Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• bowenbowen Registered User regular
    And I'm sure nothing will ever come of this, so, there's that. I'll probably get bored in a week and stop.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    @bowen

I also get a lot of chances to play with Macs between my girlfriend (she's an Apple devotee) and work. I've got nothing against Macs, I think they're good computers, I just don't think they're good enough to justify the price tag.

Why do you ask, anyway?

Wondering about your home PCs... starting work on my MofM clone, need to know which OS to target. Guess just XP should be fine.

Yeah, a lot of people are still on XP.

desktopoperatingsystemmarketshareasofjanuary2013_5111cf497929c_w594.png

this is january 2013 and xp is slowly whittling away but it's still a pretty big chunk

Good to see that 7 has such a high adoption rate. It really is a fantastic operating system. The first Windows that really "works" and I almost never have a problem with it.
    Steam ID: DoctorArch Xbox Live: DoctorArch
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    one time i was hanging out in a student lounge with like, a half dozen vending machines. and this dude shows up dragging an enormous load of fanta on a handtruck. i see him and rush over to open the door so he doesn't have to.

anyway he gave me a couple 20oz fantas. best decision of my life.
    Vending machine folk don't give a fuck about the product they stock, because they have to (usually) throw half of it away later anyway.

The vending guy always drops off some snacks and soda that will be expired before he can come back out with me instead of throwing it out.

sigvf.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    if matt and synd fucked they might have a non biased opinion baby
    Hey, I totes agreed to build Deebaser's PC for him when he gets the time and the parts. I also play a lot of shit in Windows, because olol games.

I'm not the one with the hate boner for a class of computers.

It's not a "class of computers", it's a marketing machine pushing marked-up hardware to people who believe the hype. They're banking on people being too complacent to care how badly they're being ripped off.

Macs work and have a quality assurance system that is unsurpassed in the pc hardware industry. They charge for it, and I'm not a fan if the patent law that their design philosophy encourages, but to deny their strengths is ridiculous.

Every computer "works". The failure rate for an Intel processor or a Seagate HDD is the same no matter what machine it's in. I could pay Dell a crapload of money for warranty and accidental damage protection that would get me a new machine when I dropped it, if I felt like buying a Dell. Considering at this very moment skippy can't get OSX to install, "it just works" is marketing pap.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @bowen

I also get a lot of chances to play with Macs between my girlfriend (she's an Apple devotee) and work. I've got nothing against Macs, I think they're good computers, I just don't think they're good enough to justify the price tag.

Why do you ask, anyway?

Wondering about your home PCs... starting work on my MofM clone, need to know which OS to target. Guess just XP should be fine.

this is january 2013 and xp is slowly whittling away but it's still a pretty big chunk

My office only just upgraded to Windows 7 a month ago

A big reason for the delay was that the software and systems we use to maintain our documents & confidentiality necessities are super outdated and really crappy at functioning on Windows 7

There are going to be a lot more of these problems down the line as OSs keep upgrading but the technological infrastructure that companies have sunk a shit ton of money into become obsolete
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Hmm looks like staying with my current roommates will save me a grand a year.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I have a tendency to go to sleep standing up in the shower.
    Especially if the water is really hot.

How? Doesn't your survival instinct recognize the danger?!

I can barely sleep in this not yet asteroid proof house.
    Kagera wrote: »
    I bitched and bitched and bitched but in the end who watched all 80+ videos of marble hornets?

The bitch, that's who.

I'm curious about Marble Hornets, but I think my time may be better spent reading the wiki.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck you owe me a finder's fee for pulling syndalis into this

let's say 3 sexy backs and we'll call it even

this is outrageous

1 cry me a river, final offer

1 cry me a river, 1 sexy back, and 0.5 dick in a box

i will match anything skippy offers and also throw in a sexy back, a promiscuous girl, and a dick in a box

Looks like this is an auction now motherfuckers

GOING ONCE to the gentleman in the angry black cat avatar, GOING TWICE...
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else get a PM from SKFM?

No? Does he need you to be a bad dude and rescue him?
    DoctorArch on
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    @bowen

Why do you ask, anyway?

Good to see that 7 has such a high adoption rate. It really is a fantastic operating system. The first Windows that really "works" and I almost never have a problem with it.

XP was pretty good, which is why it's still around, but yeah I like 7.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

About his extended forum leave?
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular

A big reason for the delay was that the software and systems we use to maintain our documents & confidentiality necessities are super outdated and really crappy at functioning on Windows 7

There are going to be a lot more of these problems down the line as OSs keep upgrading but the technological infrastructure that companies have sunk a shit ton of money into become obsolete

I have a few clients who run old business software in virtual machines. It sucks, but whatchagonnado?
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

Nah, he's just explaining what the Mods told him about why he got banned from Chat...

i was kinda wondering if he sent it to other chatters or just me... I mean, if it's just me, i'm... confused, I don't think I am "tight" with him, y'know...
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

this is outrageous

How do you 0.5 dick in a box unless you involve Lorena Bobbitt somehow? That seems more costly than 3 sexy backs.

big dick

little box

B)
    @bowen

Why do you ask, anyway?

