Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    ...can you actually be addicted to soda?

you can be addicted to anything, you can't be CHEMICALLY addicted to anything
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I already knew half of these facts but cool anyways
    http://imgur.com/gallery/WDv6D
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    soda is a codeword for freebasing crack cocaine
    xlh6c3.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, my withdrawal from soda last night was so bad, I had a killer headache, severe nausea and I began sweating.

Trying to come off the stuff with some green tea.

But last night was terrible. I caved and had a soda just to get rid of the symptoms.

Either soda is a codeword or you're a big wimp.

I have had three coffees, a coke, and a tea in the last three or so hours and I'm still fighting to stay awake because I'm taking a break from speed because I've become so tolerant over the past few months that double-dosing wasn't doing it.

I've been drinking massive amounts of coke since I've been back from boot camp and yesterday was my first day without it...well it would've been until I gave up.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Also, Jeffrey Dahmer is another one.

Really?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I seriously need a nap.

Trying to figure out if I can get away with leaving super early today or not to go home and sleep.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    So if I am looking to get into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, what is the best one for PS2?

you mean the strategy game?

They have 11 for the PS2 but the controls are really better suited to the PC (I think Gamefly or some of the other non-steam services have that for sale)

If you mean Dynasty Warriors, then definitely 5.

Dammit Riemann. Agree with me for one goddamn time and say 4.

why 4?

#5 had all the content and characters from 4 (roughly the same engine) plus more stuff.

Because that's the first one I played

Shut up its a valid reason!

2 stuck closest to the novel. They diverge more with each successive game, and the spinoffs are even worse (in Kessen 3, Cao Cao and Liu Bei are brothers). The PS3 versions are about as historical as Warriors Orochi.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Are all villains heterosexual? I can name gay heroes and role models but I can't think of any historical figures who were both villainous and homosexual or bisexual.

tumblr_l6w3xunhpl1qacjg0o1_500.png

Wait I thought he was just pretending to be gay. Wasn't that the whole point of his speech about how it was so easy to fool them?
    He was exaggerating when he was Gay Jim to avoid Sherlock noticing him.

But then for the rest of the series, I dunno. Felt like he was totally in love with the guy, same way Sherlock sorta kinda maybe loves Irene Adler.
    camo_sig2.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular

As a soda addict, yes. Maybe it's the caffeine and not drinking it will give you headaches or maybe it's all psychological because that fizzy burn is the one happy thing in your entire wretched life but yes.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Really?

Yeah, he drilled holes in the heads of young men to turn them into sex zombies.

I guess Dahmer gets lumped in with other serial killers, but he was entirely his own kind of fucked up.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Also our current Treasurer of the United States is a looker.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I have been arguing with a friend about the american revolution for the last hour. Their train of thought has no logical connections and they are unable to respond to any point I make. Why am I doing this to myself? This is a person who is otherwise intelligent so I have this weird hope that eventually a light will turn on and they will see that they are not making any sense.

The crux of their whole argument is that the american revolution was one of the greatest things to ever happen in modern history. If it wasn't immigrants would have never came to America and WWII would have been lost.

There is such a poor grasp of history there and yet such a strong conviction that she's right. Then again I have to remind myself that this is the same person who said that Japanese internment camps made sense and couldn't understand why an entire room of people were in awe at her comment.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Also our current Treasurer of the United States is a looker.

can't exactly count money in braille
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

As a soda addict, yes. Maybe it's the caffeine and not drinking it will give you headaches or maybe it's all psychological because that fizzy burn is the one happy thing in your entire wretched life but yes.

You just made me crave a coke.

Damn youuuu
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I have been arguing with a friend about the american revolution for the last hour. Their train of thought has no logical connections and they are unable to respond to any point I make. Why am I doing this to myself? This is a person who is otherwise intelligent so I have this weird hope that eventually a light will turn on and they will see that they are not making any sense.

The crux of their whole argument is that the american revolution was one of the greatest things to ever happen in modern history. If it wasn't immigrants would have never came to America and WWII would have been lost.

