Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I'm debating dipping into my savings (not a whole lot, just like a couple hundred) in order to get a puppy. A female german shepherd puppy.

I'm leaning towards doing it and seeing if I can get it on Sunday. I really want a dog and have almost all the necessary things already for when I do have a dog.

we rescued finley from tennessee last year. they have services that ship them up. puppies are a lot of trouble, but we love him. it feels nice that we rescued him from being put down.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

Welp. Pandora's Box is open.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

That's my thought on it. The max pressure .22LR is 24,000 psi. It's a fairly short round so the firing chamber is short, but man I would like to see the materials strength rating for the plastics being used.

It's entirely possible that they're using a specific type of round that operates at an even lower pressure.

I don't think we'll see any hot ammo shot out of a plastic gun anytime soon, and probably nothing bigger than a .22 round ever.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Aw man today's GoT teefury is awesomeeee...

1363641314_left-raven.png
    1363641312_t-MCO-raven.png

IT'S A RAVEN MADE OF SWORDS (also all the house sigils... it's surprisingly detailed).
    Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67 GHz

System
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA NVS 3100M
    Total available graphics memory 2234 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1722 MB

could this run league of legends do you think?

did you get a new pocket calculator, skippy?

To be fair, I bet a calculator could figure out how to make Geth work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P5pmkJzAjo
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.

lu bu is totes sherman

Lu Bu (in the books, and they usually get this across in the games) was a brainless thug with no impulse control. A very, very dangerous thug and a slayer of (hench)men but a terrible leader and totally uncharismatic.

It's interesting that in the books, very much unlike most of the zillion other named characters that get killed, he is not slain or assassinated by a named person. He is swarmed under by a horde of grunts and just mobbed to death.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    947106_10152810209620434_1643190293_n.jpg

hulen's urinal at the moment.

(it says don't use the middle)

Awesome. But I'm just amazed to see the trough again. I haven't seen one of those since the old Atlanta Fulton County baseball stadium was torn down for Turner Field.
    edited May 2013
    Experiment: There may be confidential content in your search results. Please do not share outside Google

Google, what are you doing.

Google.

Google stahp
    Zephiran on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    troughs are for the poorest of poors. even I dont use troughs.
    I jsut pee on the floor next to it and then get the fuck out.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Oh it must be summer, the guy with the "no fascist global government" sign is out again

Rock on bro
    Friend of mine pissed in a bathtub once.

He was quite satisfied with himself for not spilling any.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Can you print a 3d printer from a 3d printer
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

IT'S A RAVEN MADE OF SWORDS (also all the house sigils... it's surprisingly detailed).

Yeah, I was linked that first thing this morning because the other shirt is from Stargate, but I couldn't not get the GoT one.

Poor Stargate, never gets anything and then when it finally gets put up, it has to go against GoT.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard

it didn't show the other side:

2zzs5g1.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    so I didn't realize that that the 3D Printable Gun's blueprints had actually been released online. I thought that was still in the works.

I guess.

The Guardian had a column today from a guy that runs a rapid prototyping business. He's been approached by a couple of UK tabloids who want him to print the design for them.

To which his response has been "This is a design that has been shown to work once with an unspecified material and unknown ammunition. Fuck no."

That's my thought on it. The max pressure .22LR is 24,000 psi. It's a fairly short round so the firing chamber is short, but man I would like to see the materials strength rating for the plastics being used.

It's entirely possible that they're using a specific type of round that operates at an even lower pressure.

I don't think we'll see any hot ammo shot out of a plastic gun anytime soon, and probably nothing bigger than a .22 round ever.

I checked and it's chambered for .22lr. I would have assumed they would have used something with a lower pressure like most of the .38 variants but they chose .22lr.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    shirt does not have enough highgarden flair, will not purchase
    NO.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    fucking nerds with their nerd shirts
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    fucking nerds with their nerd shirts

t5BiQYd
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I have to stay late at work noooo
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.

lu bu is totes sherman

Lu Bu (in the books, and they usually get this across in the games) was a brainless thug with no impulse control. A very, very dangerous thug and a slayer of (hench)men but a terrible leader and totally uncharismatic.

It's interesting that in the books, very much unlike most of the zillion other named characters that get killed, he is not slain or assassinated by a named person. He is swarmed under by a horde of grunts and just mobbed to death.
    Sherman was strategically brutal, but lacked the tactical savagery and ability to inspire testical-shrinking dread in his opponents.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.

