Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Today was weird

My friend is probably going to jail

And work was awesome
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    netw3rk has been riffing on Baz Luhrmann's style all day on twitter

EXT - GULF OF MEXICO, SPRING BREAK

ADELE COVER OF VAN HALEN'S "PANAMA"

EMMA STONE DROWNS HERSELF

Baz Luhrmann's The Awakening

INT - NIGHTCLUB

LOUD DUBSTEP

A YOUNG WOMAN SQUIRTS AN IVORY STREAM OF BREAST-MILK ONTO IAN MCKELLEN’S FACE

Baz Luhrman’s Grapes of Wrath
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think this is pretty great

http://i.imgur.com/DKZP0.jpg

Torn between liking the sentiment and being very wary of the wounded hero and disability as a fight metaphor applied to the disabled.

Fucking disabled, getting all that undeserved empathy and respect.

Most of them probably drove drunk and killed entire families.

Yeeeeeeeah not what I am saying at all?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Torn between liking the sentiment and being very wary of the wounded hero and disability as a fight metaphor applied to the disabled.

Fucking disabled, getting all that undeserved empathy and respect.

Most of them probably drove drunk and killed entire families.

Yeeeeeeeah not what I am saying at all?

Not at all. But someone had to jazz it up.

What if this page is some lurkers first [chat] experience? We gotta entertain them.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i guess i'm not really following politics very closely right now, but are there even any major personalities? i remember back in like 2010 i heard jindal's name a lot on the pub side. i remember liking some of the stuff elizabeth warren said about taxes and the idea of a connected society. dunno if either would seriously look at running?

i have no idea, i guess i'll wait for people to start chattering in the next year or so.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Three girls i would not say no to at Hulen tonight.

One is very touchy and friendly and is beautiful and weve known each other a long time

One I am de facto together with

And she really likes me, the third girl told me.

Be the douchebag, and throw away a sure thing, or don't

That is the question
    xlh6c3.png
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Don't be a douchebag.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!

not sure what you mean with the first part. when you say hero are you perceiving the guy as a soldier/policeman/fireman? looks like he's in street clothes.

He's the hero overcoming disability in that narrative. He's fit and young and healthy. Things like that tend to be the only kind of disability that receives any sort of attention. Average disabled people generally fall through the cracks entirely, though this is getting better slowly.

And certainly is better than the disabled as evil and disability representing monstrosity that you get in a lot of historical works.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Warren will run in 2020

A little too early to call, but I think we'll see Christie and clinton
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    there was an interesting ted talk i saw by a lady who'd had both legs amputated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ0iMulicgg

i guess i felt a little squicky while watching it because a) she's beautiful, b) she's incredibly physically fit and c) she has international attention and i'm sure economic help. so it felt like kind of a constrained problem with an improbable solution set, as it were.

but still nice to see someone persevering.
    I am probably not doing the best job of expressing myself because I just woke up but there has been some long held issues by the disabled community towards the "poster child" approach to disability and the narrative of overcoming (not all disabilities can be overcame).
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    reagan was way too old to be president

like, it seems to have made a huge difference in his ability todo his job

Mmm, jelly beans.

That was basically his defense to get out of jail time (more like make the Republican Party have two Nixons with their immediate attempts in the office)
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Warren will run in 2020

I kind of doubt it - Christie, as popular as he is, is a full-on, charlie from Always Sunny "wild card" when it comes to towing the party line. He will trash talk reporters he doesn't like, he will work with Obama (and even compliment him!) when needed... the party doesn't like him near as much as the people do.

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.
    meat.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

One is very touchy and friendly and is beautiful and weve known each other a long time

That is the question

Is this even a question? Abdhy if you're gonna cheat on me when we're married in 20 years I will dumb your ass so hard and make you take the kids.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

That is the question

well if the second one is basically just filling the role of vagina to you and you don't really like her I probably wouldn't keep her hanging

the only real douchebag thing to do in this situation is to ignore girl 2 and pursue girl 1 all night and if you fail go back to 2, so don't do that
    G2Dcf.jpg
    EXT - LAUREL CANYON

NAKED RORY CULKIN & DANIEL RADCLIFFE STAB JONAH HILL FOR HIS IPAD

JON HAMM APPEARS

Baz Luhrman’s Lord of the Flies
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Also I can't take Tim Robbins in this episode of Portlandia.

portlandia_robbins.jpg
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Warren will run in 2020

I kind of doubt it - Christie, as popular as he is, is a full-on, charlie from Always Sunny "wild card" when it comes to towing the party line. He will trash talk reporters he doesn't like, he will work with Obama (and even compliment him!) when needed... the party doesn't like him near as much as the people do.

