Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• override367override367 Registered User regular
    the federal government is paying 100% of it for years then 90% afterwards and Republican governors are refusing

Gov Walker said "we cant be sure if the federal government is going to remain solvent"

Like, the fuck kind of reasoning is that? If the federal government doesn't remain solvent the state won't remain solvent anyway because we don't pay our bills in Wisconsin Dollars
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    also i when met with a bro the other day the reason it was super depressing was
    He described himself as being "near suicidal" at an earlier point in the semester and I felt like I had failed him as a friend because we had barely talked at all. I knew he was bummed because of the shitty things that happened to him but I didn't reach out to him at the time and in retrospect I should have

realtalk:
    I don't know the specifics of your relationship but I can almost assuredly tell you that you have not "failed" and that nothing he is going through is your fault. In fact, approaching it like it is may in fact make things worse for your bro.

The past is the past, whatever. The point is you now know there is (was) a real problem and you can be a bro now.

knowing nothing about the situation, it is not your job to be psychic and know how he is feeling at any point in time. people deal with things in different ways. a friend of mine had his father pass away and was perfectly fine. another had a pet die and was grief stricken for weeks.
    I understand that I'm not responsible for him and his well-being and that trying to be, would be unhealthy.
    Still feel shitty about it tho

well of course you feel shitty about it. you are not a sociopath.

hey now let's not say things that we can't take back
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

Welp. Pandora's Box is open.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

Not to mention I doubt he has the UK equivalent of a Class 3 Federal Firearms license, which would mean he'd be breaking the law hard fucking core

That too.

Though tabloids spend enough time being prosecuted for stuff that I'd assume they'd make arrangements to cover themselves and any contractor.

But mostly just that the materials and methods that 3d printers use are so variable that you can't determine the mechanical properties of anything you print without a lot more information. And that making those kind of assumptions about something you intend to load live ammunition into is unwise.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    So if anyone here is familiar with the Nobunga's Ambition series, I have lost many hours over the past week playing it.

The NES game?

Yeah that shit was baller everyone else was playing contra or super Mario.

I was conquering Japan.

Yeah I am playing the SNES version. Pity there is no save feature :(.

It was funny because I took over an island consisting of six fiefs and was building an army to start conquering the mainland. The only territory I could attack and thus could attack me was pretty much matching me unit for unit. We had a cold war thing going where we each had like 700 units sitting there but neither I not the CPU wanted to attack because whoever won would be easy pickings for the next guy who was mainland.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm at 2 for clem and 1 for mercury

any more opinions?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Yeah all the good shit's in Madison, if only there was a convenient way to get there THANK YOU SCOTT WALKER FOR CANCELING THE HIGH SPEED RAIL

by all logic I should get medicaid but when I called and asked she said "are you male?" and I said "yes" and she said "you don't qualify"

it was really strange

edit: also asked if I was disabled or elderly

i'd uh, i'd call back

At least in Florida, you don't get Medicaid if you're an adult male living on your own with no kids. Florida Medicaid is really just for families, pregnant women, and children.

It's pretty bullshit.

But it's okay, because Will Weatherford is gonna send us each a 2k check for to purchase insurance.

Oh wait, no, they fucked that up too.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    fun fact: the scene in terminator 2 where the t-1000 has been frozen and shattered, and is melting back together in the steel mill, was created with mercury. if you pay attention to the film it is significantly grainier than everything else (this may have been fixed in remasters). that's because they had to shoot those shots from more of a distance and used big lenses to simulate a close-up shot.
    919UOwT.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    the federal government is paying 100% of it for years then 90% afterwards and Republican governors are refusing

Gov Walker said "we cant be sure if the federal government is going to remain solvent"

Like, the fuck kind of reasoning is that? If the federal government doesn't remain solvent the state won't remain solvent anyway because we don't pay our bills in Wisconsin Dollars

Hey, America's pretty new at this Existing thing. There's just not enough of a credit history to take on this kind of financial burden.

Now, China on the other hand...
    network_sig2.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

any more opinions?

(What is this?)

any more opinions?
    What is this for nail polish or something?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    so i loaded up neverwinter last night (on boot camp - wine emulation was just too much of a pain in the ass to deal with).

i rolled a rogue and ran him through the tutorial. i guess it was all right. i'm thinking about rerolling as a 2h fighter.

is there anything really bad about the 2h fighter?
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so i loaded up neverwinter last night (on boot camp - wine emulation was just too much of a pain in the ass to deal with).

i rolled a rogue and ran him through the tutorial. i guess it was all right. i'm thinking about rerolling as a 2h fighter.

I heard don't roll the great weapon fighter.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    beginning in 2014, most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid in every state.

Not true, this is the medicaid expansion. Thanks to the Supreme Court this should be phrased as, "In many states most adults under age 65 with individual incomes up to about $15,000 per year will qualify for Medicaid."

Most Republican states will not have this expansion.

HOWEVER

I will be able to buy health insurance for ONE MONTH, use it to treat everything, and then cancel my policy, because I'm well below the income requirement for the mandate

Actually if you are that low your insurance should be so subsidized it will be basically free so canceling it is a bad idea.

Those subsidies go up to what? 40,000 a year income? @AManFromEarth I am zoned and need to head out here but that is right if I remember correctly.

@MAzzyx If Wisconsin is anything like Florida you're not getting shit.

Our state house fucked the pig on Medicaid expansion because they didn't want to just do it and spent our entire 60 day legislative session pissing in each others mouths.

There are some federal subsidies, but more likely if you're super poor you're not gonna get anything, fines or insurance.

At least in Florida.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Hey do you folks know if eyeglass stores will just make new lenses and put them in my existing frames. I like my frames enough that spending a lot of money on new ones is a dumb idea and my insurance pays for the exam and lenses.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

people say they are 'hard' to level with or slow early on
    that wasn't my experience and they own later on so . . .
    Cinders wrote: »
    And neverwinter is back up.

