an attack, it was pointing out said language. Because your post as-is, based on that, was making a bad point IMO.

I also never actually assigned that opinion to you. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

As for people not liking DOTA talk taking up time, see the Tomb Raider example above. It's not uncommon for a game to get discussion several Bombcasts in a row. But rarely do they get the kind of backlash that DOTA seems to.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    There other thing is that there are almost no games coming out right now. Just wait. There will be several weeks worth of xbox discussion shortly.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    how dare people produce content I'm not interested in!!!
    *burns down riot games HQ*
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

well in this case I think it's a matter of the lesser of two evils
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    some dude is sorta-kinda ignoring his "job" which involves playing videogames to play a videogame he likes more

DRAMA
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

what
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Let's combine them.

Nintendota
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I assume Animal Crossing is still embargoed.

I've never played an Animal Crossing. I am tempted with this new one, another new game for my new 3DS.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679