Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    "Drug-seeking" is a bullshit phrase and a bullshit concept and the older I get the more it just makes me angry.

Why

The issue isn't that you're seeking drugs. The issue is that you're seeking the wrong drugs for the wrong reasons.

But that gets into weird Wittgenstein's Bettle bullshit. How do you know somebody is seeking drugs for the wrong reasons unless you're a telepath? You can't.

Health care organizations often have lists of signs to watch out for with drug-seekers, but those lists are sketchy at best, and aren't really based on objective scientific study.

I don't know if we need objective evidence but yes the behavior s could be refined better.

Dunadan, because of people who talk about others being drug-seekers, i almost didn't seek help.

Seriously, this shit made me so ashamed. i'm still extremely ashamed of having to take meds because of people who throw the term "drug seeker" around. Like i'm somehow doing something bad, like i should just grab my bootstraps and un-depress myself by sheer strength of will or die trying.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I finally got to the stronger RTS sections of Brutal Legend. Oh god, I am so bad at RTS games.

I enjoyed brutal legend right up until the point you just mentioned.

I didn't enjoy it that much to start with so I just stopped playing when it turned into that.

That's cool, but it's because of awful people like you that Brutal Legend has a bad reputation.

For shame.

Shouldn't you be in bed being too depressed to sass me?

How dare you find the fire in the belly to point out my weak ass lack of gaming skills!
    I finally got to the stronger RTS sections of Brutal Legend. Oh god, I am so bad at RTS games.

I didn't enjoy it that much to start with so I just stopped playing when it turned into that.

That's cool, but it's because of awful people like you that Brutal Legend has a bad reputation.

For shame.

How dare you find the fire in the belly to point out my weak ass lack of gaming skills!

Are you trying to shame me for having a mental illness?

Ableist!
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    My last post really highlights my "Am I coming off to negative/critical/judgemental?" concerns.

Stupid mental filter, always editing

Where comedy goes to die. Censorship be bad.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Slept for 10 hours then had a nice long shower. Feels good.

I hate you.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    For example, the past few weeks, I have exceeded the RDA for carbohydrates and protein by between 50 and 75%.

I have lost 1 pound.

I'm pretty sure three-quarters of [chat] would kill to have that kind of metabolism.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

"long showers" usually do
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    My last post really highlights my "Am I coming off to negative/critical/judgemental?" concerns.

Stupid mental filter, always editing

Where comedy goes to die. Censorship be bad.

err...

:|
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Brutal Legend was advertised as an action game. All I wanted was an action game I could rock out with some Judas Priest while killing hair metal enemies. I get they were trying to deepen the game experience with RTS elements, but sometimes you gotta keep it simple.
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    I have 2 hours to kill in Minneapolis....

Find a stand up comic club?

I just googled it and three clubs appeared.

I'm kinda outside of the city at the moment

Then pay a couple homeless guys to tell you jokes, or fight for your amusement.

I don't know man, improvise!
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

For shame.

Ableist!
    "How can you be depressed, you are laughing at this comedy show?"

fuck yoooooooo
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Don't you wanna?
    imageyns.jpg

I spent five years unloading skids(pallets) like those off of Wal-Mart trucks. Both with manual handjacks and case by case when they were loaded so shittily that there was no other way. Or fell over (and potentially on top of me and others). Or on top of each other. Or one on the bottom busted open. So, fuck no. I wouldn't wanna.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    Brutal Legend was advertised as an action game. All I wanted was an action game I could rock out with some Judas Priest while killing hair metal enemies. I get they were trying to deepen the game experience with RTS elements, but dometes you gotta keep it simple.

i have one word for you.

DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I really should be working on my paper instead of procrastinating. ADHD for the win!
    Steam ID: DoctorArch Xbox Live: DoctorArch
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    "Drug-seeking" is a bullshit phrase and a bullshit concept and the older I get the more it just makes me angry.

Why

The issue isn't that you're seeking drugs. The issue is that you're seeking the wrong drugs for the wrong reasons.

But that gets into weird Wittgenstein's Bettle bullshit. How do you know somebody is seeking drugs for the wrong reasons unless you're a telepath? You can't.

Health care organizations often have lists of signs to watch out for with drug-seekers, but those lists are sketchy at best, and aren't really based on objective scientific study.

I don't know if we need objective evidence but yes the behavior s could be refined better.

Dunadan, because of people who talk about others being drug-seekers, i almost didn't seek help.

Seriously, this shit made me so ashamed. i'm still extremely ashamed of having to take meds because of people who throw the term "drug seeker" around. Like i'm somehow doing something bad, like i should just grab my bootstraps and un-depress myself by sheer strength of will or die trying.

The drug seeker label doesn't often get attached to antidepressants very often that I've seen. That's a whole different kind of othering. That's usually reserved for pain killers or stimulants. Now, SOCIETY treats people who take head meds worse than pain meds probably.

