Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Can you print a 3d printer from a 3d printer

P R I N T C E P T I O N

This is actually a major goal. I think they are pretty close.

You will never to be able to print printer ink/fluid/powder though.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Yeah there was a cherry tree and three heroic good guys swore an oath under it but they lost to the blue guys who were sneaky and drank cow pee.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.

lu bu is totes sherman

Lu Bu (in the books, and they usually get this across in the games) was a brainless thug with no impulse control. A very, very dangerous thug and a slayer of (hench)men but a terrible leader and totally uncharismatic.

It's interesting that in the books, very much unlike most of the zillion other named characters that get killed, he is not slain or assassinated by a named person. He is swarmed under by a horde of grunts and just mobbed to death.

that's interesting. i really know very little about medieval chinese history besides what i learned in the dynasty warriors games

which is to say that i know almost nothing about medieval chinese history

The books are well worth reading. The story takes place in the late 2nd century - early 3rd century CE (so, starting around the time of Marcus Aurelius being Emperor of Rome). But it was written down during the Yuan dynasty when the Mongols were ruling china about 1000 years later. The story is about the chaos at the end of the Han dynasty - which was very much romanticized during a period of foreign rule - as being the golden age of China as ruled by "real" Chinese.

the romance of the five kingdoms, right?

i thought about picking them up, but i was basically concerned that it would either be super-dry or that it would require a level of cultural familiarity that i just don't have with china (historical or otherwise).
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    he looks high

he is all swollen and fucked up

he is on steroids for the next few days

gonna get swole?
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    NSFW Lyrics and a whole lot of other stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djI6nc9EVMM
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    skippy did you break your babby
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    My 40% off dress came in today. It is weird in places. Don't know if I should send it back.
    cptrugged wrote: »
    947106_10152810209620434_1643190293_n.jpg

hulen's urinal at the moment.

(it says don't use the middle)

Awesome. But I'm just amazed to see the trough again. I haven't seen one of those since the old Atlanta Fulton County baseball stadium was torn down for Turner Field.

well, the place is just four years younger than atlanta fulton county baseball stadium.

Ah, makes sense. For a second there I was thinking Norway may have been a little behind the times in potty technology.

As someone who is a bit bladder shy. Having to step up to the through as a kid when we went to the stadium was a hellish nightmare.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SanderJK wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

P R I N T C E P T I O N

This is actually a major goal. I think they are pretty close.

You will never to be able to print printer ink/fluid/powder though.

just need a printer that can print out a working harvester robot that will seek and obtain the materials, have it try variations and adopt successful ones so it learns over time

I see no potential downsides
    override367 on
    Also apparently some dumbass decided to link his boats together with chains and oh yeah they were made of wood like how dumb can you get.

And the screen chewing. Dear god the screen chewing.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.

yes

trying to treat ear infection --> oh shit my babby asplode
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    so we learned today that soy is allergic to penicillin D :

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/8723272623_0e1885bd04_c.jpg

So am I.

/fistbump the little bro for me.

'cillin
    Delmain on
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.

lu bu is totes sherman

Lu Bu (in the books, and they usually get this across in the games) was a brainless thug with no impulse control. A very, very dangerous thug and a slayer of (hench)men but a terrible leader and totally uncharismatic.

It's interesting that in the books, very much unlike most of the zillion other named characters that get killed, he is not slain or assassinated by a named person. He is swarmed under by a horde of grunts and just mobbed to death.

You may be thinking of a different person. I'm pretty sure Lu Bu was executed by Liu Bei at Tsao Tsao's urging as he begged for his life and offered to serve, because he had already betrayed so many other people. Zhang Liao was with him and was spared because he didn't give a crap about potentially being executed and told Lu Bu to take it like a man.

ah, right, my bad. He got mobbed under but taken alive. Though pretty sure it was Cao Cao who had him executed as Liu Bei was still working for Cao Cao at the time.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    I've played so so many of the Koei games. Every time Romance of the Three Kingdoms gets referenced anywhere else my mind goes straight to Dynasty Warriors.

"Dian Wei? Sure, he's the dude with the big ax!"

In RoTK, he was a big (and insanely strong) dude with a pair of pole axes (like Pang De in later games). When he died, he was in the process of bludgeoning enemy soldiers to death with other enemy soldiers because someone had stolen his weapons.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    My 40% off dress came in today. It is weird in places. Don't know if I should send it back.
    947106_10152810209620434_1643190293_n.jpg

hulen's urinal at the moment.

(it says don't use the middle)

Awesome. But I'm just amazed to see the trough again. I haven't seen one of those since the old Atlanta Fulton County baseball stadium was torn down for Turner Field.

well, the place is just four years younger than atlanta fulton county baseball stadium.

Ah, makes sense. For a second there I was thinking Norway may have been a little behind the times in potty technology.

