Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BREAKING NEWS FROM CNN:
    "Kidnapper suspect not a nice guy."

Thanks CNN, I feel better knowing you're on the case. :p
    Caveman Paws on
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    someone should just give CNN some crayons or something to play with
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    help

the bleeding is getting worse

soon i will have to find a sheep

Quick bring your vag to America we will build a Hoover vag dam and it will bring the nation out of recession.

r u kidding me my vagina is a natural resource if a disaster ever hits toronto they're just going to hook me up to a funnel and a hose

Biden is going to offer you citizenship. Stop sucking my countries resources dry America!
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Thank you for being nice, friends. When I get one of dem dere programming jobs, I'll buy drinks for the best looking among you.

I just got out of a meeting attended by a dude that looked like 50% like me and 50% like you.

He was not an attractive specimen.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I know I missed the rest of Depression [chat] while I was in the showa, but I was reminded of this as a prime (and hilarious) example of how "cheer up! You've got so much to live for!" TOTALLY HELPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbB8aPD1UU
    Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    on the real tip i'm kind of curious where my recent batch of mistakes from mental derps will lead me.

it'll be interesting to compare and contrast things.

but i do gotta get health/dental in a year somehow or i'm in a whole lot of shiiiit.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Thank you for being nice, friends. When I get one of dem dere programming jobs, I'll buy drinks for the best looking among you.

I just got out of a meeting attended by a dude that looked like 50% like me and 50% like you.

Haha this was tremendously hurtful.
    Now I'm really interested in therapy, they stuck me in therapy when I was in grade school and I hated and resented it, but I had ADHD I wasn't depressed I just didn't give a shit about school

I think it'd help now though because I can't exactly talk about shit with my friends, but it'd probably cost 50% of my income to see a therapist weekly

maybe University of Wisconsin system has something for students what with the whole student suicides thing
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I just got to a point in TOR where it seems like I need a group or need to grind a bit, neither of which appeals to me.
    Now I'm really interested in therapy, they stuck me in therapy when I was in grade school and I hated and resented it, but I had ADHD I wasn't depressed I just didn't give a shit about school

I think it'd help now though because I can't exactly talk about shit with my friends, but it'd probably cost 50% of my income to see a therapist weekly

maybe University of Wisconsin system has something for students what with the whole student suicides thing

http://www.uhs.wisc.edu/services/counseling/ ?
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

No Chu.

He would've been fine if he'd been 100% like you.

But he took all your best facial features plus all of Deeb's Terribility, and the final product was therefore compromised and repulsive.

You've got a real modern-day Clark Gable look going, man.
    network_sig2.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

Most schools have mental health services through the health center. It will be cheaper and usually it is more a consular thing than a therapist but I know they can help. A few of my friends use to use it.
    falasig.png
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

how many arms did he have
    919UOwT.png
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular

Most decent-sized colleges have therapists available through student health. It should be covered by your fees if you have a health fee.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah all the good shit's in Madison, if only there was a convenient way to get there THANK YOU SCOTT WALKER FOR CANCELING THE HIGH SPEED RAIL

by all logic I should get medicaid but when I called and asked she said "are you male?" and I said "yes" and she said "you don't qualify"

it was really strange

edit: also asked if I was disabled or elderly
    override367 on
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    Yeah all the good shit's in Madison, if only there was a convenient way to get there THANK YOU SCOTT WALKER FOR CANCELING THE HIGH SPEED RAIL
    I'd be surprised if the satellite campuses don't have the same thing on a smaller scale.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I appear to be underleved in Neverwinter, but I don't want to grind.
    Couscous wrote: »
    I appear to be underleved in Neverwinter, but I don't want to grind.

