Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    NkfdqDt.jpg

I know nothing about this film beyond what I can gleam from the poster. Yet I want to know more. I think we can note this as successful. And yes, I did notice the Roman numeral issue.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    spool32 wrote: »
    Fred Astaire, damnit.

Can we please bring back the top hat?

and bowler hats

i want those back too

and i want trilbys to be reclaimed from the fucknuggets

really lets just bring hats back to the people
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a new imac

they're pretty sweet

im not up on the current mac vs pc debate, so whats the big draw for imacs these days?

they are slim and sexy and run os x

The top of the line one also has a pretty baller GPU, the fusion drive is a pretty neat idea (which is a lot like hybrid SSDs but rather different in execution), and DAT SCREEN.

Also, they last a long time without complaints. My 2010 model still plays every game I throw at it on near-high settings at 1080p, and the 32 gigs of RAM mean I never have to close anything unless I want to.

Since I'm the local Apple contrarian...

The current highest-end iMac only has an i5, for the i7 (the cheapest i7 in the line, mind you) it's an extra $200, the standard video card in it is a re-badged GTX 580 that came out in 2010, or you can pay another $150 for a cut-down version of the GTX 680 (only 2gb of RAM on it, instead of 4, Nvidia doesn't even list a 2gb version as available, no idea why Apple cheaped out), the standard drive is a plain 1tb 7200 RPM drive and for the "fusion" drive it's another $250 (the fusion drive being nothing more than a hybrid SSD that automatically moves your most-used programs to the SSD partition. It's a hybrid drive for people who don't understand how to install programs.) and that 32gb of RAM will cost you another $600. And it's a Samsung panel. You're buying a pretty case and OSX and getting ovecrharged for everything. It's a $3200 joke.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I get depressed but its usually short bursts of total hopelessness, not long periods, at least not since like 9th grade. I prefer it this way, I guess. Easier to ignore and doesn't cause me nearly as many life problems

You shouldn't ignore it.

I did and then it suddenly started getting worse and worse until i just stopped giving a shit about everything. That's real bad.

I went to a therapist for a little while but I don't think it really helped all that much. All I did was avoid saying things that would make obvious things I already know but try to ignore. It didn't seem like a great use of my time/parents money at that point

You're obviously just a drug seeker.

Please don't say that, even ironically...

I still am afraid that i come off as one. Even though i need my meds to function.

That's one of those things that, even if you're saying as a joke, can make people think twice about getting the help they need.

Sorry, was aiming that at Jake gaming the therapist, didn't mean any implications towards your situation.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Community wasn't as awful as it could have been.

But it was a pretty shit finale.

Still funny though.

Oh well.

The Office was fucking brilliant though.
    Lh96QHG.png
    And yea, I was joking, :-*
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    ffahaha
    tumblr_meisp77aIU1rzpzk7.jpg

comp2.jpg

seems legit
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    so apparently there's this android app called "bang with friends". It's supposed to be this thing that hooks into your facebook and you can select people (I'm assuming, from your friends list) that you'd like to bang. It's supposed to be anonymous, but if a friend with the app that you've selected also selects you back, it notifies both of you that you want to bang each other.

apparently there's a bug that exposes all of the app's users. I wonder if that was its original intent.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    desc wrote: »
    I want a beefy new iMac

I would run all the softsynths on it : o

I read this as you wanting a beefy Big Mac and a soft drink.
    TTODewback on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Fred Astaire, damnit.

Can we please bring back the top hat?

If I ever become warlord of earth I will enforce mandatory dapper as fuck clothing standards.

jeremy-brett.jpg
    i don't know why but my dad seems to prefer my car to his, we started out switching cars because he needed a small car to fit in his offices carpark and i didn't, so fair enough we switched cars

now when he has a choice he chooses mine, we seem to have evolved into a situation where we have a family carpool where no one has their own car and we just pick and choose from what we fancy that's still sitting on the drive that day

shit is confusing

/firstworld problems
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I get depressed but its usually short bursts of total hopelessness, not long periods, at least not since like 9th grade. I prefer it this way, I guess. Easier to ignore and doesn't cause me nearly as many life problems

You shouldn't ignore it.

I did and then it suddenly started getting worse and worse until i just stopped giving a shit about everything. That's real bad.

I went to a therapist for a little while but I don't think it really helped all that much. All I did was avoid saying things that would make obvious things I already know but try to ignore. It didn't seem like a great use of my time/parents money at that point

I still am afraid that i come off as one. Even though i need my meds to function.

That's one of those things that, even if you're saying as a joke, can make people think twice about getting the help they need.

Sorry, was aiming that at Jake gaming the therapist, didn't mean any implications towards your situation.

I know it was aimed at Jake, but it's the kind of joke that can affect someone's life for the worse... It's the kind of joke that would've made me think twice about getting help, at any rate.

I hope i don't come off as too preachy, though... I understand that not everyone realizes how much weight their words have sometimes.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    @feral what OS do you use?

@bowen

Windows 7 Ultimate at home
    Windows 7 Professional at work and on my laptop
    the servers I support on a regular basis are Windows Server anywhere from 2003 up to 2012, and Ubuntu LTS 12.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

You shouldn't ignore it.

Yea I actually was resistant to the idea of medication as well
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Still funny though.

Oh well.

Community is over? For good or for the season?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I want a beefy new iMac

I would run all the softsynths on it : o

I read this as you wanting a beefy Big Mac and a soft drink.

Possibly that too
    damn it all i want my car back

i like my car
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    @bowen

I also get a lot of chances to play with Macs between my girlfriend (she's an Apple devotee) and work. I've got nothing against Macs, I think they're good computers, I just don't think they're good enough to justify the price tag.

