Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    I graduated with a ME,B

Met Expectations, Barely

When we finished school, graduating in the top 10% of your class meant you were super smart.

Now it means that you're one of the few people who didn't spend every lecture playing words with friends on facebook.

Kids today!
    In our day, if you wanted to fuck off, you just ditched class and smoked pot. If you had one of dem Cellular Phones, you played Snake.

i didnt have a cell phone until senior year of college
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Are all villains heterosexual? I can name gay heroes and role models but I can't think of any historical figures who were both villainous and homosexual or bisexual.

Ozymandias?

The Ramses Ozy? He was straight. The Watchmen Ozy? Asexual and fictional.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    alexander the great
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Are all villains heterosexual? I can name gay heroes and role models but I can't think of any historical figures who were both villainous and homosexual or bisexual.

tumblr_l6w3xunhpl1qacjg0o1_500.png
    camo_sig2.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    alexander the great

Not a villain. Nicest world conqueror ever.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    All my muscles are sexual muscles
    eokNV.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

depending on how you cast "villians" pretty much every ancient greek aristocrat and plenty of roman aristocrats were bi.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    so
    alexander the great

categorizing historical figures as villains/heroes seems odd
    TL DR wrote: »

Instead of toes, you have penises attached to your feet. [/obscureNewVegasreference]
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    CNN's Year in Review
    The People We've Lost

wW4LNf2.png
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I hate when we have old people in for events and fundraisers. They always leave their nasty poops unflushed.

They're just a bunch of suckers anyway, they'll be long dead before any of our research sees a clinical application. Joke's on you old rich poopers!
    Winky on
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

do you have sexlexia?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    They need to make a Civil War version of Dynasty Warriors. Turn Robert E. Lee into a dancing geisha. Grant into a fatty in a diaper.

It would be awesome.

Until you realize the game's Lu Bu would probably be Forrest or Jackson...and the other would end up riding an elephant.

lu bu is totes sherman

Lu Bu (in the books, and they usually get this across in the games) was a brainless thug with no impulse control. A very, very dangerous thug and a slayer of (hench)men but a terrible leader and totally uncharismatic.

It's interesting that in the books, very much unlike most of the zillion other named characters that get killed, he is not slain or assassinated by a named person. He is swarmed under by a horde of grunts and just mobbed to death.

You may be thinking of a different person. I'm pretty sure Lu Bu was executed by Liu Bei at Tsao Tsao's urging as he begged for his life and offered to serve, because he had already betrayed so many other people. Zhang Liao was with him and was spared because he didn't give a crap about potentially being executed and told Lu Bu to take it like a man.

ah, right, my bad. He got mobbed under but taken alive. Though pretty sure it was Cao Cao who had him executed as Liu Bei was still working for Cao Cao at the time.

Cap Cao asks Liu Bei what to do with him. Lu Bu expects he will be spared, as he saved Liu Bei's life (I forget if that was before or after he betrayed Liu Bei). Liu Bei advises Cao kill him, as he can't be trusted.

Unfortunately, my ex-wife skived off with my unabridged copy of the book. I have the rebook, but it uses Wade-Giles instead of Pinyin and often refers to characters by style name alone.

Does anyone know of any good books on the Sengoku Jidai? I've read Shogun (fiction, but not bad once you sort out who is based on whom) and Taiko, but I want something more encompassing, like The Three Kingdoms.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    jesus christ tto the avatar of me is terrifying and sincerely unsettling
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I was always a fan of Sun Shang Xiang. Great AoE on her N, N, N, Special attack combo. I liked the flute lady and Dian Wei too.
    cptrugged on
    so
    alexander the great

There's a difference between Turing and Caligula.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Also, Leopold and Loeb were gay.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    I didn't have a cell phone until like 8 years ago.

Man breaking down in the middle of nowhere was terrifying before. I actually had to find a house and talk to people and hope I didn't get shot. Now I can just call 911/411.
    so
    alexander the great

Caligula came up with a much better test for determining if someone was human.
    vspgsp.jpg
    alexander the great

"nicest world conqueror" still lands you squarely in the villain camp

there's no nice way to conquer the world. Especially not in those days.
    xlh6c3.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I find RMS's to be the most unsettling, but Thomas freaks me out regardless.
    Winky wrote: »
    so
    alexander the great

Caligula came up with a much better test for determining if someone was human.

It must have been a terrible test. Caligula made his horse a priest.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    turing = not a villain

people who are directly responsible for visiting death and suffering upon untold magnitudes = generally villains
    xlh6c3.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Can you print a 3d printer from a 3d printer

P R I N T C E P T I O N

This is actually a major goal. I think they are pretty close.

You will never to be able to print printer ink/fluid/powder though.

John Von Neumann just showed up in his time machine. He's asking about your parents.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    alexander the great

"nicest world conqueror" still lands you squarely in the villain camp

there's no nice way to conquer the world. Especially not in those days.

That's because nobody's every tried to conquer the world with kindness. Give me a nice basket of muffins and a thoughtfully written card describing the glory of your autocratic empire, and I'll give in willingly.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    ugh just got through completing my new background check packet. Do they not know how stressful that shit is for people with anxiety disorders?

I spent 3 days having an anxiety attack over the fact that I had to report a speeding ticket.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Man, my withdrawal from soda last night was so bad, I had a killer headache, severe nausea and I began sweating.

Trying to come off the stuff with some green tea.

But last night was terrible. I caved and had a soda just to get rid of the symptoms.

Wait I thought he was just pretending to be gay. Wasn't that the whole point of his speech about how it was so easy to fool them?
    I'd be gift basket genghis khan.
    xlh6c3.png
    cptrugged wrote: »

Wait I thought he was just pretending to be gay. Wasn't that the whole point of his speech about how it was so easy to fool them?

Yeah, it wasn't really confirmed.
    When he showed up as Molly's boyfriend he was certainly putting on an act to make Sherlock dismiss him.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Leopold and Loeb killed a dude just because they wanted to commit a perfect crime. It doesn't get more evil than that.

I mean, look at this:
    Before the murder, Leopold had written to Loeb: "A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."

Dr. Doom would have told him to tone that shit down.
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, my withdrawal from soda last night was so bad, I had a killer headache, severe nausea and I began sweating.

But last night was terrible. I caved and had a soda just to get rid of the symptoms.

EW is this a thing?? You can actually be addicted to soda? I guess it'd be the caffeine/sugar in it... yeah. Ick.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Dr. Doom is, in the vernacular of the neighborhood I grew up in, a bitch made ho.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    ...can you actually be addicted to soda?
    xlh6c3.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Haha, I just saw why last [chat] ended at 50 pages.

That's just

magical

Is it really magical when it happens so often?

Someone explain to me the workings of Geth. He is still new and mysterious to me since I left right after he was introduced.

geth is an automated tool

the way he works is you tell him to do something and he does something different

that's what's up with geth

Syntax error

Do you speak it?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    Mim wrote: »

Either soda is a codeword or you're a big wimp.

I have had three coffees, a coke, and a tea in the last three or so hours and I'm still fighting to stay awake because I'm taking a break from speed because I've become so tolerant over the past few months that double-dosing wasn't doing it.
    vspgsp.jpg
    Also, Jeffrey Dahmer is another one.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Leopold and Loeb killed a dude just because they wanted to commit a perfect crime. It doesn't get more evil than that.

I mean, look at this:
    Before the murder, Leopold had written to Loeb: "A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."

Dr. Doom would have told him to tone that shit down.

I wonder if you would get diminished capacity to understand the consequences of your actions with that level of megalomania. Literally you think you can do no wrong.
This discussion has been closed.