Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Gooey wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    also i when met with a bro the other day the reason it was super depressing was
    He described himself as being "near suicidal" at an earlier point in the semester and I felt like I had failed him as a friend because we had barely talked at all. I knew he was bummed because of the shitty things that happened to him but I didn't reach out to him at the time and in retrospect I should have

realtalk:
    I don't know the specifics of your relationship but I can almost assuredly tell you that you have not "failed" and that nothing he is going through is your fault. In fact, approaching it like it is may in fact make things worse for your bro.

The past is the past, whatever. The point is you now know there is (was) a real problem and you can be a bro now.

knowing nothing about the situation, it is not your job to be psychic and know how he is feeling at any point in time. people deal with things in different ways. a friend of mine had his father pass away and was perfectly fine. another had a pet die and was grief stricken for weeks.
    I understand that I'm not responsible for him and his well-being and that trying to be would be unhealthy.
    Still feel shitty about it tho
    P10 on
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    beginning in 2014, most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid in every state.

Wisconsin is not implementing this, the governor has said the poor can just buy insurance on the exchange instead
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Wait

okay all of this neverwinter talk. I thought you guys were maybe playing the original Neverwinter Nights again as like a hobby or something. Did I miss something?
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    beginning in 2014, most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid in every state.

Not true, this is the medicaid expansion. Thanks to the Supreme Court this should be phrased as, "In many states most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid."

Most Republican states will not have this expansion.
    falasig.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Are those pumps for trucks faster than the usual ones? It would take forever to pump 150 gallons using a regular pump.

Probably run at a higher flow rate, but the big time saver is that you run two pumps simultaneously...unless you are hauling something combustible or explosive.
    @Sarksus
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Wait what did SKFM do that he is in need of freeing?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    Wait

okay all of this neverwinter talk. I thought you guys were maybe playing the original Neverwinter Nights again as like a hobby or something. Did I miss something?

New f2p MMO from Cryptic is called Neverwinter.
    falasig.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Wait

Nah. Those nerds are playing the new F2P Neverwinter Online game.

Nerds.
    network_sig2.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

Welp. Pandora's Box is open.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    some days I really want to punch a lawmaker in the dick.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Wait

there's a new f2p neverwinter mmo by cryptic (sto/champions online people)
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    He described himself as being "near suicidal" at an earlier point in the semester and I felt like I had failed him as a friend because we had barely talked at all. I knew he was bummed because of the shitty things that happened to him but I didn't reach out to him at the time and in retrospect I should have

realtalk:
    I don't know the specifics of your relationship but I can almost assuredly tell you that you have not "failed" and that nothing he is going through is your fault. In fact, approaching it like it is may in fact make things worse for your bro.

The past is the past, whatever. The point is you now know there is (was) a real problem and you can be a bro now.

knowing nothing about the situation, it is not your job to be psychic and know how he is feeling at any point in time. people deal with things in different ways. a friend of mine had his father pass away and was perfectly fine. another had a pet die and was grief stricken for weeks.
    I understand that I'm not responsible for him and his well-being and that trying to be, would be unhealthy.

well of course you feel shitty about it. you are not a sociopath.

my point is "failure" is not something that happened here.
    919UOwT.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Not true, this is the medicaid expansion. Thanks to the Supreme Court this should be phrased as, "In many states most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid."

HOWEVER

I will be able to buy health insurance for ONE MONTH, use it to treat everything, and then cancel my policy, because I'm well below the income requirement for the mandate
    Wait

Yes. A big something
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I need an opinion:

Mercury or Clementine
    Mim wrote: »
    I need an opinion:

Mercury or Clementine

Clem

_J_ wrote:
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

dunno I just copy+paste from one of the .gov sites I was searching
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mim wrote: »
    I need an opinion:

Mercury or Clementine

I would eat clementines over mercury myself.

Mercury is pretty poisonous.
    21stCentury on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so

what you're all telling me is. one of the most fun PC games that I have ever played and wished I could play with other people.

is now a thing from the year two thousand and thirteen that I can actually play with other people.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.

HOWEVER

I will be able to buy health insurance for ONE MONTH, use it to treat everything, and then cancel my policy, because I'm well below the income requirement for the mandate

Actually if you are that low your insurance should be so subsidized it will be basically free so canceling it is a bad idea.

