Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• override367override367 Registered User regular
    so is it true that in neverwinter you can just set up a bot to click a button and get 10,000 diamonds per hour?

well gee this isn't going to cause problems
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Gosling wrote: »
    Hyperbole and a Half updated.

Prepare for feels.

um how bad is it that I can relate to all of this real well.

On one level it's unfortunate, as it means you had to grapple with this as well.

On another level it's fine, as it shows that you're not the only one who grappled with it, and there are people who actually understand what you're experiencing.

The other consideration is that some of this may just be a universal problem.

To be clear, I can relate to a lot of it as well, but I think really only a qualified professional can tell you whether or not you have Depression.

That's essentially what i'm curious about. Just how universal is that mess? I'm just barely out of the aptly described
    When I say that deciding to not kill myself was the worst part, I should clarify that I don't mean it in a retrospective sense. From where I am now, it seems like a solid enough decision. But at the time, it felt like I had been dragging myself through the most miserable, endless wasteland, and — far in the distance — I had seen the promising glimmer of a slightly less miserable wasteland. And for just a moment, I thought maybe I'd be able to stop and rest. But as soon as I arrived at the border of the less miserable wasteland, I found out that I'd have to turn around and walk back the other way.

phase. so idk. it is nice to see that i'm not singularly weird.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Neverwinter undead cannot be good aughhhh

:(:(

This is a very Republican opinion, Spool

Why thank you!

Wait...
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Are those pumps for trucks faster than the usual ones? It would take forever to pump 150 gallons using a regular pump.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Depression is the single most frequent illness in first world countries or something.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    help i can't stop bleeding

maybe you need stitches. It will stop the bleeding and be like your first time the next time you have sex
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    help i can't stop bleeding

All according to plan

Translator's Note: Plan means keikaku
    21stCentury on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i do not experience depresshun like that comic lady though. i am very capable of feelings

i just go through prolonged, unexplainable periods absent joy and being sad and hopeless.

i feel sadness definitely!

There's a part one to her story, where she felt sad so much she just became numb to it.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Organichu

I went through my collection and netflix queues and here is what I came up with in the general realm of serious recent-ish movies with action and thriller/espionage/crime/suspense elements:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    Collateral
    Miami Vice
    Spartan
    Eastern Promises
    A History of Violence

Spy Game
    The Town
    Michael Clayton

Monument Avenue
    Dirty Pretty Things
    Croupier
    Layer Cake
    Sexy Beast

and this one is from out in left field but I saw it on my shelf and was like HOLY SHIT I HOPE CHU HAS SEEN THIS

Master and Commander

i bolded the things i've seen

hmmm

so

spy game
    monument avenue
    dirty pretty things
    croupier
    layer cake
    sexy beast

*taps chin*

layer cake was pretty good

sexy beast was pretty good too

dirty pretty things was okay

spy game felt pretty by-the-numbers to me

i've not seen the other two
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Prepare for feels.

um how bad is it that I can relate to all of this real well.

On one level it's unfortunate, as it means you had to grapple with this as well.

On another level it's fine, as it shows that you're not the only one who grappled with it, and there are people who actually understand what you're experiencing.

The other consideration is that some of this may just be a universal problem.

To be clear, I can relate to a lot of it as well, but I think really only a qualified professional can tell you whether or not you have Depression.

That's essentially what i'm curious about. Just how universal is that mess? I'm just barely out of the aptly described
    When I say that deciding to not kill myself was the worst part, I should clarify that I don't mean it in a retrospective sense. From where I am now, it seems like a solid enough decision. But at the time, it felt like I had been dragging myself through the most miserable, endless wasteland, and — far in the distance — I had seen the promising glimmer of a slightly less miserable wasteland. And for just a moment, I thought maybe I'd be able to stop and rest. But as soon as I arrived at the border of the less miserable wasteland, I found out that I'd have to turn around and walk back the other way.

phase. so idk. it is nice to see that i'm not singularly weird.

I think that, for a lot of conditions, there are different ways to go through it, but a lot of people go down each path, or similar ones.

So some people might get some sadness depression or whatever. And some people get the dull, dead depression. But either way, there are tons of people going through that exact thing, or something so close that each one can get each other.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Waiting for NeverWinter to add in the undead player race from 4E.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    While it's true that there does happen to be a higher rate of brain eating among Neverwinter zombies than the general population, perhaps that's because of generations of anti-zombie bias? What we need to do is educate people about zombie equality to deal with the long term, while creating zomfirmative action to help raise their status in the short term. They've been brain eaters for centuries, we can't expect them to lift themselves out of it overnight.
    Solomaxwell6 on
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    AH

what it do

Boats and Hos man, Boats and Hos

I ... You've got it figured out.

Carry on, my good man.
    edited May 2013
    My history final is to write an essay, we can write it beforehand but we have to recall it from memory on test day. There's a lot of subjects tto pick from and one is to write about whether slavery was actually an economic good for the south or not, long term, disregarding the morality of it.

I plan to write a paper about how it was not, and that thinking is based on the old ideas of finite wealth under mercantilism. Does this sound like a good or bad approach to take, or should I write about how slavery was awesome
    override367 on
    I like how the Neverwinter servers apparently are down for the only time I can play today.

Oh hi Shiv fuck you, we'll be back and all your friends can play while you get electrolysis.

This "emergency maintenance" is obviously just to get at me, personally.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I watched a TEDTalk once about mental illness. Currently 1 in 4 first world adults has one. And that number is expected to rise continually because the way we live our lives now is not what our brains were programmed to deal with. The constant stress, uncertainty, etc. which we spend so much of our time thinking about every day is driving us all crazy.