There is such a poor grasp of history there and yet such a strong conviction that she's right. Then again I have to remind myself that this is the same person who said that Japanese internment camps made sense and couldn't understand why an entire room of people were in awe at her comment.

Are you friends with Michelle Malkin?
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I wonder how Benjamin Grierson would be portrayed in Civil War Dynasty Warriors.
    I'm chemically addicted to oxygen. It's like death without it.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Man, my withdrawal from soda last night was so bad, I had a killer headache, severe nausea and I began sweating.

But last night was terrible. I caved and had a soda just to get rid of the symptoms.

the killer headache sounds like caffeine withdrawal. You trying to ditch that too or just the soda?

Cause black coffee can hold off the headaches just fine and has almost no calories.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    The American revolution was a pretty good thing on the whole, wasn't it?

Like it started the era of modern democracy becoming in vogue which was a big deal, didn't it?
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    OK time to actually start studying for my last final tomorrow. Good god why is it so hard to care?!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Damn youuuu

Wow. Now if only I could do the same with another similar word.

Badumtish!
    _J_ wrote:

the killer headache sounds like caffeine withdrawal. You trying to ditch that too or just the soda?

Cause black coffee can hold off the headaches just fine and has almost no calories.

I'm trying to cut back on soda but not cut it out of my life.

So I'm drinking green tea.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    the villain in skyfall was sort of ambiguous
    919UOwT.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    There was a guy in four I liked playing a lot I think it was Zhou tai. He was a Sun dude.

He was a river pirate that joined the Sun Clan (and not the only one, because the Sun were awesome like that). Notably saved Sun Quan's life.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    Gooey wrote: »

That scene was great, too.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Leopold and Loeb killed a dude just because they wanted to commit a perfect crime. It doesn't get more evil than that.

I mean, look at this:
    Before the murder, Leopold had written to Loeb: "A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."

Dr. Doom would have told him to tone that shit down.

Seriously

Even when you're about to really stick it to that prick Richards you have to ask yourself, "How will this death machine affect all the latverian villagers out there?"
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular

Like it started the era of modern democracy becoming in vogue which was a big deal, didn't it?

showed that treason can be rewarded

:bz
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Gooey wrote: »
    The dragon was gay---Oh wait. Skyfall.
    FUS ROH FABULOOOUSSSSS

I mean

The native Americans probably would be on the fence about it. Also slaves.
    _J_ wrote:
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    If it weren't for the American Revolution we might still be slaves to tyrranical kings like Europe and Canada are to this very day.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

hmm... that one is tricky.

Just because without the American revolution all the long, complicated years leading up to ww2 would be different. So very different.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Kalkino wrote: »

showed that treason can be rewarded

:bz

But not double treason.
    _J_ wrote:
    Leopold and Loeb killed a dude just because they wanted to commit a perfect crime. It doesn't get more evil than that.

I mean, look at this:
    Before the murder, Leopold had written to Loeb: "A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."

Dr. Doom would have told him to tone that shit down.

I'm not familiar with Leopold and Loeb at all.

This must be pretty much the direct inspiration for Crime and Punishment, then?
    vspgsp.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    If it weren't for the American Revolution we might still be slaves to tyrranical kings like Europe and Canada are to this very day.

Hrmm.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

you can be addicted to anything, you can't be CHEMICALLY addicted to anything

I'm

pretty sure this doesn't actually mean anything
    eokNV.jpg

Damn youuuu

Wow. Now if only I could do the same with another similar word.

Badumtish!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I need an adult.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Are you friends with Michelle Malkin?

Doesn't look privileged enough from a quick google search. I'll investigate. Could be a ghost writer.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Really?

Yeah, he drilled holes in the heads of young men to turn them into sex zombies.

I guess Dahmer gets lumped in with other serial killers, but he was entirely his own kind of fucked up.

Huh. I had heard Dahmer only killed men but I didn't know he was gay.
    FrenchCat2.jpg

I mean

The native Americans probably would be on the fence about it. Also slaves.

I recall something giving me the impression that the native Americans were all about it at the time? Granted, they didn't realize what was going to happen because of it.

Also, the slaves were equally screwed under either system.
    vspgsp.jpg
    Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.
This discussion has been closed.