Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    Ok [chat] real talk

I've been having some disturbing thoughts lately. I don't know what's brought them on and it's making me kind of scared. It's been years since anything like this has crossed my mind and I thought I was past that stage, and that I was comfortable with who I am, but now I just don't know. I don't really have anyone else to turn to, so

here goes. *takes a deep breath*

I've been thinking about cutting my hair. y/n?

Join the club! We're all going to shave our heads soon. It's gonna be a thing. :D

The last time I did that I was 18, and got mocked relentlessly for looking like I was a cancer patient

That would, uh, hit a little too close to home right now
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I do not like fried wings

I like them baked

Both can be good. A true wing aficionado does not harden his heart to any one wing cooking method, but embraces all successful attempts.

hmm

I have not had good fried wings maybe
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Going to the store. Gonna buy so many white people clothes

Khakis and polo shirts ahoy!

Nah I'm vacation shopping
    May even get a straw hat
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Ok [chat] real talk

I've been having some disturbing thoughts lately. I don't know what's brought them on and it's making me kind of scared. It's been years since anything like this has crossed my mind and I thought I was past that stage, and that I was comfortable with who I am, but now I just don't know. I don't really have anyone else to turn to, so

Style it first, and if it's not working out, cut your hair and style some more. Jazz things up.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Ok [chat] real talk

Join the club! We're all going to shave our heads soon. It's gonna be a thing. :D

I would cut my hair but I think my mom and Sarksus would literally kill me.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ok [chat] real talk

The last time I did that I was 18, and got mocked relentlessly for looking like I was a cancer patient

Wear a pink ribbon.

Get all the chicks*.

*Please note that laws on owning farm animals differ depending on State.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Ok [chat] real talk

Is this going to be like chat's version of Movember?
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    "Man, we just started Kara last night and it's a bitch. How is your guild doing?"
    "Well my group finished first last night by 34 seconds. Need to move a bit faster."
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular

I like them baked

Both can be good. A true wing aficionado does not harden his heart to any one wing cooking method, but embraces all successful attempts.

hmm

The best wings are smoked first, ala this place
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Actually, I'll probably only get around to doing it tomorrow morning-ish.
    Ok [chat] real talk

Style it first, and if it's not working out, cut your hair and style some more. Jazz things up.

The problem here is that when it's been growing for 4+ years there is no styling you can do

You can wear it down. You can tie it back. Those are your options.

Cutting it is necessary if I want it to look different.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    no jobs anywhere look good

going to live in texas forever

going to burn to a crisp
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I did 40 man raids, I did the 25 man raids and I did the 10 man raids in WoW and looking back on it, I think 10 was the sweet spot. It was large enough to have interesting mechanics, not too big to coordinate, and having competing speed runs on Kara was a blast.

I personally am fine with them including 40 mans and might even try to one day organize one for the PA guild, but I understand the complaints and limitations involved, so for most of the raiding we do it'll probably be of the 10 and 25 man variety, which is in the game as well. Wildstar's devs just feel a need to try and cater to all raiding levels and scenes without diluting the endgame into just a raiding and PvP game only.
    Going to the store. Gonna buy so many white people clothes

Khakis and polo shirts ahoy!

Nah I'm vacation shopping
    May even get a straw hat

250px-Engineer_Last_Straw.png
    Ok [chat] real talk

The problem here is that when it's been growing for 4+ years there is no styling you can do

MargeSimpson5.gif
    Mortious wrote: »
    Ok [chat] real talk

Wear a pink ribbon.

Get all the chicks*.

*Please note that laws on owning farm animals differ depending on State.

I am a bad person for thinking this isn't a bad idea
    Ok [chat] real talk

Then cut. Cut it all down and start again. Donate the hair to people with less if you have enough and are feeling generous, even.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    watching a doc on a trio of base jumpers jumping into this thing

213613201151.jpg

I wonder if base jumping tourism brings in more than we spend on rescuing base jumpers.

A couple of Swiss cantons banned wingsuits recently on that precise basis.
    edited May 2013
    Mim wrote: »
    Ok [chat] real talk

I would cut my hair but I think my mom and Sarksus would literally kill me.