As someone who is a bit bladder shy. Having to step up to the through as a kid when we went to the stadium was a hellish nightmare.

did you mean just that style of urinal, or that exact model

because it's a common style here. Lotsa bars don't have all that much space nor care about having swanky bathrooms.

it's not being behind the times!

(also, we are ahead. Apparently US toilets have weirdly high water levels.)
    xlh6c3.png
    That babby has hit puberty.
    _J_ wrote:
    people who are pee shy can just stop being so
    xlh6c3.png

It would be awesome.

lu bu is totes sherman

that's interesting. i really know very little about medieval chinese history besides what i learned in the dynasty warriors games

which is to say that i know almost nothing about medieval chinese history

The books are well worth reading. The story takes place in the late 2nd century - early 3rd century CE (so, starting around the time of Marcus Aurelius being Emperor of Rome). But it was written down during the Yuan dynasty when the Mongols were ruling china about 1000 years later. The story is about the chaos at the end of the Han dynasty - which was very much romanticized during a period of foreign rule - as being the golden age of China as ruled by "real" Chinese.

the romance of the five kingdoms, right?

i thought about picking them up, but i was basically concerned that it would either be super-dry or that it would require a level of cultural familiarity that i just don't have with china (historical or otherwise).

the books are just called "Three Kingdoms" by Luo Guanzhong
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

yes

Is he all itchy and miserable, or does he just look like leper babby and is otherwise aces?
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    POOR BABY. I thought at first he had the chicken pox and I was really excited.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    We have a course here called Witchcraft and Magic before 1700
    What the fuckkkkkkkkk
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Also, what Koei did to Zhang He was a fucking crime.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    Raven wants skippy's kid to be sick.

_J_ wrote:
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So if I am looking to get into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, what is the best one for PS2?
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

No.

There's a project that tries to do so and I guess they're claiming they can

but it's a bit like saying that if I have a machine that can stamp out a PC case I can make a computer with it.

You can (arguably) build one with hand tools and stuff from a diy shop, steppers and electronics aside.

There are people that bootstrap their own 3d printer buy building out of wood and acrylic, printing an extruder, swapping it in, printing the structure, swapping over the hardware, and finally printing a better extruder.

The hardest parts are the extruder nozzle and the hobbed bolt used to drive the filament, which are trivial parts if you have a lathe but difficult otherwise.
    So if I am looking to get into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, what is the best one for PS2?

Four. You will buy four.
    _J_ wrote:
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    What the fuckkkkkkkkk

Some of the summer courses taught at my university are legit wonk too.

But that's in a class of its own.

yes

I'm imagining you going "I think... I think there's something in there. Hang on."

"Wait, got it."
    100_2947.jpg

"...shit."
    xlh6c3.png

Four. You will buy four.

Oh nm I thought you meant dynasty warriors.
    _J_ wrote:
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    What the fuckkkkkkkkk

The adjunct teaching Witchcraft and Magic after 1994 is a part time manager at Hot Topic. The midterm is mostly about "The Craft"
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    What the fuckkkkkkkkk

take it

take it

take it take it take it
    919UOwT.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Chicken pox are like, a rite of passage. If you can survive them as a baby you're fine for most other diseases probably. Also when I had chicken pox it was the best week ever because it was in the summer towards the end of the school year and I got to live with my grandparents at their lake house and go swimmun everyday.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    he looks high

he is all swollen and fucked up

he is on steroids for the next few days

gonna get swole?

Gonna be hell of pissy and grumpy and have poor impulse control even for a baby.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    iron man 3 spoilers
    skippy tried to give his babby extremis to heal his babby

so his babby exploded
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |

you mean the strategy game?

They have 11 for the PS2 but the controls are really better suited to the PC (I think Gamefly or some of the other non-steam services have that for sale)

If you mean Dynasty Warriors, then definitely 5.
    Deebaser wrote: »

yes

Is he all itchy and miserable, or does he just look like leper babby and is otherwise aces?

he's pretty fussy

I guess my wife was shopping and people were staring at him and she was furious
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I think I have one free elective when I go back to school.
    My last one was desktop publishing and I got a B in that even though I forgot to turn in my final.
    It might be because I spent 50%+ of my time fixing their equipment since I was "one of those computer guys"
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Four. You will buy four.

Sweet. Dirt Cheap for PS1. Just gotta grab a PS1 memory card and good to go.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    skippy if you want him to get swole you gotta get him to lift before he metabolizes the roids
    919UOwT.png

you mean the strategy game?

They have 11 for the PS2 but the controls are really better suited to the PC (I think Gamefly or some of the other non-steam services have that for sale)

If you mean Dynasty Warriors, then definitely 5.

Dammit Riemann. Agree with me for one goddamn time and say 4.
    _J_ wrote:
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    I agree with Dynasty Warriors 4. It was probably the best.
This discussion has been closed.