Run the foundry for a bit. That way you are questing and playing stories and not grinding.
    falasig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    The wall between male and female changing rooms is translucent and diffuse so you get vague impressions of sexy ladies while you towel off
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The wall between male and female changing rooms is translucent and diffuse so you get vague impressions of sexy ladies while you towel off

Your av makes this seem creepier than it is.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    you shouldn't have to grind in neverwinter ever
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Is this really the time and place where you want to get vague impressions of sexy ladies? When you're naked with a bunch of dudes?
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

This man somehow combined our cumulative worst features into one giant fleshy container of fail.
    It was depressing.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

by all logic I should get medicaid but when I called and asked she said "are you male?" and I said "yes" and she said "you don't qualify"

it was really strange

i'd uh, i'd call back
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Yay! I made a spreadsheet containing all my cards.

i am a step closer to getting my card game prototype playable online.
    edited May 2013

it was really strange

i'd uh, i'd call back

Wisconsin has a law that men must pay child birth costs and if they can't they go to jail

It's a state that is really fucking weird with gender issues
    override367 on

it was really strange

no no no

you misheard her

she said

"are you Dale?"

Dale isn't allowed to get medicaid
    919UOwT.png
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    also i when met with a bro the other day the reason it was super depressing was
    He described himself as being "near suicidal" at an earlier point in the semester and I felt like I had failed him as a friend because we had barely talked at all. I knew he was bummed because of the shitty things that happened to him but I didn't reach out to him at the time and in retrospect I should have
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Good news everyone. Turns out all those people claiming to have called the police about the Castro house with the kidnapped women were lying out their asses.

http://clevelandmagazine.blogspot.com/2013/05/no-evidence-against-pedro-onil-castro.html?m=1

I mean its good news in the way that it doesn't feel like you could get away with such shit as openly as the stories yesterday seemed to imply.

_J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

it was really strange

i'd uh, i'd call back

At least in Florida, you don't get Medicaid if you're an adult male living on your own with no kids. Florida Medicaid is really just for families, pregnant women, and children.

It's pretty bullshit.
    network_sig2.png

go on...
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    it looks like wisconsin medicaid is strictly for the elderly and disabled?

http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1646
    edited May 2013
    Nah wisconsin medicaid is for young women, elderly, and disabled people only

There is a private/public partnership insurance program thing you can get that is basically just really shitty private insurance

Edit: single women with children, my bad, which thank god for that it should just include MORE poor people
    override367 on
    Gooey wrote: »

it was really strange

no no no

you misheard her

she said

"are you Dale?"

Dale isn't allowed to get medicaid

Dale was kicked off of Texas Medicaid for becoming a financial burden to the state.

tumblr_meakx6ybLW1qmibeho1_1280.jpg
    network_sig2.png
    So Override you need to be at 200% FPL to be eligible. So making under $22,000 annually.
    falasig.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    beginning in 2014, most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid in every state.
    P10 wrote: »
    also i when met with a bro the other day the reason it was super depressing was
    He described himself as being "near suicidal" at an earlier point in the semester and I felt like I had failed him as a friend because we had barely talked at all. I knew he was bummed because of the shitty things that happened to him but I didn't reach out to him at the time and in retrospect I should have

realtalk:
    I don't know the specifics of your relationship but I can almost assuredly tell you that you have not "failed" and that nothing he is going through is your fault. In fact, approaching it like it is may in fact make things worse for your bro.

The past is the past, whatever. The point is you now know there is (was) a real problem and you can be a bro now.

knowing nothing about the situation, it is not your job to be psychic and know how he is feeling at any point in time. people deal with things in different ways. a friend of mine had his father pass away and was perfectly fine. another had a pet die and was grief stricken for weeks.
    919UOwT.png
    beginning in 2014, most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid in every state.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2495-1360690753-4.gif
    network_sig2.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So Override you need to be at 200% FPL to be eligible. So making under $22,000 annually.

You didn't read far enough in
    We will no longer be enrolling new members in the Core Plan because the total number of applications we have received is greater than the number of slots available

It's been like that for years, Medicaid does not exist unless you're a single mom with kids, pregnant, disabled, or elderly in the state of Wisconsin and hasn't since around 2011
This discussion has been closed.