Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I have 2 hours to kill in Minneapolis....
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @skippydumptruck you owe me a finder's fee for pulling syndalis into this

let's say 3 sexy backs and we'll call it even
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    @bowen

I also get a lot of chances to play with Macs between my girlfriend (she's an Apple devotee) and work. I've got nothing against Macs, I think they're good computers, I just don't think they're good enough to justify the price tag.

Why do you ask, anyway?

Wondering about your home PCs... starting work on my MofM clone, need to know which OS to target. Guess just XP should be fine.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    i don't know why but my dad seems to prefer my car to his, we started out switching cars because he needed a small car to fit in his offices carpark and i didn't, so fair enough we switched cars

now when he has a choice he chooses mine, we seem to have evolved into a situation where we have a family carpool where no one has their own car and we just pick and choose from what we fancy that's still sitting on the drive that day

shit is confusing

/firstworld problems

Then you realise he chooses based on fuel in tank.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    if matt and synd fucked they might have a non biased opinion baby
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    maybe I'll go to a store
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Chop it up into 15 minute segments and dissolve them in hydroflouric acid

USE A PLASTIC BUCKET
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    For example, the past few weeks, I have exceeded the RDA for carbohydrates and protein by between 50 and 75%.

I have lost 1 pound.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ludious wrote: »
    Hey, I totes agreed to build Deebaser's PC for him when he gets the time and the parts. I also play a lot of shit in Windows, because olol games.

I'm not the one with the hate boner for a class of computers.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    "Drug-seeking" is a bullshit phrase and a bullshit concept and the older I get the more it just makes me angry.

Why

The issue isn't that you're seeking drugs. The issue is that you're seeking the wrong drugs for the wrong reasons.

But that gets into weird Wittgenstein's Bettle bullshit. How do you know somebody is seeking drugs for the wrong reasons unless you're a telepath? You can't.

Health care organizations often have lists of signs to watch out for with drug-seekers, but those lists are sketchy at best, and aren't really based on objective scientific study.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Find a stand up comic club?

I just googled it and three clubs appeared.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I finally got to the stronger RTS sections of Brutal Legend. Oh god, I am so bad at RTS games.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    i don't know why but my dad seems to prefer my car to his, we started out switching cars because he needed a small car to fit in his offices carpark and i didn't, so fair enough we switched cars

now when he has a choice he chooses mine, we seem to have evolved into a situation where we have a family carpool where no one has their own car and we just pick and choose from what we fancy that's still sitting on the drive that day

shit is confusing

/firstworld problems

Then you realise he chooses based on fuel in tank.

no...

in fact he put a full tank in my car which im not complaining about (which is probably fair since my mum used all the fuel i put in it)
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Chop it up into 15 minute segments and dissolve them in hydroflouric acid

USE A PLASTIC BUCKET

I can't seen to find my knife
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    guys all i was trying to do was setup a joke about how will can't handle basic Geth commands so maybe he isn't ready for a $3000 computer i wasn't trying to start a mac vs pc flame war

oh god what have i done?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    syndalis wrote: »
    Hey, I totes agreed to build Deebaser's PC for him when he gets the time and the parts. I also play a lot of shit in Windows, because olol games.

You're right. You don't hate at all. But you flick apple's bean like a lesbian on ecstasy.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular

It's not a "class of computers", it's a marketing machine pushing marked-up hardware to people who believe the hype. They're banking on people being too complacent to care how badly they're being ripped off.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i'm hungry
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    trying to fathom who used what fuel only adds another layer of clusterfuck to the arrangement
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    Couscous wrote: »
    I finally got to the stronger RTS sections of Brutal Legend. Oh god, I am so bad at RTS games.

I enjoyed brutal legend right up until the point you just mentioned.

I didn't enjoy it that much to start with so I just stopped playing when it turned into that.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

I didn't enjoy it that much to start with so I just stopped playing when it turned into that.

That's cool, but it's because of awful people like you that Brutal Legend has a bad reputation.

For shame.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

It's not a "class of computers", it's a marketing machine pushing marked-up hardware to people who believe the hype. They're banking on people being too complacent to care how badly they're being ripped off.

Where on the doll did Steve Jobs touch you?

PS: Would hardly call myself a complacent computer user.
    meat.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    "Drug-seeking" is a bullshit phrase and a bullshit concept and the older I get the more it just makes me angry.

Why

The issue isn't that you're seeking drugs. The issue is that you're seeking the wrong drugs for the wrong reasons.

But that gets into weird Wittgenstein's Bettle bullshit. How do you know somebody is seeking drugs for the wrong reasons unless you're a telepath? You can't.

Health care organizations often have lists of signs to watch out for with drug-seekers, but those lists are sketchy at best, and aren't really based on objective scientific study.

Exactly. And then, the Othering! This person takes a drug to alleviate pain, but that person is trying to alleviate something that requires a bit more nuance and compassion than is in my job description to understand.
    eokNV.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck you owe me a finder's fee for pulling syndalis into this

let's say 3 sexy backs and we'll call it even

this is outrageous

1 cry me a river, final offer
    Organichu wrote: »
    i'm hungry

how hungry are you?

you are tremendously obnoxious about this
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Don't you wanna?
    imageyns.jpg
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.

Why

I don't know if we need objective evidence but yes the behavior s could be refined better.

You're right. You don't hate at all. But you flick apple's bean like a lesbian on ecstasy.

because its so goooood to me.

I would have to make concessions regarding how I run my business were it not for the software that only exists on my iOS and OSX devices.
    meat.jpg
    edited May 2013
    i'm hungry

how hungry are you?

do you have a horse/hippo etc
    Organichu on
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular

Macs work and have a quality assurance system that is unsurpassed in the pc hardware industry. They charge for it, and I'm not a fan if the patent law that their design philosophy encourages, but to deny their strengths is ridiculous.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    My last post really highlights my "Am I coming off to negative/critical/judgemental?" concerns.

Stupid mental filter, always editing

The soundtrack could only hold my interest for so long. It would have been Allright as a hack n slash game, but trying to use a 3rd person adventure game style camera with RTS elements did not work.
    to be clear I don't care either way

mac and the pc are not enemies

the real enemy are the casual console...god damnit. What word can I use? Fuck being socially conscious and caring and not using hurtful words

Casual console.....meanies? Jesus some words just work better.

Fuck this gay earth

Find a stand up comic club?

I just googled it and three clubs appeared.

I'm kinda outside of the city at the moment
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Slept for 10 hours then had a nice long shower. Feels good.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    i'm hungry

how hungry are you?

do you have a horse/hippo etc

I have a planet.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

That's cool, but it's because of awful people like you that Brutal Legend has a bad reputation.

For shame.

you mean its intro and advertising is why it has a bad reputation
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Slept for 10 hours then had a nice long shower. Feels good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUF9BPOXfcE
This discussion has been closed.