Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    American McGee for President

he has America right in his name, he is the clear choice
    JKKaAGp.png
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    The fact that they got Matsumoto to supervise that project still gives me the warms.

Yeah, they got some good anime talent for their anime album.

(I love that album so much.)

I also like how for the music video of Kanye's cover of the song, they kinda sorta in a way pay circumspect homage to the originals Anime material by essentially making the whole thing a stonking big Akira reference.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    simonwolf wrote:
    RiemannLives

I went ahead and picked up Pagel's introductory (?) text, the Gnostic Gospels, along with another book that is more about the dualist religions that existed up to (and mostly focusing on) the Cathar

Thanks again for the information on who to look for

cool. You mean this one?

That's a good book. It can be a bit daunting though. If you find yourself needing more background on early Christianity in general then this and this are well worth reading.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I only watch Harry potter movies to sleep with ladies.
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Emnmnme continuing to be mind-bogglingly wrong in every area

are you going for the record or something

Show me Hank Williams' best song, then.

what

does that even mean

he's a classic crooner who obviously has the ability to sing in-tune and carry his voice

that's kind of the definition of an at least adequate singer
    JKKaAGp.png
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Iirc Warren's story is "I WAS REPUBLICAN ONCE. IT WAS AWFUL." which is a great sentiment to run a national campaign on, particularly when the issues she was after have stayed consistent throughout.
    vspgsp.jpg
    The combined political aplomb of the Clinton's in the White House would be pretty great.

Or

They know how to work the system so well that we'd only find out what they did years later.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    RiemannLives

I went ahead and picked up Pagel's introductory (?) text, the Gnostic Gospels, along with another book that is more about the dualist religions that existed up to (and mostly focusing on) the Cathar

Thanks again for the information on who to look for

cool. You mean this one?

That's a good book. It can be a bit daunting though. If you find yourself needing more background on early Christianity in general then this and this are well worth reading.

That's the one, yeah. It appeared on a few "introductory Gnostic texts" lists, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to wrap my head around, considering the stuff I normally plot through.

I'm mostly trying to buy a minimum of book at the moment, since I'll need to ship them all home in a bit under three months, so I'll note those other ones down for future reference.
    turtlesig.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would pay for Harry Potter Ticket to Ride?

Yes.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would pay for Harry Potter Ticket to Ride?

Yes.

damn right. Harry Potter 18xx or I feed.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    The combined political aplomb of the Clinton's in the White House would be pretty great.

Or

They know how to work the system so well that we'd only find out what they did years later.

We would have a better country, and more orgies in the White House?

Sign me up.

Despite the full weight of the right and a special prosecutor who just wouldn't quit, the only real wrongdoing they ever found on ol' Billy boy and Hillary was his penchant for human humidors, and then lying about it later.

I can live with that.
    meat.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Hillary 2016 or I feed

Lawd yas.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    hillary is basically frank uphill in my book

not that that's a bad thing
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
    but, c'mon
    biden%20sig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    I like Microsoft, yall are just haters

I like a lot of what Microsoft produces. The 360 was my favorite console of the last generation, and I feel like notMetro is one of the freshest mobile GUIs in a decade.

The problem Microsoft seems to have is taking all of these great ideas a building a real ecosystem around them. Transitioning xbox live to desktop and mobile should have been awesome, but it has mostly been a disaster. Microsoft flounders about wildly when it comes to media / content distribution, in which the old Windows Media music store was replaced with playsforsure which was killed by zune which has now kind of died for whatever the new thing is on xbox and windows 8/mobile. It makes it incredibly hard to trust Microsoft as a company that can create a compelling cross-platform experience, which is crazy because they should have it easier than anyone, what with their massive marketshare and their dominant position in the gaming market.

i have read that there is a shitload of kingdoms and factionalism at ms and it makes it really difficult for them to innovate or do cross-product integration.

i have had pretty much your experience with ms. i like my xbox a lot and i admire their recent ui innovations. looking forward to tool around on win8. still, i own an iphone and will probably only use windows for gaming on my new computer.

i use win7 at work and, while it's undoubtedly the best windows i've used, i still prefer to use osx
    I voted for Hillary in the NC primary, but am super happy with what we got from Obama (who I voted for twice).