I take both so fml

Yeah "drug seeking behavior" is a thing that's almost exclusively applied to people looking for narcotic painkillers or stimulants or sedatives. It's pretty much never used for anything else.
    FRIDAY HOMETIME

FUK ALL Y'ALLS WE OUT

*casual shaped hole on wall*
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    the worst part about brutal legend was the rts part

so

the second half of the game
    919UOwT.png
    Casual wrote: »

"long showers" usually do
    There are two types of people

Those who pee in the shower,
    And those who do not.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

For shame.

Ableist!

Tough love!

• OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    one time i was hanging out in a student lounge with like, a half dozen vending machines. and this dude shows up dragging an enormous load of fanta on a handtruck. i see him and rush over to open the door so he doesn't have to.

anyway he gave me a couple 20oz fantas. best decision of my life.
    I beat Brutal Legend. I got to see the ending. You quitters are all scrubs.
    FrenchCat2.jpg

For shame.

Ableist!

fuck yoooooooo

No joke, this is a true story that made the news here.

This woman was on sick leave because she had gotten severe depression and a burnout.
    During sick leave, she goes to Cuba with some friends. She takes pictures of her gatherings, pictures in which she is smiling. She puts those pictures on Facebook.
    The boss sees her pictures. Decides that she cannot be truly depressed, she's smiling in pictures! Cancels her sick leave and fires her.

It still makes me angry, and I don't know how it ended.
    oh, before i go

@shivahn

i have started work on getting my abs back after i horrified myself with the amount of titty shake i am capible of

i did like 30 situps (SHUT UP IT'S A START) and 10 pushups (ok yes that's pathetic)

so i can see this summer i have a mountain to climb to meet out 6 month abs time table
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck you owe me a finder's fee for pulling syndalis into this

let's say 3 sexy backs and we'll call it even

this is outrageous

1 cry me a river, final offer

1 cry me a river, 1 sexy back, and 0.5 dick in a box
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I have a tendency to go to sleep standing up in the shower.
    Especially if the water is really hot.

For shame.

Ableist!

fuck yoooooooo

This woman was on sick leave because she had gotten severe depression and a burnout.
    During sick leave, she goes to Cuba with some friends. She takes pictures of her gatherings, pictures in which she is smiling. She puts those pictures on Facebook.
    The boss sees her pictures. Decides that she cannot be truly depressed, she's smiling in pictures! Cancels her sick leave and fires her.

That is so immensely fucktarded. Something similar happened here recently.

It's like come on guys. Don't make me feel guilty for the few times I actually feel happy.

edited May 2013
    fuck you ajax

Antinumeric on
    Organichu wrote: »
    one time i was hanging out in a student lounge with like, a half dozen vending machines. and this dude shows up dragging an enormous load of fanta on a handtruck. i see him and rush over to open the door so he doesn't have to.

This is a great idea for a Whomp comic.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    oh, before i go

shivahn

i have started work on getting my abs back after i horrified myself with the amount of titty shake i am capible of

i did like 30 situps (SHUT UP IT'S A START) and 10 pushups (ok yes that's pathetic)

so i can see this summer i have a mountain to climb to meet out 6 month abs time table

First of all

I am capable of more titty shake than you, so don't feel bad :P

Secondly yay! It doesn't matter how little you're doing, the fact that you're starting is important. Once you're in a habit of doing stuff like that it's all downhill.

So yes. Yay.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    @bowen

I also get a lot of chances to play with Macs between my girlfriend (she's an Apple devotee) and work. I've got nothing against Macs, I think they're good computers, I just don't think they're good enough to justify the price tag.

Why do you ask, anyway?

Wondering about your home PCs... starting work on my MofM clone, need to know which OS to target. Guess just XP should be fine.

Yeah, a lot of people are still on XP.

desktopoperatingsystemmarketshareasofjanuary2013_5111cf497929c_w594.png

this is january 2013 and xp is slowly whittling away but it's still a pretty big chunk
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

For shame.

Ableist!

fuck yoooooooo

uggghhhhh

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Taxidermy Tales: The Creature

tumblr_md6gzgffBM1rzpzk7.jpg
    grem2.jpg

I appreciate these more when the person is a good sport about it.

Teddy Roosevelt was an amateur taxidermist by the time he was 12 and donated specimens to the American Museum of Natural History.
    Steam ID: DoctorArch Xbox Live: DoctorArch
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular

this is outrageous

i will match anything skippy offers and also throw in a sexy back, a promiscuous girl, and a dick in a box
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

this is outrageous

How do you 0.5 dick in a box unless you involve Lorena Bobbitt somehow? That seems more costly than 3 sexy backs.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

All about that Nazi soda, eh?
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    The guy that did Astaire's first screen test in Hollywood wrote about him:

"Can't act, can't sing. Can dance, a little."

One long take.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPgplMujzQ

awesome awesome awesome.

I love how Rogers starts off dancing like she's surprised and amazed to see how well her partner is.

Also, very hard to watch Astaire dancing with her showing so much thigh on the twirls...
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    I'm doing it for OSX and XP via a freeware engine I've found. Still trying to figure out the whole "art" thing.

Using really bad placeholders at the moment and not sure if I want to go 3D or stay 2D.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    I bitched and bitched and bitched but in the end who watched all 80+ videos of marble hornets?

The bitch, that's who.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
This discussion has been closed.