Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I guess I want to watch a thing

but nothing on netflix or hbo or cinemax sounds good

a hojillion options and they are all bleh

#modernlife

You are the one who is bleh

well maybe but this is hardly kind!
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    E8678D00-6F9C-4285-9276-9846258B0719-12766-000022E35DDD8AC1.jpg

Numnumnumnumnum!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

Numnumnumnumnum!

Why are you eating an entire pie by yourself.

Why can't i eat an entire pie by myself?
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I was watching Fox and apparently all of America hates Hillary and she has no chance of winning 2016 now because of Benghazi.

I like how transparent they are. "Wow, Benghazi sure was awful. REMEMBER THIS WOMAN WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT, PLEASE TURN AGAINST HER."
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular

Numnumnumnumnum!

I bet you could if you believe in yourself.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Numnumnumnumnum!

I bet you could if you believe in yourself.

I don't doubt i could.

But i can't because it's not a good idea for a guy like me to eat an entire pie...

Numnumnumnumnum!

I fear not the diabeetus

(Because I only do this once every three ish weeks)
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Welp, first car of stuff is all loaded. My computer is all disassembled and on its way home. Now to wait for the next car to get here so I can start loading clothes.
    (we at chat do still like Hillary, right? gotta follow the chat hive mind)
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular

#modernlife

I'm at a grammar school concert that I already had to sit through the practice for this morning, on edge.

You aren't Bleh. You're a fascinating individual with a shining demeanor. I wish you were here and you had chocolate covered peanuts to share.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    God fuck I hate Microsoft

I don't have a Microsoft account

I never did

I used a different email address for Zune why do you suuuuck

if you've ever signed up for xbox live, Hotmail, a live id, msn messenger or basically anything else Microsoft you have a "Microsoft Account". They were all using the same auth system under the hood so a while back they decided to stop confusing people with having all these different brands.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    FEFE717A-EA23-44A9-B37F-4587F99E1F8E-12788-000022E5816E267B.jpg

It's not all pies, I promise I sometimes move these around.
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular

I never did

if you've ever signed up for xbox live, Hotmail, a live id, msn messenger or basically anything else Microsoft you have a "Microsoft Account". They were all using the same auth system under the hood so a while back they decided to stop confusing people with having all these different brands.

I suppose that makes sense

they should just ask for your email address instead of acting like it's a Microsoft-related thing
    JKKaAGp.png

#modernlife

I'm at a grammar school concert that I already had to sit through the practice for this morning, on edge.

You aren't Bleh. You're a fascinating individual with a shining demeanor. I wish you were here and you had chocolate covered peanuts to share.

well I wish you were here to watch harry potter with chocolate covered peanuts

fuck this spatially differentiated earth

(She's alright. The two party system? Not so much)
    I like Microsoft, yall are just haters

I never did

they should just ask for your email address instead of acting like it's a Microsoft-related thing

whatever email address you used to sign up for whatever got rolled into the Microsoft account (xbox live or whatever) should still be the email address used to log in. Should. In theory.

And if there's nothing on the old account you need then getting a new one is easy.
    (lower right)

edit: or Skype. I think that's all rolled into the system now too.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

She's alright.

I'm not convinced she'd be a good President, and I don't like how weasely she and Bill are, but she's p good on the women's rights front and was a p good Secretary of State.
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    there is a kind of annoying-but-also-good thing with the Microsoft accounts too. They fairly recently started doing two-factor authentication (so it will email or send a text message with a code when you want to change or access sensitive data). But if you don't have your current email or phone on the account you have to call them to clear it up.

the two-factor thing is nice as it is a very real security improvement (for something that is often tied to a credit card, like your xbox live account) but it can be a headache.

I never did

whatever email address you used to sign up for whatever got rolled into the Microsoft account (xbox live or whatever) should still be the email address used to log in. Should. In theory.

And if there's nothing on the old account you need then getting a new one is easy.
    (lower right)

edit: or Skype. I think that's all rolled into the system now too.

Well it's tied to a subscription so I'm not about to start a new one, pretty sure I can't cancel the old one without access to it

I figured it out tho, thanks
    JKKaAGp.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

She's alright.

I'm not convinced she'd be a good President, and I don't like how weasely she and Bill are, but she's p good on the women's rights front and was a p good Secretary of State.

What did she do as Secretary of State?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    arry pottah?
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Hillary doesn't have that fundamental likeability that Obama's got going on, so I don't know if she has the chutzpah to be first vagina-American POTUS.

My money's on Warren.
    vspgsp.jpg
    Yeah, I mean, if it's Clinton or a Republican, there's no hesitation on the choice there.

She's just not my first choice.
    emnmnme wrote: »

She's alright.

What did she do as Secretary of State?

Travelled to an embassy and personally executed some diplomatic staff members.

But the lame stream media will never tell you about it.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    I like Microsoft, yall are just haters

I like a lot of what Microsoft produces. The 360 was my favorite console of the last generation, and I feel like notMetro is one of the freshest mobile GUIs in a decade.

The problem Microsoft seems to have is taking all of these great ideas a building a real ecosystem around them. Transitioning xbox live to desktop and mobile should have been awesome, but it has mostly been a disaster. Microsoft flounders about wildly when it comes to media / content distribution, in which the old Windows Media music store was replaced with playsforsure which was killed by zune which has now kind of died for whatever the new thing is on xbox and windows 8/mobile. It makes it incredibly hard to trust Microsoft as a company that can create a compelling cross-platform experience, which is crazy because they should have it easier than anyone, what with their massive marketshare and their dominant position in the gaming market.
    meat.jpg
    Is it just me or could Hank Williams not sing?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    illary pottah
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is it just me or could Hank Williams not sing?

wtf
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    @RiemannLives

I went ahead and picked up Pagel's introductory (?) text, the Gnostic Gospels, along with another book that is more about the dualist religions that existed up to (and mostly focusing on) the Cathar

Thanks again for the information on who to look for
    turtlesig.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    I voted for Hillary in the NC primary, but am super happy with what we got from Obama (who I voted for twice).

Hillary's image has been made so much better by her time as SecState that I think if she took another go at it people would be more open.
    meat.jpg
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I feel like "I'M ANGRY AT BANKS" and a history of bipartisanship is a pretty strong winner in the current, if not the 2016, political climate,
    vspgsp.jpg
    Emnmnme continuing to be mind-bogglingly wrong in every area

are you going for the record or something
    JKKaAGp.png
    kangandkodos.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    I sent my PhD proposal to a potential supervisor who I have exclusively spoken with in English up until this point

her comments on my proposal are entirely in Japanese

I think she may be vastly overestimating my abilities with the language
    turtlesig.jpg
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who would pay for Harry Potter Ticket to Ride?
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
    Winky wrote: »
    Hillary doesn't have that fundamental likeability that Obama's got going on, so I don't know if she has the chutzpah to be first vagina-American POTUS.

My money's on Warren.

Warren ran a really weak, terrible campaign for Senate.

If she can learn from that, I think she has a chance eventually.

But her mistakes were bush league.

Also, she's awesome.
    Emnmnme continuing to be mind-bogglingly wrong in every area

are you going for the record or something

Show me Hank Williams' best song, then.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.