Thanks Obama?
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    The Great Gatsby comes out tomorrow, with showings tonight. I want to see it, but the reviews are pretty weak. Hmm.

I'm going to try to finish rereading it before tomorrow, so I can adequately complain about the adaptation.

Though to be fair I'm finding that the book isn't as engaging as I remember it being. And what's the deal with the narrator being bisexual but barely even acknowledging it, except for one scene where it's super-apparent?

they didn't have bisexuality in the gilded age

it was invented by gen y
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    And for your Thursday morning dose of D: I just took this after filling my tanks. We fuel up every day.
    imagepjw.jpg

somebody has a large tank on their... what?
    xlh6c3.png
    I watched a TEDTalk once about mental illness. Currently 1 in 4 first world adults has one. And that number is expected to rise continually because the way we live our lives now is not what our brains were programmed to deal with. The constant stress, uncertainty, etc. which we spend so much of our time thinking about every day is driving us all crazy.

Thanks Obama?

How did they define mental illness?

I am curious for judging myself's sake.
    While it's true that there does happen to be a higher rate of brain eating among Neverwinter zombies than the general population, perhaps that's because of generations of anti-zombie bias? What we need to do is educate people about zombie equality to deal with the long term, while creating zomfirmative action to help raise their status in the short term. They've been brain eaters for centuries, we can't expect them to lift themselves out of it overnight.

they need a brain income tax, this tax free approach with no brain safety net is leaving the zombies forced to commit crimes

simple tax the citizens 5% of their brain matter and feed it to zombies
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

Prepare for feels.

DEPRESSIONTWO60alt4.png

Always fun when this happens when I'm in public.
    i used to get depression. i don't so much any more

mostly i think that i just aged out of it

also i take a low dose of trazidone every night to sleep, and that might have an effect too
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I like how the Neverwinter servers apparently are down for the only time I can play today.

Oh hi Shiv fuck you, we'll be back and all your friends can play while you get electrolysis.

We're being stubbly and getting purps erryday

No dungeons for you
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Zomfirmative Action made me RL lol :)
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    I like when I click on a notification box it opens another box that says 'true'.

True Dat notification box. True Dat.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Stretch goals for my Kickstarter*!

- OSX support
    - Linux support
    - No DRM!
    - Background Books!
    - Explosive Ordinance Disposal
    - We make the soundtrack longer

*I am not organising a Kickstarter

Thanks Obama?

How did they define mental illness?

I am curious for judging myself's sake.

I dunt remember! I think it was this one though. http://www.ted.com/talks/ruby_wax_what_s_so_funny_about_mental_illness.html

It was a talk given by a comedian with depression though so she's not a sciencey expert on the subject.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    I've heard multiple times that crying because you don't know why you're crying is a super common cycle for trans women. That's more to do with estrogen doing... weird stuff to you though.
    desc wrote: »

We're being stubbly and getting purps erryday

No dungeons for you

: (
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    though i dunno, maybe i don't have depresshuns because when my life gets better i get happier. when i discover i'm closer to a goal i am happier, having sex is rad as is spending time with sexy ladies, a good meal with friends is memorable, i look forward to things

but just in terms of my sadness and despair, on a 'normal' day without anything especially good or bad happening i can't begin to trace why i feel so overcome by dread and anxiety and hopelessness
    my mom was calling me a fat ass and then apologized and said "I didn't mean to make fun of you for being overweight, I just meant you're really lazy"

thanks that's, uh, much better
    spool32 wrote: »
    Neverwinter undead cannot be good aughhhh

:(:(

zombies and skeletons have no agency so no

a lich, though? Why not?

(the answer is because the morality is super dumb)
    xlh6c3.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I am glad that in spite of all the problems I have in my life right now, I don't feel dead inside anymore.
    though i dunno, maybe i don't have depresshuns because when my life gets better i get happier. when i discover i'm closer to a goal i am happier, having sex is rad as is spending time with sexy ladies, a good meal with friends is memorable, i look forward to things

but just in terms of my sadness and despair, on a 'normal' day without anything especially good or bad happening i can't begin to trace why i feel so overcome by dread and anxiety and hopelessness

Maybe you just have an anxiety disorder? Based on what I've read about how stress affects you it seems pretty definite.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Why does therapy and shit cost so much moneyyy
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    My one regret about playing WoW was not leaving the SE++ guild sooner.
    edited May 2013
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Are those pumps for trucks faster than the usual ones? It would take forever to pump 150 gallons using a regular pump.

only ever so slightly faster. So it takes ever so slightly less than forever.

I've been in line behind four tanks each needing 306 us gallons.

which was fun and a half.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    My history final is to write an essay, we can write it beforehand but we have to recall it from memory on test day. There's a lot of subjects tto pick from and one is to write about whether slavery was actually an economic good for the south or not, long term, disregarding the morality of it.

I plan to write a paper about how it was not, and that thinking is based on the old ideas of finite wealth under mercantilism. Does this sound like a good or bad approach to take, or should I write about how slavery was awesome

I think you can make a solid argument, i mean just using history by itself you can show how the south basing its entire industry around slave labor was crippled when slavery was taken away.
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

I'm not a psych person, but there are tons of other disorders that can have effects like that.

Like I've got so many anxiety issues going on. So on a normal day with nothing happening at all, I will spend all my time dreading the next day, hyperanxious about the future, hopeless about gender, etc.

Like you could say those are causes of the anxiety, hopelessness, and dread, but I don't think that's accurate. I think I just have a predisposition to feeling those things, and they will latch onto whatever they can, which at the moment is gender mostly. It used to be getting into school. Once I'm feeling less about gender it'll be exams or something. If there's nothing, I think I'd still feel them for a while.
This discussion has been closed.