Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Snowflakes by the o-z
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    fyi: When them tops come down, chicks tops come down

my name is HOV

HOV

H-to the O-V
    i used to move snowflakes by the o-z
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    choco what is it like to be romantically involved with someone who reads moon over june
    919UOwT.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    the idea that fighting for your country when it's dangerous is something that nobody wants to do is not correct

who is saying that it is?

well i thought u were

now i dont think anyone was i guess!
    sig.gif
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Gooey wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    The first Acoustic Kitty mission was to eavesdrop on two men in a park outside the Soviet compound on Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C. The cat was released nearby, but was hit and killed by a taxi almost immediately.

POOORRRR QUEEEEEE

is it bad that i read this in the wiki and nearly died laughing

Just the thought of what its handlers' faces looked like when that happened...
    The debriefing...
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I don't use umbrellas, I just walk in the rain. I'm not a witch and I'm not made of sugar, I'm not gonna melt.

Haha, in just a few years, all rain will be acid rain.

You'll eat your words!
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I don't use umbrellas and I just let myself get wet

I find it gives myself a sense of equality and empathy with all of the women I pass by who are instantly panty soaked by my short hair
    oh nevermind maybe abdhyius is?
    sig.gif
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    i dont bother with umbrellas in chicago because if it's small enough to be readily portable it's guaranteed to go inside out during the first major rainstorm

umbrellas are weak like babby

i have a hard time seeing airbrella work in winds strong enough to invert a regular umbrella

well yeah, but imagine if it did!
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    the times I use an umbrella is either if I'm wearing a suit

or I've acquired one I only intend to use once anyway
    xlh6c3.png
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Burnothy guess who ordered a Maschine and is going to get the hang drum sample library :3

you

did

what
    919UOwT.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I don't use umbrellas, I just walk in the rain. I'm not a witch and I'm not made of sugar, I'm not gonna melt.

I'd rather not get my clothes soaked with rain and then make a soggy mess of whatever establishment or home I next enter.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    If I was a hundred pounds lighter I'd join the military no question. Get me the fuck out of here and get me doing something that marginally matters.

sometimes they'll take someone interested and make you run and shit for 6 months before they send you to basic, where you will run more

They stopped doing that after we started winding down the wars.

Basically the recruiters don't take you seriously when you're a chubster now. They have to cut people to keep paying for tanks and jet engines, they're not really looking to do interested people favors.

I would totally do that though, were it an option.

ahh : (

Yeah, I was getting lots of hits in high school when I was putting feelers out. But then my NJROTC instructors found out I was planning on enlisting so they kicked my ass and convinced me to go to college first so I should do ROTC.

Then circumstances made commuting to Tampa five times a week untenable and I gained two hundred pounds because I hated myself and everyone else and now I'm working on undoing that before I think about anything else.

Oh well.

Time is the fire in which we burn.

to be honest...

as a general rule of thumb, the times they're making it easy to join the military, are the times you do not want to be joining the military

naw son

for some people maybe

the thing is that you generally don't get to choose if it's going to suck or not.

i recognize that.

i'm saying for some people that is ok- or at least, not ok in the sense of 'i don't care if my time in sucks in this way, that way, the third way'- but ok as in 'acceptable'. ain't no one ok with the idea that their legs might get blown off. but you can be 'ok' with that risk in the scope of things.

that is all i'm saying. the risk does not sufficiently deter me to disinterest me in the prospect.

you can no longer give me shit for doing stupid shit when I drink.

haha are you comparing wartime volunteering to falling off a balcony and breaking your face

neither is a very good decision!

Wartime volunteering is at least productive
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    If I was a hundred pounds lighter I'd join the military no question. Get me the fuck out of here and get me doing something that marginally matters.

sometimes they'll take someone interested and make you run and shit for 6 months before they send you to basic, where you will run more

Basically the recruiters don't take you seriously when you're a chubster now. They have to cut people to keep paying for tanks and jet engines, they're not really looking to do interested people favors.

Yeah, I was getting lots of hits in high school when I was putting feelers out. But then my NJROTC instructors found out I was planning on enlisting so they kicked my ass and convinced me to go to college first so I should do ROTC.

Then circumstances made commuting to Tampa five times a week untenable and I gained two hundred pounds because I hated myself and everyone else and now I'm working on undoing that before I think about anything else.

Oh well.

to be honest...

as a general rule of thumb, the times they're making it easy to join the military, are the times you do not want to be joining the military

naw son

for some people maybe

the thing is that you generally don't get to choose if it's going to suck or not.

i recognize that.

i'm saying for some people that is ok- or at least, not ok in the sense of 'i don't care if my time in sucks in this way, that way, the third way'- but ok as in 'acceptable'. ain't no one ok with the idea that their legs might get blown off. but you can be 'ok' with that risk in the scope of things.

that is all i'm saying. the risk does not sufficiently deter me to disinterest me in the prospect.

haha are you comparing wartime volunteering to falling off a balcony and breaking your face

whether you're interested in joining the military during a time of heavy deployment is a variable choice- it depends on a lot of things. it is not a decision that's universally good or bad; different people value different things, aspire to different ends, regard risk differently vs reward etc.

i don't think there are many people who think it's a good decision to faceplant off a balcony. :P
    Organichu on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    My company has an umbrella stand so I just take one from there when it's raining.

