Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I love myself a Hefeweisse.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious tell me your Neverwinter questline.

Also, are you even level 15/have used the forge yet/even lift?

I'm level 20.

And it is called the foundry

Arch I don't have time for pendantry I am crafting experiences.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Been a bushfire out in the hills yesterday/last night out near where some of my friends live. Waiting on news as to whether they and their homes are ok. :(
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Will, did you read your Superman comics yet? What did you think?

i did!

i thought all-star superman was really good. i liked the take on the characters and found it fresh and interesting. i don't really think the "12 labors" metaphor worked at all, but whatever. it visited a lot of the cool themes of superman and deconstructed them/ examined them in an interesting, fresh way and was really good.

"whatever happened to the man of tomorrow" was just meanspirited, adolescent bullshit. i disliked it immensely. i think alan moore is just an asshole in general and had absolutely nothing to say in that story. fuck him and fuck it.

i like flex mentallo but felt like i probably only 50% got it. i need to reread it after giving it a little time to settle.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaI0_l8zEbE

anyone who likes daft punk that's kinda cool
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Ludious tell me your Neverwinter questline.

Also, are you even level 15/have used the forge yet/even lift?

Winky, I don't know if you saw it but I found some good aligned Undead for you to use in your Questline.

I missed that!

At any rate, I thought I could get away with it if I was just like "BECAUSE SPELLPLAGUE".

I wouldn't even worry about it that much. It's the Realms. It's full of good members of "evil" races.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Been a bushfire out in the hills yesterday/last night out near where some of my friends live. Waiting on news as to whether they and their homes are ok. :(

I'm sure they're fine if it's just the one bush
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I liked Home Improvement.

There I said it.

And I don't think Tim Allen is a bad actor. He's in a lot of bad movies. But he's not a bad actor.

And he beat a coke charge, sure he narced on a few guys, but really, it was coke. They were probably cia in the first place.

My dad claims he went to high school with Tim Allen.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest it's actually true.

But my dad also claims he invented the phrase, "I'm not as dumb as you look."

as an expert on dad-humor, that joke can be traced at least as far back as King Tut's dad.

King Tut's dad is not to be trifled with

FEAR THE BELLY
    akhenaten.jpg
    Apparently the Walk Like an Egyptian Cardio program was implemented after his tragic heart attack.

That guy was into really weird art. And that is in a society that was conservative as hell when it comes to art. Suddenly, the dude who pays for it all was all: pot bellies and huge baby bearing hips for everyone! And for a generation that's what got made.

he was awesome! I love amarna art. and the giant fuck you to the traditional state religion
    NO.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

I'm sure they're fine if it's just the one bush

943554_10201160243750150_1310991161_n.jpg

it's not
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Will, did you read your Superman comics yet? What did you think?

i did!

i thought all-star superman was really good. i liked the take on the characters and found it fresh and interesting. i don't really think the "12 labors" metaphor worked at all, but whatever. it visited a lot of the cool themes of superman and deconstructed them/ examined them in an interesting, fresh way and was really good.

"whatever happened to the man of tomorrow" was just meanspirited, adolescent bullshit. i disliked it immensely. i think alan moore is just an asshole in general and had absolutely nothing to say in that story. fuck him and fuck it.

i like flex mentallo but felt like i probably only 50% got it. i need to reread it after giving it a little time to settle.

I haven't read the stories in a while, but that's pretty much how I remember feeling. All-Star Superman captured the best aspects of the character, and conversely Whatever Happened is way too dark with all its dead dogs and joke characters suddenly becoming murderers.
    If there is one thing in the world that shouldn't be treated with reverence and respect, it's the canonical history of Forgotten Realms.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    what's that about ibis headed gods and osiris resurrection and such? fuck that, we worship the sun!
    NO.
    edited May 2013
    Also, while I'm actually trying to stick pretty close to lore, the questline is supposed to be rather silly.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is what the most elegant way is to make a conversation between two NPCs that the player witnesses, though. Because there is an awful lot of that in the story-line I have planned.