Why do you ask, anyway?
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    I would like a new laptop. My current one is a hand-me-down and works alright but is not a pleasure to use.
    eokNV.jpg
    Looking at the apple web store >_>
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    so apparently there's this android app called "bang with friends". It's supposed to be this thing that hooks into your facebook and you can select people (I'm assuming, from your friends list) that you'd like to bang. It's supposed to be anonymous, but if a friend with the app that you've selected also selects you back, it notifies both of you that you want to bang each other.

apparently there's a bug that exposes all of the app's users. I wonder if that was its original intent.

This is going to save me hours of writing postcards
    G2Dcf.jpg

You shouldn't ignore it.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was serious chat, and I said it as I can empathize with the situation and was trying to bring levity. I'll walk away now.
    TL DR wrote: »
    I would like a new laptop. My current one is a hand-me-down and works alright but is not a pleasure to use.

delllllllll oouuuuttttttlllleetttttt
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The guy that did Astaire's first screen test in Hollywood wrote about him:

"Can't act, can't sing. Can dance, a little."
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

You shouldn't ignore it.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was serious chat, and I said it as I can empathize with the situation and was trying to bring levity. I'll walk away now.

No I'm not mad or anything, I didn't assume you were sincerely accusing me of it

Just clarifying that I did not do that
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    "Drug-seeking" is a bullshit phrase and a bullshit concept and the older I get the more it just makes me angry.

Why
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.

I also get a lot of chances to play with Macs between my girlfriend (she's an Apple devotee) and work. I've got nothing against Macs, I think they're good computers, I just don't think they're good enough to justify the price tag.

Why do you ask, anyway?

sums up macs in a nutshell

it's hard to critisise them because they do work well, but they work well because they use old hardware thats been "combat proven" if you like and had all the kinks worked out

now thats fine and dandy and exactly what a lot of people need but then they stick it in a glossy case with an apple on it and charge twice what it's worth because it's cool now
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

Catty bitches in Hollywood? Unpossible!
    I replaced all the iced tea and soda I usually drink with water. I lost three pounds in ~two weeks.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular

Sorry, that should have read "I want a new free laptop"
    eokNV.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Still funny though.

Oh well.

Community is over? For good or for the season?

I guess it could be renewed.

But I'm not expecting it.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    I replaced all the iced tea and soda I usually drink with water. I lost three pounds in ~two weeks.
    Maybe I should go back to drinking fizzy drinks all the time to see if I can put on some weight!

One long take.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPgplMujzQ
    FrenchCat2.jpg

Sorry, that should have read "I want a new free laptop"

Sugarrrrrrrrrr mamaaaaaaaaaa
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I absolutely love it when my store has an expiration deal on yoghurt, because if I buy it and combine it with some crispbread it means I get to dine healthy for dirt cheap that day.
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Maybe I should go back to drinking fizzy drinks all the time to see if I can put on some weight!

You a scrawny little wisp of a thing?
    PROTEIN.jpg
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a new imac

they're pretty sweet

im not up on the current mac vs pc debate, so whats the big draw for imacs these days?

they are slim and sexy and run os x

The top of the line one also has a pretty baller GPU, the fusion drive is a pretty neat idea (which is a lot like hybrid SSDs but rather different in execution), and DAT SCREEN.

Also, they last a long time without complaints. My 2010 model still plays every game I throw at it on near-high settings at 1080p, and the 32 gigs of RAM mean I never have to close anything unless I want to.

Since I'm the local Apple contrarian...

The current highest-end iMac only has an i5, for the i7 (the cheapest i7 in the line, mind you) it's an extra $200, the standard video card in it is a re-badged GTX 580 that came out in 2010, or you can pay another $150 for a cut-down version of the GTX 680 (only 2gb of RAM on it, instead of 4, Nvidia doesn't even list a 2gb version as available, no idea why Apple cheaped out), the standard drive is a plain 1tb 7200 RPM drive and for the "fusion" drive it's another $250 (the fusion drive being nothing more than a hybrid SSD that automatically moves your most-used programs to the SSD partition. It's a hybrid drive for people who don't understand how to install programs.) and that 32gb of RAM will cost you another $600. And it's a Samsung panel. You're buying a pretty case and OSX and getting ovecrharged for everything. It's a $3200 joke.

32 gigs of ram costs you what it costs anyone else, because installing it is as easy as installing a nintendo cartridge on the iMac (like seriously, open the flap, pop it in), and all the smart kids buy their ram on newegg or OWC anyways.

Apple didn't "cheap out" - they are balancing heat with needs for the device. Sometimes they do go too far with it admittedly, but its two goddamned gigs of GPU ram; there are probably 10 in people in all of D&D who have more than that on their PC rig, and my "paltry" radeon 5750 with 1 gig of RAM is still doing just fine in the gaming department, with brand new games like Bioshock Infinite.

Are samsung 27" displays supposed to be bad or something? Because the panel is fucking beautiful, and the color calibration apple does with it is peerless outside of the professional end (which cost significantly more).

People pay as much as they do for a mac because they are quality, last a long time with rare issues, have a really good support. You can get more power for less money, but that isn't the point of a Mac.
    meat.jpg
    I'm not a Car Guy, but I recently replaced the soft fabric floor mats with rubber ones, and for some reason it makes my car seem three times sexier.

(I had to google "Hyundai rubber" in order to find the proper name for floor mats, my search history would be sufficient to earn me a less then glowing mental bill pf health)
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    You a scrawny little wisp of a thing?
    My metabolism is essentially Superman.
This discussion has been closed.