Sarksus is a lucky guy. Let's just hope his luck doesn't run out.
    Corehealer on
    Ok [chat] real talk

Then cut. Cut it all down and start again. Donate the hair to people with less if you have enough and are feeling generous, even.

Donating it has been the plan. I could lop off enough for Locks of Love and still have enough to tie it back, only it'd be more manageable. This is probably what I'll do because it doesn't actually change anything, and then go from there.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Actually, I'll probably only get around to doing it tomorrow morning-ish.

You're in New Zealand. It's ALREADY tomorrow morning, silly!

So chop chop, make with the...err, chop.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular

I like them baked

hmm

The best wings are smoked first, ala this place

"Home made liquids and solids" sounds uh

sounds like what happens after a meal of wings.

That is not a good name.
    h1DI1.jpg
    That cat looks like it's living in mini Versailles.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I did 40 man raids, I did the 25 man raids and I did the 10 man raids in WoW and looking back on it, I think 10 was the sweet spot. It was large enough to have interesting mechanics, not too big to coordinate, and having competing speed runs on Kara was a blast.

I personally am fine with them including 40 mans and might even try to one day organize one for the PA guild, but I understand the complaints and limitations involved, so for most of the raiding we do it'll probably be of the 10 and 25 man variety, which is in the game as well. Wildstar's devs just feel a need to try and cater to all raiding levels and scenes without diluting the endgame into just a raiding and PvP game only.

The changes to the raiding sizes pretty much ruined my WoW guild, and stopped me raiding.

Find a decent sized group that allows the Devs to create interesting fight mechanics, and scale difficulty based on that.

Having it broken down into group sizes (especially if one large group != 2 small groups) leads to player exclusion.
    Off to have dinner with my sister and dad before she goes to Quebec for a month on a French immersion trip.

Au revoir for now, dear chat.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    That cat looks like it's living in mini Versailles.

Purrsailles

i'm sorry
    h1DI1.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    wait so SARKSUS is Mim's boyfriend?

You know what? I don't even care whether that's true or not. The truth is boring.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    watching a doc on a trio of base jumpers jumping into this thing

213613201151.jpg

I wonder if base jumping tourism brings in more than we spend on rescuing base jumpers.

A couple of Swiss cantons banned wingsuits recently on that precise basis.

we've banned jumping from Trollveggen because it was really dangerous and always hella difficult to rescue people from it.
    xlh6c3.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Oskar Blues makes one of the best IPAs in the country.
    They also started brewing right here in Alabama (And then legally in Georgia and Colorado)

You know what? I don't even care whether that's true or not. The truth is boring.

And...time.

One more data point for my research on how far The South is behind the rest of the world.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

The guy who murdered me with a screwdriver and has been impersonating me for the past year is actually Mim's boyfriend.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Oskar Blues makes one of the best IPAs in the country.
    They also started brewing right here in Alabama (And then legally in Georgia and Colorado)

And in North Carolina. Buddy of mined started with them in Longmont and moved out to Brevard.

They're gonna be putting liquor in cans, eventually.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also, speaking of

we actually do have a wall

and ours isn't a measly 700 feet

and it's not made of ice, it's hard granite.

behold, the Troll Wall.

romsdal-trollveggen.jpg
    xlh6c3.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I'm as a lost as Lud.
    I thought Mim was a lesbian because she watched the L word.
    :bz
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

The guy who murdered me with a screwdriver and has been impersonating me for the past year is actually Mim's boyfriend.

i'm not her boyfriend, Sarks...

Wait, i mean, uh... i wasn't anywhere near you on that night.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Wildstar what?

Also seconding the sentiment that 10 people is the best raid size
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh I think you would appreciate this:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7247-Star-Trek

especially the line:
    The hostile aliens all look like growly reptile monsters so, although they're obviously sentient, the peace-loving Federation is cool with you slaughtering them en masse. Should have gone for bipeds with autumnal skin tones evolution!
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    no jobs anywhere look good

going to live in texas forever

going to burn to a crisp

Me too. :(

I'm relishing the cooler temperatures while we have them.

Because June -> September is just going to be hell.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    My luck never runs out. Except when I am murdered and someone is impersonating me.
This discussion has been closed.