XP was pretty good, which is why it's still around, but yeah I like 7.

7 is great, but it's definitely an adjustment from XP

I can see why THE OLDS might not like the prospect of porting over after they "just got used to XP"
    edited May 2013
    FORUM Y U DOUBLE POAST
    Hakkekage on
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Nah, he's just explaining what the Mods told him about why he got banned from Chat...

i was kinda wondering if he sent it to other chatters or just me... I mean, if it's just me, i'm... confused, I don't think I am "tight" with him, y'know...

You can see who else is in the conversation on the left.
    fucking olds
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SKFM taking a hiatus?

Personal stuff or what?

Edit: Ah, he got chat banned? What did he do? He's normally p tame in chat from what I've seen.
    TehSpectre on
    sigvf.jpg
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    if matt and synd fucked they might have a non biased opinion baby
    Hey, I totes agreed to build Deebaser's PC for him when he gets the time and the parts. I also play a lot of shit in Windows, because olol games.

I'm not the one with the hate boner for a class of computers.

It's not a "class of computers", it's a marketing machine pushing marked-up hardware to people who believe the hype. They're banking on people being too complacent to care how badly they're being ripped off.

Macs work and have a quality assurance system that is unsurpassed in the pc hardware industry. They charge for it, and I'm not a fan if the patent law that their design philosophy encourages, but to deny their strengths is ridiculous.

Every computer "works". The failure rate for an Intel processor or a Seagate HDD is the same no matter what machine it's in. I could pay Dell a crapload of money for warranty and accidental damage protection that would get me a new machine when I dropped it, if I felt like buying a Dell. Considering at this very moment skippy can't get OSX to install, "it just works" is marketing pap.

Yes, but there's reasons that dell is focused mostly on business and you're right that a big part of that is marketing. Good for you, savvy Internet user! They also have infrastructure that is very costly to implement. They're also a snake with no head now that Steve jobs is dead.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    fucking olds

Bro, I'm standing right here.
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    @bowen

Why do you ask, anyway?

In ten years I'm going to make a fortune by starting a company that specializes in automated document and systems updates with oversight and support.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton

Nope not me...
    Shivahn wrote: »

You can see who else is in the conversation on the left.

Just says me, but it might be because he's sending it to people individually to not get in trouble for treehousing...

Nope not me...

Don't worry.

He doesn't love me enough either : (
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I just had a moment where I realised I don't care much for Penn Jillette anymore.

I'm perfectly okay with this.
    That PA Report thread on Orson Scott Card is both depressing and not surprising.

"Oh noes, it's bigoted to call me a bigot because I have bigoted beliefs! Who's the bigot now?!"
    @bowen

Why do you ask, anyway?

In ten years I'm going to make a fortune by starting a company that specializes in automated document and systems updates with oversight and support.

Forget all that and work on flying cars! We are at least 13 years overdue.
    That PA Report thread on Orson Scott Card is both depressing and not surprising.

"Oh noes, it's bigoted to call me a bigot because I have bigoted beliefs! Who's the bigot now?!"

This is the worst belief.

You must tolerate my intolerance otherwise you're just as baaaaaaadddd
    Macs still have fewer defective product recalls and a stronger than average warranty/exchange/repair infrastructure due to the uniformity. Speaking about man hours per unit, not inventory cost (another facet that Tim Cook still does really well)

everything costs money

people don't like spending money

it's just that simple
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Idea for porno movie: Muslim man dies and he enters the afterlife, eagerly awaiting his 72 virgins. He enters the harem and discovers the 72 virgins are each wearing a strap-on and it becomes a non-stop reverse-gangbang pegging party for the next 70 minutes.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    SKFM taking a hiatus?

Personal stuff or what?

Edit: Ah, he got chat banned? What did he do? He's normally p tame in chat from what I've seen.

He hammed it up in chat.

And yeah he has a baby on the way and it looks like the pregnancy has a lot of health complications for his wife

so ya know probably should focus on that
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    SKFM taking a hiatus?

Personal stuff or what?

I'm guessing his 1%ness made the poors feel bad.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    He was owning it in the google glass thread. I haven't even read that after being so taken aback by some of the points he made. It was only the first page then, though.
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I just had a moment where I realised I don't care much for Penn Jillette anymore.

I'm perfectly okay with this.

Penn Jilette is an outspoken libertarian magician.

That's, like, just one step above being an outspoken Libertarian clown.

What i'm saying is, I'd probably watch a new season of Bullshit if it were hosted by ICP.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Facetime really upsets our Akita. He can hear me but can't really see the screen well and can't smell me.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

this is outrageous

i will match anything skippy offers and also throw in a sexy back, a promiscuous girl, and a dick in a box

Looks like this is an auction now motherfuckers

GOING ONCE to the gentleman in the angry black cat avatar, GOING TWICE...

gotta let my girlfriend know that I auctioned her off

just a sec

btw the sexy back is hers. the dick is mine. the box is yours. just, y'know, FYI
This discussion has been closed.