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.

i doubt christie has legs outside northeast moderate republicans
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

That is the question

well if the second one is basically just filling the role of vagina to you and you don't really like her I probably wouldn't keep her hanging

the only real douchebag thing to do in this situation is to ignore girl 2 and pursue girl 1 all night and if you fail go back to 2, so don't do that

My only rider on this is that I wouldn't break it off with girl 2 at the club because you want girl 1 right now. Be in control of your junk, finish the night with girl #2, and tell her the hard truth later.

Then look for girl 1.
    meat.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

not sure what you mean with the first part. when you say hero are you perceiving the guy as a soldier/policeman/fireman? looks like he's in street clothes.

He's the hero overcoming disability in that narrative. He's fit and young and healthy. Things like that tend to be the only kind of disability that receives any sort of attention. Average disabled people generally fall through the cracks entirely, though this is getting better slowly.

And certainly is better than the disabled as evil and disability representing monstrosity that you get in a lot of historical works.

that makes sense. i feel like that voice- "you can overcome, you're not 'handicapped'..."- is an important one, and is probably useful in terms of morale for a lot of people with similar disabilities. but at the same time, i could also see it shitting on my soul if i were in a position where i was unable to do so.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Stupid weather

20mph wind, gusting to 35-40mph is destroying my plan for skate/bike everyday for a week straight to get over the hump of getting back into exercising.

I was planning say fuck it and just power through the wind but going outside just now messed up that idea. The city apparently hadn't gotten around to streetsweeping up all the sand from the winter.

It's like being inside a sandblaster out there right now :(
    sigtk.jpg
    Warren will run in 2020

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.

All you just said is why Christie is the logical nominee.
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Even when not funny Portlandia is incredibly endearing.

Just... eleven more years before I can move to the northwest.

*sob*
    Today was weird

And work was awesome

What went down with your buddy?
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Warren will run in 2020

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.

O_o

how could he possibly get through the Republican Primaries? pubbie primary voters would eat him alive.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    I smoked and drank too much this semester

*thousand yard stare*
    Warren will run in 2020

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.

I highlighted the word that refutes your own statement. Remember that we are talking about the Republican Party here; they have not been known for good decision-making recently.
    meat.jpg
    Warren will run in 2020

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.

O_o

how could he possibly get through the Republican Primaries? pubbie primary voters would eat him alive.

I'm good at picking my horses, so well see, but I know he's the oddsmakers favorite currently.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    all someone like Santorum or Newt Gingrich would have to do is have Fox News play clips of Chris Christie saying something not poisonously mean about Obama 24/7. Remember Gingrich's "like John Kerry, Mitt Romney can speak French " commercials or Santorum saying Obama was a "snob" for wanting every American to be able to go to college?

The next Republican primary is going to be 24/7 wall to wall racist, completely fabricated lies about Obama mixed in with wacked out Christian fundamentalism.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    all someone like Santorum or Newt Gingrich would have to do is have Fox News play clips of Chris Christie saying something not poisonously mean about Obama 24/7. Remember Gingrich's "like John Kerry, Mitt Romney can speak French " commercials or Santorum saying Obama was a "snob" for wanting every American to be able to go to college?

The next Republican primary is going to be 24/7 wall to wall racist, completely fabricated lies about Obama mixed in with wacked out Christian fundamentalism.

And I will watch every debate and sit in awe that the #1 country in the world could even allow a group of such freaks that close to the big chair.

Eddy wrote: »
    I smoked and drank too much this semester

*thousand yard stare*

you are alive thus you are incorrect
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Today was weird

And work was awesome

Drove drunk rolled his car

But has a suspended sentence

So, that's going to be a few years

He's been struggling with alcoholism for a few years now
    Warren will run in 2020

I suspect Rubio. Or Jeb.

O_o

I'm good at picking my horses, so well see, but I know he's the oddsmakers favorite currently.

Oh, let me back that up

He will certainly go through the primaries at least
    Quid's Top Picks for Republican Primary Nominee:

Chris Christie: Name is easy to remember.
    Paul Ryan: Biceps. Mmm.
    Zombie Stalin: Awesome mustache and hey, he probably won't really carry out political killings.
    Hypnotoad: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Today was weird

And work was awesome

Daaaaamn, son. Hopefully he gets straightened out in the joint.

• TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Today was weird

And work was awesome

Meaning he already had a suspended sentence before this incident?

:( sucks, man. he might be able to get into treatment, depending on a lot of factors. Jails are really struggling to find room for people, though, so there's a lot of incentive for diversion.
    eokNV.jpg
    TL DR wrote: »
    yqlGme7.jpg

This is literally a poster I will probably make someday unironically.
This discussion has been closed.