Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    fathead has the most annoying commercials. First it's that awful real life video of that little girl crying with joy over getting a monster truck wall cling that she is going to cut herself over everytime someone brings it up, and now its this stupid reggie watts (but terrible) voice remix song thing.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Sometimes, i want to try those really awful RPGs. Like Senzar, or World of Synnibar, or Rifts...

Thankfully, i don't have anyone to play with... Because no one in their right mind would want to play bad RPGs.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    okay [chat]

native instruments Maschine ordered

mk2 black

look at that thing i just posted

dude rocks the fudge out of a maschine

now I want one :3

I noticed that in the stillshot -- I guess that traktor controller and the maschine / maschine mikro all work pretty well together

now all I need to do is become the white J Dilla

I guess I should get up to speed on using it with Kontakt which I never really learned in the olden days

*uncertainly blows dust off of musician status*

: o
    why are electronic music machines all spelled like they are made by 40k orks
    jake have you checked out any of the 10,000 tutorials and stuff on maschine?

I have been watching them obsessively for weeks and finally took the plunge

black, steel blue faceplate, going to get the lacquered wood sideplates from that guy who makes 'em that everyone uses
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I had a listen to Whitney's standup album

it sounded like it was recorded on a phone from the back of the room

couldn't make anything on it out

Really for the best

a lot of good standups have awful shows

They always get forced into generic sitcom templates, like a wacky family or a wacky workplace.

Shows like Seinfeld and Louie are special because they actually manage to create narratives while remaining true to the leads' comedic style
    edited May 2013
    Ludious wrote: »
    why are electronic music machines all spelled like they are made by 40k orks

Because they're actually designed by Orks. Have you ever opened one up, it's just got a mess of unconnected wires inside.
    21stCentury on
    After being all snooty about synthesis in the past I am kind of fascinated about starting completely fresh and playing around with manipulating samples.

Weep, debit card

soniccouture awaits
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    No recommendations for science fiction audio books, [chat]? :(
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    sarah silverman
    ray romano
    billy connolly
    I watched the pilot of amy schumer's show and it was fuckawful
    Tav on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    i used to think it was not okay to talk to people in the mens room

but when it's 8pm and you're doing busy season hours

sometimes having a convo with a coworker while takin a leak is alright
    Winky wrote: »
    I had a listen to Whitney's standup album

it sounded like it was recorded on a phone from the back of the room

couldn't make anything on it out

Really for the best

a lot of good standups have awful shows

They always get forced into generic sitcom templates, like a wacky family or a wacky workplace.

Shows like Seinfeld and Louie are special because they actually manage to create narratives while remaining true to the leads' comedic style

which could be what happened to Whitney

idk

never saw her sitcom or heard her standup, but networks don't take risks on female comedians for nothing
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    jake have you checked out any of the 10,000 tutorials and stuff on maschine?

I have been watching them obsessively for weeks and finally took the plunge

black, steel blue faceplate, going to get the lacquered wood sideplates from that guy who makes 'em that everyone uses

I haven't but just from watching that vid it looks so cool

I could never do any of it and I know it'd be a huge waste of money

but man

maybe for this lil guy's bday if I can prove to myself I'd actually use it
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    you're gonna have to tell me how cool it is and make me the jellyest
    G2Dcf.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-wwWMkkp5g

hahahaha Lil Dicky

you keep topping yourself
    G2Dcf.jpg
    comedians like getting show deals because they usually go nowhere. They get paid a big chunk of money for something that doesn't work out:

Worst case scenario, the show airs and bombs, but they still get tickups in their performance fees. Best case scenario is split: It's either a hit and they sell out arenas, or it never even makes pilot and they get to continue working on their standup while not having to worry about eating for a couple of years.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Tamin wrote: »
    So, I'm going to be driving from Flower Mound, TX to Northfield Minnesota tomorrow morning. Well, to Kansas City tomorrow and then on to Northfield the next day.

Long car trips go better with audio stuff. Currently thinking of buying an audio book (or two), but I'm having a hard time deciding what... I'm basically playing taxi for my Mom, and there is some disagreement - she's leaning towards Storm of Swords (having just finished season 2 of the show); but I'm not sure that's a great idea, because a) the books are far more detailed than the show (so, she might be confused when character shows up), and b) I'm not quite ready for a re-read. Plus, I enjoy having a show-only viewpoint.

At any rate, we both like science fiction.

While writing this post, I thought of looking for an audio of one of Ian M. Banks' Culture books, or perhaps Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. For the former, I'm not sure where to begin. For both, I've no real idea if the audio versions are well-produced / voiced.