Time to hit things with a big sword.
    GWF swagpremacy #bigswordsbigdongs
    P10 on
    Speaking of China!

This happened earlier today: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/economy/298739-credit-raters-wary-of-gop-prioritization-plan

GOP to government workers and military members: Go fuck yourselves.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular

any more opinions?

(What is this?)

It's for a new av/sig.

sailor mercury or clementine from "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"

although I'm pretty sure I did Clem before...
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

Not to mention I doubt he has the UK equivalent of a Class 3 Federal Firearms license, which would mean he'd be breaking the law hard fucking core

That too.

Though tabloids spend enough time being prosecuted for stuff that I'd assume they'd make arrangements to cover themselves and any contractor.

But mostly just that the materials and methods that 3d printers use are so variable that you can't determine the mechanical properties of anything you print without a lot more information. And that making those kind of assumptions about something you intend to load live ammunition into is unwise.

People will try it anyway. There will be wikis, the formula will be perfected across devices and medium. I agree with the analysis that it is cheaper and easier to buy a black market gun in populated areas, but that's still not going to stop suburban kids from blowing their hands off and rural crime rings from having their first steady gun supply ever.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

supposedly if you grind up to max level they are awesome.

But prior to level 10 they are way way behind everyone else. Like you will not only run out of potions but have to spend all your money buying more bad. After 10 they improve up to being merely worse than every other class but able to hold their own when soloing anyway.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    I am sad that some states have shitty Medicaid :(
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so

what you're all telling me is. one of the most fun PC games that I have ever played and wished I could play with other people.

is now a thing from the year two thousand and thirteen that I can actually play with other people.

I guess it is kinda a money pit, I dunno

yeah i am seeing that it's not the top down format and losing interest.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hey do you folks know if eyeglass stores will just make new lenses and put them in my existing frames. I like my frames enough that spending a lot of money on new ones is a dumb idea and my insurance pays for the exam and lenses.

yes but it will take a week or so probably
    919UOwT.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

Maybe but probably not. It'll depend if they still have the blanks for the frame.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

any more opinions?

(What is this?)

It's for a new av/sig.

sailor mercury or clementine from "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"

although I'm pretty sure I did Clem before...

That you did.

So i'll change my vote to Mercury.

Because she was the best.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

I guess.

That's my thought on it. The max pressure .22LR is 24,000 psi. It's a fairly short round so the firing chamber is short, but man I would like to see the materials strength rating for the plastics being used.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

But prior to level 10 they are way way behind everyone else. Like you will not only run out of potions but have to spend all your money buying more bad. After 10 they improve up to being merely worse than every other class but able to hold their own when soloing anyway.
    this is not true at all unless you literally face tank everything. i never ran out of potions on my gwf, never bought any and did most of the content in the game without using any (cleric companion tho)
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so

what you're all telling me is. one of the most fun PC games that I have ever played and wished I could play with other people.

is now a thing from the year two thousand and thirteen that I can actually play with other people.

no. oh god no. So very much no.

The only thing in common with Neverwinter Nights is the name.

Neverwinter is... odd. It has fairly quick, reflex oriented combat for an mmo. Lots of dodging the attacks of mobs and such. The system looks a tiny bit like 4e D&D at first glance but is actually totally different. Engine is very pretty.

And it's monetized by Perfect World in the style of Chinese / Korean MMOs. It is very much an "Optimized for Profit" game. Everything revolves around pressuring the user into spending cash monies. There are multiple overlapping kinds of funbucks and the prices are completely insane. IE: getting a companion with max rank (so they can actually survive at max level) is something like $30. A bag slot is $6 for a small or $10 for a large etc...

annnnd i'm out
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.

Maybe but probably not. It'll depend if they still have the blanks for the frame.

Whaat, they need blanks? They can't just grind them into shape themselves?
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

this is not true at all unless you literally face tank everything. i never ran out of potions on my gwf, never bought any and did most of the content in the game without using any (cleric companion tho)

How the hell do you avoid AOEs, especially early on, with lots of long uninterruptable attacks and no ability to dodge backwards or to the side (only sprint forwards)?
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

Whaat, they need blanks? They can't just grind them into shape themselves?

japan lives in a dystopian country that is a monocle based economy. They can make to order here.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67 GHz

System
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA NVS 3100M
    Total available graphics memory 2234 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1722 MB

could this run league of legends do you think?

okay. maybe i'll try one out?

i seem to get a perverse satisfaction about rolling gimp classes and then trying to make them work for some reason

this sounds like it will fit the bill
    I will call some eyeglass stores up I suppose
    _J_ wrote:
    edited May 2013

How the hell do you avoid AOEs, especially early on, with lots of long uninterruptable attacks and no ability to dodge backwards or to the side (only sprint forwards)?
    you can cancel your attack string (or reaping strike, or the backswing on any of your abilities) by sprinting. you can sprint through enemies. early the most 'difficult' pattern you'll see is minor damage fast melee hit that you can't really dodge (not a big deal), wind up big melee swing that you dodge by sprinting through them to the other side of them, or fire at your feet (easily dodged).

also pretty sure you get restoring strike early which helps with mitigating incoming damage

literally like 95% of the solo content bosses i beat without using potions and with my cleric companion insta-dying because you can dodge everything E-Z
    P10 on
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I am sad that some states have shitty Medicaid :(

Become President and fix this for us, Sarks!
    network_sig2.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    My 40% off dress came in today. It is weird in places. Don't know if I should send it back.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    also if i play the character well-known to be terrible then i have an automatic excuse for why i suck!

it's a lose-lose-win!
This discussion has been closed.