It would be awesome.

lu bu is totes sherman

that's interesting. i really know very little about medieval chinese history besides what i learned in the dynasty warriors games

which is to say that i know almost nothing about medieval chinese history
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

it's 3d printers all the way down
    919UOwT.png
    I'm going to get my neck x rayed

Uhhh

They close in an hour and 10

How long does an xray take? Like five minutes right?
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

Uhhh

The xray itself should only be 5-10 minutes yeah, but who knows what their schedule is like.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    I've played so so many of the Koei games. Every time Romance of the Three Kingdoms gets referenced anywhere else my mind goes straight to Dynasty Warriors.

"Dian Wei? Sure, he's the dude with the big ax!"
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I N C E P T I O N
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    Dynasty Warriors failed to capture Guan Yu godliness accurately.
    Zephiran wrote: »

I guess.

I checked and it's chambered for .22lr. I would have assumed they would have used something with a lower pressure like most of the .38 variants but they chose .22lr.

Well, I figured it might've been something like a .22 short, but apparently not.

I think they've got a ways to go to catch up to these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67PYuGQM9Fg
    Sarksus wrote: »

Uhhh

The xray itself should only be 5-10 minutes yeah, but who knows what their schedule is like.

They go by a walk in schedule so I imagine they can't be too busy

I hope

Otherwise I'll need to schedule a vacation day or something and go down there nice and early
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

That's the idea behind the reprap project.

You're stuck buying the stepper motors, electronic components, and a few bits and pieces (basically the metal parts) though.

A lot of them you can make yourself from pretty basic materials, though. Most people working on the design work to a "can you buy it from a diy store" rule of thumb.
    every time i read about one of you guys "quitting soda" and losing like 15 lbs easy peasy i am jealous

because i do not drink soda ever and therefore cannot lose those 15 lbs easy peasy

on the other hand, i'll bet if i stopped drinking alcohol altogether i'd lose 15 lbs

but let's be honest that's probably not going to happen
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    My 40% off dress came in today. It is weird in places. Don't know if I should send it back.
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    947106_10152810209620434_1643190293_n.jpg

hulen's urinal at the moment.

(it says don't use the middle)

Awesome. But I'm just amazed to see the trough again. I haven't seen one of those since the old Atlanta Fulton County baseball stadium was torn down for Turner Field.

well, the place is just four years younger than atlanta fulton county baseball stadium.
    xlh6c3.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    so we learned today that soy is allergic to penicillin D :

8723272623_0e1885bd04_c.jpg
    every time i read about one of you guys "quitting soda" and losing like 15 lbs easy peasy i am jealous

because i do not drink soda ever and therefore cannot lose those 15 lbs easy peasy

on the other hand, i'll bet if i stopped drinking alcohol altogether i'd lose 15 lbs

just start drinking soda, and after you've gained 15 pounds, quit!
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

It would be awesome.

lu bu is totes sherman

that's interesting. i really know very little about medieval chinese history besides what i learned in the dynasty warriors games

which is to say that i know almost nothing about medieval chinese history

The books are well worth reading. The story takes place in the late 2nd century - early 3rd century CE (so, starting around the time of Marcus Aurelius being Emperor of Rome). But it was written down during the Yuan dynasty when the Mongols were ruling china about 1000 years later. The story is about the chaos at the end of the Han dynasty - which was very much romanticized during a period of foreign rule - as being the golden age of China as ruled by "real" Chinese.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

Not

Worth

It
    he looks high
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

No.

There's a project that tries to do so and I guess they're claiming they can

but it's a bit like saying that if I have a machine that can stamp out a PC case I can make a computer with it.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Puppies are amazing but if you get them young be prepared to have little rest.
    Getting a slightly older dog can be a lot more relaxing, but you would miss out on the intensely cute phase and you may end up with a dog with bad habits. Like my grandfather, who got this amazing Groenendaeler Shepherd that turned out to be a bundle of nerves and the loud doorbell/phone (half deaf grandfather) would send her into a panic for ages.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

It would be awesome.

lu bu is totes sherman

You may be thinking of a different person. I'm pretty sure Lu Bu was executed by Liu Bei at Tsao Tsao's urging as he begged for his life and offered to serve, because he had already betrayed so many other people. Zhang Liao was with him and was spared because he didn't give a crap about potentially being executed and told Lu Bu to take it like a man.
    Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
This discussion has been closed.