Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

Welp. Pandora's Box is open.

I guess.

Someone let pandora out of his box?

Oh god no
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

That's my thought on it. The max pressure .22LR is 24,000 psi. It's a fairly short round so the firing chamber is short, but man I would like to see the materials strength rating for the plastics being used.

Also, something that hadn't occurred to me: nylon (which some printers use) powder is itself highly combustible.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I guess.

Oh god no

they won't even find your bones
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

I guess.

Oh god no

they'll be in the box with pandora?
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am sad that some states have shitty Medicaid :(

Become President and fix this for us, Sarks!

Not that sad.

I guess.

Oh god no

they'll be in the box with pandora?

It's not worth it, you have a child, your life is already over
    Pick Sailor Mercury Mim or I will be mad about it.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67 GHz

System
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA NVS 3100M
    Total available graphics memory 2234 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1722 MB

could this run league of legends do you think?

Doesn't LoL -- and these other MOBAs -- use what is essentially the WC3 engine?
    network_sig2.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    I am sad that some states have shitty Medicaid :(

Become President and fix this for us, Sarks!

Not that sad.

Well then fuck you I'm voting for Cthulu.

You never stood a chance anyway.
    network_sig2.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

System

Graphics

did you get a new pocket calculator, skippy?
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Man didn't WC3 come out in like '01?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    it says a GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM)) is recommended

how do you find out what equivalent cards are
    Irond Will wrote: »

System

Graphics

To be fair, I bet a calculator could figure out how to make Geth work.
    Hey do you folks know if eyeglass stores will just make new lenses and put them in my existing frames. I like my frames enough that spending a lot of money on new ones is a dumb idea and my insurance pays for the exam and lenses.

Maybe but probably not. It'll depend if they still have the blanks for the frame.

Whaat, they need blanks? They can't just grind them into shape themselves?

japan lives in a dystopian country that is a monocle based economy. They can make to order here.

Never come across this.

Though honestly glasses are so cheap it has never occurred to me to reuse frames.
    Irond Will wrote: »

System

Graphics

no this is my work computer

I wonder if I can lol on it this weekend and stuff until I get a new computer
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Wife's company needs to stop being dumb and just give Mrs. Deebs the go ahead on me coming with her to this resort.
    I WANNA TEXASS
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    947106_10152810209620434_1643190293_n.jpg

hulen's urinal at the moment.

(it says don't use the middle)
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

Yay for shitty state bros! What sucks is Florida has been a shithole for years but Wisconsin wasn't too bad until 2010

Next year it's going to be solid red majorities across the board again here in Wisconsin, with the GOP getting 45% of the vote and the DNC getting 55% of the vote but the GOP still winning because gerrymandering

then they will pat themselves on the back about their mandate and go to town raping and pillaging for another four years
    it says a GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM)) is recommended

how do you find out what equivalent cards are

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304597-33-equivalent-nvidia-geforce-8800
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

That's my thought on it. The max pressure .22LR is 24,000 psi. It's a fairly short round so the firing chamber is short, but man I would like to see the materials strength rating for the plastics being used.

i am mostly shrugging at this

i mean, a guy with cad files of various weapons (already available on the internet) and access to a machine shop can make an illegal gun already

a gun printed on a 3d printer will be probably less durable (and lethal), albiet perhaps a bit more accessable (3d printers are cheaper than machining tools)

the thing that is really interesting to me that no one seems to be talking about is a 3d-printed gun's use in something like, say, armed revolution

with a name like "liberator" i can't help but draw a line between it and the WW2 liberator
    919UOwT.png
    Oh I keep meaning to ask. My wife's new job is going well, but she is helping sort out a massive amount of Data that was sort of hamfistedly shoved into Access. What is a good code academy-esque resource for her to begin teaching herself SQL and/or Oracle?
    If the benchmarks I found on that card are accurate Skippy it would maybe barely play League of Legends. It's a pretty shitty card.
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    I'm debating dipping into my savings (not a whole lot, just like a couple hundred) in order to get a puppy. A female german shepherd puppy.

I'm leaning towards doing it and seeing if I can get it on Sunday. I really want a dog and have almost all the necessary things already for when I do have a dog.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Go rescue a dog from a shelter somewhere
    Work computers are not usually gonna have gaming cards in them, no.
    _J_ wrote:
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Wife's company needs to stop being dumb and just give Mrs. Deebs the go ahead on me coming with her to this resort.
    I WANNA TEXASS

we will sit on a porch at a bar somewhere and fan ourselves, complaining about the heat and getting blasted on cocktails
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I'm debating dipping into my savings (not a whole lot, just like a couple hundred) in order to get a puppy. A female german shepherd puppy.

I'm leaning towards doing it and seeing if I can get it on Sunday. I really want a dog and have almost all the necessary things already for when I do have a dog.
    I am here to advocate 1. adopting 2. not rushing into a puppy
    NO.
    If the benchmarks I found on that card are accurate Skippy it would maybe barely play League of Legends. It's a pretty shitty card.

bleh

I don't know if I want to go through all the trouble then

Crack open the door quietly
    Throw in flashbang
    Sprint to the kennel area
    Choke out dog feeder and steal his keys
    Rescue dog
    _J_ wrote:
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Pick Sailor Mercury Mim or I will be mad about it.

Gurl please.

Throw in flashbang
    Rescue dog

you can't 3D print a flashbang

this plan has a flaw

Throw in flashbang
    Rescue dog

you can't 3D print a flashbang

this plan has a flaw
    Man I live in Vegas you can buy grenades if you know who to talk to.
    _J_ wrote:
    Gooey wrote: »

I guess.

i am mostly shrugging at this

i mean, a guy with cad files of various weapons (already available on the internet) and access to a machine shop can make an illegal gun already

a gun printed on a 3d printer will be probably less durable (and lethal), albiet perhaps a bit more accessable (3d printers are cheaper than machining tools)

the thing that is really interesting to me that no one seems to be talking about is a 3d-printed gun's use in something like, say, armed revolution

with a name like "liberator" i can't help but draw a line between it and the WW2 liberator

3d printers aren't all that much cheaper than machine tools, though strangely it's the popularisation of 3d printers thats brought the price down at the low end.

There are some surprisingly accurate cnc setups available as kits or self build plans that are based off the same electronics as the printers.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    rain boots i ordered are too small

o well

zappos doesnt have the size up in stock

| Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.

lu bu is totes sherman
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Looking good Sailor Mimcury.

:)

Look for a PM in your inbox when I get back from making some ramen!
This discussion has been closed.