So. Any recommendations, oh [chat]

@jacobkosh @scienceFictionFans @audioBookFans

(can we get groups like that? Just opt-in to a group in the profile and then you'll get a notification if someone mentions it?)

@Tamin the audiobook of Virtual Light by William Gibson. It is a terrific book but also the audio is REALLY GOOD. The reader is...I can't remember his name, but he was supposed to be the best. Like, he read Stephen King's read books and other big budget stuff. He gives a full performance with accents and voices and it is really engrossing.
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    The most erotic part of the body is the eyes. They're is no greater feeling than being looked at lovingly during sex....
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    Geth, roll 1d2

if 1, I play Demon's Souls.
    If 2, i do something else some more.

TIA
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d2 -> 1 (sum:1)
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

I would be physically unable to urinate if someone spoke to me at the urinal

Out of consideration for those with similarly panicky bladders, or worse, god help them, I remain silent

I was kind of sweating dropping the bucks but like

I gotta do it. I need to make stuff again before the Orange County Day Jobness of my life crushes everything else.

So I have to be dilligent and go in on them pads and really try to get good with fingerdrumming.

When you are a superstar DJ I will be sending you all my VIP dub whitelabels :3
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    So, I'm going to be driving from Flower Mound, TX to Northfield Minnesota tomorrow morning. Well, to Kansas City tomorrow and then on to Northfield the next day.

Long car trips go better with audio stuff. Currently thinking of buying an audio book (or two), but I'm having a hard time deciding what... I'm basically playing taxi for my Mom, and there is some disagreement - she's leaning towards Storm of Swords (having just finished season 2 of the show); but I'm not sure that's a great idea, because a) the books are far more detailed than the show (so, she might be confused when character shows up), and b) I'm not quite ready for a re-read. Plus, I enjoy having a show-only viewpoint.

At any rate, we both like science fiction.

While writing this post, I thought of looking for an audio of one of Ian M. Banks' Culture books, or perhaps Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. For the former, I'm not sure where to begin. For both, I've no real idea if the audio versions are well-produced / voiced.

So. Any recommendations, oh [chat]

jacobkosh @scienceFictionFans @audioBookFans

(can we get groups like that? Just opt-in to a group in the profile and then you'll get a notification if someone mentions it?)

Tamin the audiobook of Virtual Light by William Gibson. It is a terrific book but also the audio is REALLY GOOD. The reader is...I can't remember his name, but he was supposed to be the best. Like, he read Stephen King's read books and other big budget stuff. He gives a full performance with accents and voices and it is really engrossing.

Excellent. I shall look that up.

Thanks!

Out of consideration for those with similarly panicky bladders, or worse, god help them, I remain silent

you can't be ghandi and hitler at the same time unless you're playing Civ
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Also @Tamin be sure and eat at the Jack Stack in KC while you're here! I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH
    Jean wrote: »
    The most erotic part of the body is the eyes. They're is no greater feeling than being looked at lovingly during sex....

Getting with blind chicks is emotionally unfulfilling. Gotcha.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I want a gyro.

I gotta do it. I need to make stuff again before the Orange County Day Jobness of my life crushes everything else.

So I have to be dilligent and go in on them pads and really try to get good with fingerdrumming.

Desc

You and me bro

We like this

Have a mint julep
    In other news internet STILL down, phone posting, fuck this gay earth wtc
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Guys, I already won the getting Geth to roll for stuff game. Why are you even bothering anymore?
    Jack Stack, eh? I will make every effort.

Getting with blind chicks is emotionally unfulfilling. Gotcha.

yeah but when they say "WRONG HOLE, WRONG HOLE" you can be just like, how do you know you've never seen it
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Man I can't remember the last awkward conversation I had at a urinal.

Yay kidney failure!

I used to worry dudes were looking at my dick, but then I realized its not that interesting. Or big.
    evilbob wrote: »
    Guys, I already won the getting Geth to roll for stuff game. Why are you even bothering anymore?

Geth, roll 1d2

if 1, I win at dice forever
    if 2, i win at dice, just this time.
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d2 -> 1 (sum:1)

Desc

You and me bro

We like this

Have a mint julep

drinking your mint juleps

bapping drum pads in time with whatever music you are listening to

There is a greater feeling

Having your cock seized by a set of yoga-forged kegel muscles with the pounds-per-square-inch pressure of a twenty-foot crocodile
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular

that's not even true

it's the boobies
    Ludious wrote: »

you can't be ghandi and hitler at the same time unless you're playing Civ

I don't know what this post is doing
This discussion has been closed.