Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    What are some good inspirational songs?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE
    jBEKRTH.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    AH

what it do
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Hyperbole and a Half updated.

Prepare for feels.

um how bad is it that I can relate to all of this real well.

This seems to be a recurring theme today.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    What are some good inspirational songs?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gNhN6lT-y5U

how did i know it would be hammer smashed face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iv3HqRJP3w

but either way Jim Carrey agrees
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Speaking of screen adaptations of books:

Salman Rushdie's "Midnight's Children" is being turned into a movie. Finally, a presumably good story comes to a medium I can consume!

Why can you not consume it as a book?
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    A WHALE CAN'T HELP YOU NAVIGATE IN SPACE

In the 80's, whales could do anything.

I hereby hypothesize that Free Willy was a delayed project.
    The Great Gatsby comes out tomorrow, with showings tonight. I want to see it, but the reviews are pretty weak. Hmm.

I'm going to try to finish rereading it before tomorrow, so I can adequately complain about the adaptation.

Though to be fair I'm finding that the book isn't as engaging as I remember it being. And what's the deal with the narrator being bisexual but barely even acknowledging it, except for one scene where it's super-apparent?

because those were the times
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Prepare for feels.

On one level it's unfortunate, as it means you had to grapple with this as well.

On another level it's fine, as it shows that you're not the only one who grappled with it, and there are people who actually understand what you're experiencing.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Salman Rushdie's "Midnight's Children" is being turned into a movie. Finally, a presumably good story comes to a medium I can consume!

Because I'm illiterate, you insensitive jerk!

No but really I just have a very hard time getting myself to sit down and focus on a book. Like it is physically difficult; my mind will wander after every sentence, or get hung up on a word or something. For school, I sometimes have to read paragraphs over two or three times to fully get the meaning.

Naturally, I blame <PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM>.
    network_sig2.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    If nothing else, Winky, give the player subtle hints about the essential nature of the undead and let the player hedge against their inevitable turn to the sake side even while helping them (as a substantial sacrifice - which usually means giving up items or experience points)

Like giving a nearby town a bunch of the powerful loot you found so they would have a fighting chance if the undead do attack
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    And for your Thursday morning dose of D: I just took this after filling my tanks. We fuel up every day.
    imagepjw.jpg

you spend my monthly pay every two days on gas

One of these days I'm going to get around to making a thread that explores all the delightful horrors of the bizzaro world trucking industry (like why Walmart is considered one of the best employers or how US trucks are more fuel efficient than European ones).

It will be called, "Mine's bigger than yours."
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    So I heard Will was being terrible at programming Geth and/or Geth was being terrible at understanding natural language.

Let's just call it both and spread the hate around
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

No but really I just have a very hard time getting myself to sit down and focus on a book. Like it is physically difficult; my mind will wander after every sentence, or get hung up on a word or something. For school, I sometimes have to read paragraphs over two or three times to fully get the meaning.

serious question: have you tried reading on a kindle instead of in book form? One of my kids cannot make himself read books but the kindle works great for him.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    And for your Thursday morning dose of D: I just took this after filling my tanks. We fuel up every day.
    imagepjw.jpg

One of these days I'm going to get around to making a thread that explores all the delightful horrors of the bizzaro world trucking industry (like why Walmart is considered one of the best employers or how US trucks are more fuel efficient than European ones).

I think I would enjoy this thread.

Prepare for feels.

On one level it's unfortunate, as it means you had to grapple with this as well.

On another level it's fine, as it shows that you're not the only one who grappled with it, and there are people who actually understand what you're experiencing.

The other consideration is that some of this may just be a universal problem.

To be clear, I can relate to a lot of it as well, but I think really only a qualified professional can tell you whether or not you have Depression.
    network_sig2.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    AH

what it do

Boats and Hos man, Boats and Hos

Here's what I do...
    The Vac - My Science Fiction Epic
    Fortune Pancakes - My Gag-A-Day Comic
    Houn wrote: »

Prepare for feels.

This seems to be a recurring theme today.

i've never been clinically diagnosed with the depression. I do see a therapy guy who says I probably have the depression though but we've never really tried to figure out how long it's been an issue.

but i never went back as far as the day I could no longer have imaginative fun with my toys. that is some stuff.
    Funny, it seems that Geth has no problem understanding ME.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm so glad Daft Punk is above Rocky there.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Prepare for feels.

Wow. Leave it to HaaH to explain the effects of depression to me in a way that makes more sense than anything I've read or been told. Yikes.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • amateurhouramateurhour Registered User regular
    So this is my garage now...

gheenoe_toys.jpg

I'm catching ALL the fish this summer
    Here's what I do...
    The Vac - My Science Fiction Epic
    Fortune Pancakes - My Gag-A-Day Comic
    imagepjw.jpg

I woudl be interested in that... I spent 4 years ('01 - '05)installing wireless gear for Thermo King dataloggers and truck engines.

serious question: have you tried reading on a kindle instead of in book form? One of my kids cannot make himself read books but the kindle works great for him.

I own a Kindle, and it seems to work about as well.
    network_sig2.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Funny, it seems that Geth has no problem understanding ME.

Well, you'd need to be a fucking robot to understand Windows ME...
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Also consider having the undead split into factions, where one gives in to their urges and the other one shows you that you were at least partially right to trust them and believe they can be good

And reward the players for sticking to that conviction and trusting the small good faction when it really counts
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    What the hell did the humpbacks in Star Trek IV say to the probe at the end anyway because I woulda been all 'these fucking ugly ass humans wiped out our kind and then had the nerve to kidnap us and bring us in a shoddy ass ship around the fucking sun to save their asses. Get them!'
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Update from the grill!

Things I'm not gonna do: Read that Hyperbole and a Half. Sounds like a bad time!
    I stopped reading books a while ago for the most part. I've read 1 book in the past ~4 years.

I never even read the last 1 or 2 Discworld books.

Books give me Anxiety attacks now. Fuck, I have anxiety about starting a game up. I think fun literally scares me.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    My boss just ordered like 3 IP cameras ugh this is going to suck. No let's not tie into our DVR. Newp.
    Neverwinter undead cannot be good aughhhh

:(:(
    Man my neckbeard is really showing right now.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i do not experience depresshun like that comic lady though. i am very capable of feelings

i just go through prolonged, unexplainable periods absent joy and being sad and hopeless.

i feel sadness definitely!
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I own a Kindle, and it seems to work about as well.

I've found listening to audiobooks on the commute to work has made me want to read more.

I've come in from the car and walked over to the bookshelf and picked up from where I was a couple times.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Hamurabi is illiterate.

He mashes random keys, it's just pure luck everything he's posted so far has been intelligible.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

This is a very Republican opinion, Spool
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    What holds 150 gallons of gas. And do you have your own pumps or do you really go to a gas station.
    I think he's a 18-wheel truck driver.

This. It actually holds 200 gallons of diesel. We fuel at truck stops, usually Pilot/FlyingJ, Loves or Petro/TA. They have separate pumps for big trucks, RVs and anything else liable to have a tank on either side.

@Sarksus
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

Mostly, make me feel good about myself.

So far, i have

-You're the best around
    -Eye of the Tiger
    -Push it to the Limit
    -Don't stop believin'
    -i'll make a man out of you
    -Harder better faster stronger
    -Rocky Training Montage Song
    -South Park Montage Song
    -No Easy Way Out
    -Danger Zone
  • P10P10 Registered User regular

Of course not. It's D&D, where entire races are evil so you don't have to feel bad about butchering sentient beings for loot/XP.
This discussion has been closed.