I have left these branded umbrellas on trains across the country. I presume this is the intention.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    the idea that fighting for your country when it's dangerous is something that nobody wants to do is not correct

who is saying that it is?

well i thought u were

now i dont think anyone was i guess!

well

good then...

*narrows eyes warily*
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.

I'm not.
    xlh6c3.png

excuse me but witches walk between the drops
    sig.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Organic Hu, when the revolution comes you can be my squire.

You will have to keep my spare socks dry and provide me with the rudest of titties for post-battle entertainment.

haha i'm the gun nut with arabic skills. i think you are my caddy, sir.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

Growing up in Florida, a rainstorm is gonna have to be Cat 1 or above to warrant an umbrella.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Guess who else's birthday it is today!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/6971656
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    My company has an umbrella stand so I just take one from there when it's raining.

I have left these branded umbrellas on trains across the country. I presume this is the intention.
    That's actually a good idea!
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Last year more than 81,000 people were adopted in Japan, one of the highest rates in the world. But, amazingly, over 90% of those adopted were adults. The practice of adopting men in their 20s and 30s is used to rescue biologically ill-fated families and ensure a business heir, says Vikas Mehrotra, of the University of Alberta, the paper’s lead author. “We haven’t come across this custom in any other part of the world.”

economist.com/news/asia/21567419-family-firms-adopt-unusual-approach-remain-competitive-keeping-it-family
    vspgsp.jpg

I'm not.

FOILED AGAIN
    sig.gif
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    London-based artist, Mr. Bingo, is an eternal naughty schoolboy that provoked numerous times our attention. “I will send an offensive postcard to the first person to reply to this message,” he tweeted one drunken night back in 2011 and thus, a new Internet art project, aptly titled Hate Mail, was born. The response was overwhelming, so he realized that people really wanted to be offended by post. He then opened a service on his website, where strangers could pay for an anonymous offensive postcard. Nowadays, the widely received service opens sporadically and for only a few minutes at a time because the demand is so high. These offensive and skillfully drawn postcards can be sent to solicitors or friends. Recently Mr. Bingo launched a book, filled with the abhorrent witticisms that make the project great.

tumblr_mm8h9ttgj51qz6f9yo4_500.jpg

tumblr_mm8h9ttgj51qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mm8h9ttgj51qz6f9yo2_500.jpg

http://www.ignant.de/2013/05/03/hate-mail/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ignant+(IGNANT)
    Robos A Go Go on
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

You scatter them that they may take root in far places. Soon they will sprout.

Where else did you think umbrella stands came from?

The branding is camouflage

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    i dont bother with umbrellas in chicago because if it's small enough to be readily portable it's guaranteed to go inside out during the first major rainstorm

umbrellas are weak like babby

i have a hard time seeing airbrella work in winds strong enough to invert a regular umbrella

well yeah, but imagine if it did!

and if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon, sir
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

Haha, in just a few years, all rain will be acid rain.

You'll eat your words!
    when the stress burns my brain just like acid raindrops, mary jane is the only thing that makes the pain stop
    i guess i will add the sentiment that people who do want to volunteer in wartime are not necessarily fools to be mocked
    sig.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    jesus christ the new lol champion

is a demon with wings and a blood blade named aatrox

he is one of a demonic race called

the darkin

and he shows up to battles to inspire soldiers, but then they are overwhelmed by bloodlust and do atrocities

when did riot hire a 13 year old boy

Oh well.

to be honest...

naw son

for some people maybe

i recognize that.

whether you're interested in joining the military during a time of heavy deployment is a variable choice- it depends on a lot of things. it is not a decision that's universally good or bad; different people value different things, aspire to different ends, regard risk differently vs reward etc.

i don't think there are many people who think it's a good decision to faceplant off a balcony. :P

it was not a balcony it was a window.

and it's more like, I accept this risk when I go out to drink, like one accepts the risk of being permanently fucked when one goes to war

and going out to drink atleast involves a chance of getting laid
    xlh6c3.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Burnothy guess who ordered a Maschine and is going to get the hang drum sample library :3

you

did

what

Oh I'm sorry

Did I just detonate a nuclear warhead like nbd

>:3
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    Organic Hu, when the revolution comes you can be my squire.

You will have to keep my spare socks dry and provide me with the rudest of titties for post-battle entertainment.

haha i'm the gun nut with arabic skills. i think you are my caddy, sir.

If you have arabic skills, join some private company with contracts to the DoD and be an interpreter. You'll make crazy money.

It doesn't even have to be the right Arabic or dialect.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Abdh's decision was to get drunk, not to face plant off the balcony.

Just like your decision would be to join the military, not to get plugged between the eyes by a stray round while taking a piss.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    ragin bro

8725308543_845829bd80.jpg
    i guess i will add the sentiment that people who do want to volunteer in wartime are not necessarily fools to be mocked

i don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with that either
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    okay I am being overly negative towards service but still.
    xlh6c3.png
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    jesus christ the new lol champion

is a demon with wings and a blood blade named aatrox

he is one of a demonic race called

the darkin

and he shows up to battles to inspire soldiers, but then they are overwhelmed by bloodlust and do atrocities

when did riot hire a 13 year old boy
    aatrox / draven fanfic or i feed.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    also casual i will see your narrowed eyes and raise you an amused and superior glance
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.