Hillary's image has been made so much better by her time as SecState that I think if she took another go at it people would be more open.

i am glad i supported obama in the 08 primary. i'd vote for hillary, but i think maybe she's getting a little old for president

still, i'm not sure we have anyone better to put up
    you know what's just crazy?

In the first 5 pages (sorted by newest, not by helpful rating or score) of comments on the "Gnostic Gospels" book on amazon do not contain a single Christian nutcase ranting about heretics.

This is especially weird because usually you get those in droves on books like this. Even Ehrmans lectures for The Teaching Company (which are very well grounded introductory courses that stick to the mainline scholarly consensus) get bombed with comments from Christians who don't understand their own religion but damn well know what it ain't.
    Chanus wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Hillary doesn't have that fundamental likeability that Obama's got going on, so I don't know if she has the chutzpah to be first vagina-American POTUS.

My money's on Warren.

Warren ran a really weak, terrible campaign for Senate.

If she can learn from that, I think she has a chance eventually.

But her mistakes were bush league.

Also, she's awesome.

i love her and am glad she's my senator but i don't think she's really a born politician

maybe obama isn't either, but he can give a speech well enough to make up for it
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    BIDEN 2016

While I agree in principle, Biden deserves a break.
    vspgsp.jpg
    this cat has discovered how warm the laptop charger is

i doubt he will move again
    biden%20sig.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User, Soft Launch Tester regular
    I wonder how much of a Thing this will blow up into.
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status.

IRS agents singled out dozens of organizations for additional reviews because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their exemption applications, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups. In some cases, groups were asked for lists of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    he's a classic crooner who obviously has the ability to sing in-tune and carry his voice
    :?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_3TVucft0
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Hello folks
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I voted for Hillary in the NC primary, but am super happy with what we got from Obama (who I voted for twice).

Hillary's image has been made so much better by her time as SecState that I think if she took another go at it people would be more open.

i am glad i supported obama in the 08 primary. i'd vote for hillary, but i think maybe she's getting a little old for president

She'll be about six months younger than Reagan was at inauguration.

Which would make her the second-oldest President at inauguration in history.

Not that that necessarily means anything.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Suriko wrote: »
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status.

IRS agents singled out dozens of organizations for additional reviews because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their exemption applications, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups. In some cases, groups were asked for lists of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.

It's probably wrong, but...
    edited May 2013
    emnmnme wrote: »
    :?
    ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_3TVucft0

I don't know what you're trying to get across here

do you know what crooning sounds like?
    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    reagan was way too old to be president

like, it seems to have made a huge difference in his ability todo his job
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think this is pretty great

http://i.imgur.com/DKZP0.jpg

Torn between liking the sentiment and being very wary of the wounded hero and disability as a fight metaphor applied to the disabled.
    Inquisitor on
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    goddamn, making some sample decks for my game is a nightmare.

All I can think about is how crappy my cards are. :(
    It sounds like you don't like his voice

which is valid

but it does not make him a poor singer
    JKKaAGp.png
    Suriko wrote: »

There's already an apology been issued. It looks like it was generally a coincidence in that a lot of tea party patriot groups have been violating their non-profit status regulations.

Not that Republicans won't make it about Obama's Tyranny even though the head of the IRS is a Bush appointee.
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

There is still 3ish years for someone to come along and change my mind, and I am totally open to it... but she doesn't look or act too old for the job, which is generally more important to me than her chronological age. In 2016 she will be a full 4 year term younger than McCain was when he was running for the office in 2008, and a seemingly much healthier person than him.

Biden would be badass, if he decides to do it... but if age is an issue, he is a full 5 years older than Hillary, and I feel like 6-7 years into his two terms (cause who the fuck wouldn't vote for biden twice) that age issue may catch up with him.
    meat.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    #freesc

Torn between liking the sentiment and being very wary of the wounded hero and disability as a fight metaphor applied to the disabled.

Fucking disabled, getting all that undeserved empathy and respect.

Most of them probably drove drunk and killed entire families.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

not sure what you mean with the first part. when you say hero are you perceiving the guy as a soldier/policeman/fireman? looks like he's in street clothes.
    reagan was way too old to be president

like, it seems to have made a huge difference in his ability todo his job

But he also had alzheimer's.
This discussion has been closed.