Those subsidies go up to what? 40,000 a year income? @AManFromEarth I am zoned and need to head out here but that is right if I remember correctly.
    falasig.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

HOWEVER

If this actually works you should do it immediately, because in a year you won't be able to afford a month's coverage.
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    edited May 2013

dunno I just copy+paste from one of the .gov sites I was searching

Wisconsin, like other Republican states, is in fact gutting the poor's healthcare even more
    Deebaser wrote: »

HOWEVER

If this actually works you should do it immediately, because in a year you won't be able to afford a month's coverage.

they won't take me on due to preexisting conditions until jan 1, and there's a limit on what insurance can charge based on your income (or you get reimbursed for the extra? its like 10% of your income)

basically the ACA was designed for poor people to be on medicaid, and I don't see how insurance companies will remain solvent without the medicaid expansion

Edit: oh ho I see, I don't see how the exchanges will remain solvent. Standard republican "sabotage healthcare reform for millions to prove that healthcare reform doesn't work" tactic
    override367 on
    so

what you're all telling me is. one of the most fun PC games that I have ever played and wished I could play with other people.

is now a thing from the year two thousand and thirteen that I can actually play with other people.

I guess it is kinda a money pit, I dunno
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

Not to mention I doubt he has the UK equivalent of a Class 3 Federal Firearms license, which would mean he'd be breaking the law hard fucking core
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    so

it's not like nwn/nwn2 at all
    (both of those games could be played with other people)
    As a veteran of the Walking Dead game (shut up there's only one)

You always put clemintine first.
    _J_ wrote:
  • MadpandaMadpanda Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    so

Don't get your hopes up, its very much an action rpg more than a "real" dnd game.

Not saying its not fun, but if your expecting neverwinter nights online your dissapointment pool is about to be full.
    Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So if anyone here is familiar with the Nobunga's Ambition series, I have lost many hours over the past week playing it.
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

I guess.

Also I imagine the whole possession and supply of a firearm with a substantial papertrail was probably not super encouraging either.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    So if anyone here is familiar with the Nobunga's Ambition series, I have lost many hours over the past week playing it.

sounds weabooish
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    huh
    The Affordable Care Act of 2010, signed by President Obama on March 23, 2010, creates a national Medicaid minimum eligibility level of 133% of the federal poverty level ($29,700 for a family of four in 2011) for nearly all Americans under age 65. This Medicaid eligibility expansion goes into effect on January 1, 2014 but states can choose to expand coverage with Federal support anytime before this date

http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Information/By-Topics/Eligibility/Eligibility.html
    In calendar year 2014, when the new eligibility group described at section
    1902(a)(10)(a)(i)(VIII) is mandatory for all States participating in Medicaid, States will receive
    an increased matching rate for certain individuals in this new eligibility group

http://downloads.cms.gov/cmsgov/archived-downloads/SMDL/downloads/SMD10005.PDF

certainly I am not like a health policy scholar but that seems like it'll be required

The NES game?

Yeah that shit was baller everyone else was playing contra or super Mario.

I was conquering Japan.
    _J_ wrote:
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    The sun is shining. +20 degrees. Wonderful day out they're.

Yet the best part of this day is calling my mother and telling her I love her.

Je t'aime, mère
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

sounds weabooish

It is Japanese but no anime. Basically it takes place in feudal Japan and you take control of a fief (territory) and try to conquer all of Japan. Very fun, very deep game.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    so

no. oh god no. So very much no.

The only thing in common with Neverwinter Nights is the name.

Neverwinter is... odd. It has fairly quick, reflex oriented combat for an mmo. Lots of dodging the attacks of mobs and such. The system looks a tiny bit like 4e D&D at first glance but is actually totally different. Engine is very pretty.

And it's monetized by Perfect World in the style of Chinese / Korean MMOs. It is very much an "Optimized for Profit" game. Everything revolves around pressuring the user into spending cash monies. There are multiple overlapping kinds of funbucks and the prices are completely insane. IE: getting a companion with max rank (so they can actually survive at max level) is something like $30. A bag slot is $6 for a small or $10 for a large etc...
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    huh
    The Affordable Care Act of 2010, signed by President Obama on March 23, 2010, creates a national Medicaid minimum eligibility level of 133% of the federal poverty level ($29,700 for a family of four in 2011) for nearly all Americans under age 65. This Medicaid eligibility expansion goes into effect on January 1, 2014 but states can choose to expand coverage with Federal support anytime before this date

http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Information/By-Topics/Eligibility/Eligibility.html
    1902(a)(10)(a)(i)(VIII) is mandatory for all States participating in Medicaid, States will receive
    an increased matching rate for certain individuals in this new eligibility group

certainly I am not like a health policy scholar but that seems like it'll be required

The Medicaid expansion was made optional by the Supreme Court in the same ruling where they upheld the individual mandate.
    huh

No it will not, states can refuse the expansion, it was a rather major supreme court case! They have to turn down billions of dollars of free money from the government, to be divided among cooperating states instead, to do it. But since when did Republicans care about their own states?

would you like to know more?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

realtalk:

I understand that I'm not responsible for him and his well-being and that trying to be would be unhealthy.

All you can do with depressed people is let them know that you will be there for them, and it is up to them to ask for your help.
    a5ehren wrote: »
    huh

The Medicaid expansion was made optional by the Supreme Court in the same ruling where they upheld the individual mandate.

oh I see
This discussion has been closed.