EDIT:
    My attraction to sticking close to lore is that I want to try to embed it in the world pretty well, so it feels very much like a quest that takes place in the setting of the game.
    Winky on
    vspgsp.jpg
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Crap, looks my mouse is on the fritz :(

I like the fit, but I might try something different :/
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So It Goes wrote: »
    what's that about ibis headed gods and osiris resurrection and such? fuck that, we worship the sun!

Yeah, at least we can see the sun.
    Robos A Go Go on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I want some poutine all of a sudden
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Also, while I'm actually trying to stick pretty close to lore, the questline is supposed to be rather silly.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is what the most elegant way is to make a conversation between two NPCs that the player witnesses, though. Because there is an awful lot of that in the story-line I have planned.

Trap the party in a room facing a see-through grate. Have people talk on the other side of it. When conversation ends have grate life allowing the party to continue.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Crap, looks my mouse is on the fritz :(

I like the fit, but I might try something different :/

I got a logitech something or other recently

g400 or 500 or something

I think it's pretty great

Trap the party in a room facing a see-through grate. Have people talk on the other side of it. When conversation ends have grate life allowing the party to continue.

I mean, I'm not even talking about getting the players to pay attention to it (which actually doesn't matter to me), I mean I haven't found a way in the foundry to set up a scripted conversation between two NPCs.
    vspgsp.jpg
    my neverwinter man is L10 human 2h fighter

i rolled a second one. he is a halfling wizard.

the halfling wizard is probably more fun to play than the 2h fighter, but i might stick with the 2h fighter anyways

how i hook up with you guys in-game anyways

my profile name is irondwill

the halfling wizard is probably more fun to play than the 2h fighter, but i might stick with the 2h fighter anyways

You have to get to level 15 with one of your characters, and then you can send a tell to the people who run "What A Nice Guild".
    vspgsp.jpg
    We need more rogues.

I have a level 9 Cleric and a level 20 2h fighter.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    will there's a place here, amaro y amargo, that makes their own vermouth and bitters

we should go some time
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
    We need more rogues.

I have a lady tiefling rogue. She is girl nightcrawler.
    vspgsp.jpg
    I've got a 22 Guardian Fighter.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    We need more rogues.

I have a lady tiefling rogue. She is girl nightcrawler.

Would bamf
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Podly wrote: »
    will there's a place here, amaro y amargo, that makes their own vermouth and bitters

we should go some time

yes!

i am trying to get down to NYC this summer. gonna bring the lady this time.

we can paint the town etc

the hawthorne in copley makes their own vermouth. it's really good.

i felt like a goon just ordering a glass of vermouth but it was so good.
    Also, I'm @ Pupulos in game.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    someone needs to rub like 80 lbs off my frame so i can squeeze into this beautiful herringbone jacket
    Organichu on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

You have to get to level 15 with one of your characters, and then you can send a tell to the people who run "What A Nice Guild".

Or join the pennyarcade channel and ask.

I have a 24 half elf wizard and a 13 or 14 halfling rogue.

But I haven't been on for a bit and probably won't be on tonight.
    falasig.png
    one of my friends scored some grande wormwood and wanted to make a super-wormwoody infusion

so he loaded up some grain alcohol and wormwood and maybe something else and let it sit for a long time

i tasted a little bit of it

it tasted exactly the way that varnish smells
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    someone needs to rub like 80 lbs off my frame so i can squeeze into this beautiful herringbone jacket

I always wish I could give like 30 of my pounds to a starving foreign child.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    That spellplague questline is ridiculous.

Each quest is pretty short and pretty much worth an entire level of exp.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

we should go some time

yes!

i am trying to get down to NYC this summer. gonna bring the lady this time.

we can paint the town etc

the hawthorne in copley makes their own vermouth. it's really good.

i felt like a goon just ordering a glass of vermouth but it was so good.

Another guy I used to know would drink his Cointreau straight.

Same guy also got his throat slit.

I'm sure that's entirely unrelated however.
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Or join the pennyarcade channel and ask.

I have a 24 half elf wizard and a 13 or 14 halfling rogue.

But I haven't been on for a bit and probably won't be on tonight.

how do i join a channel?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    is it weird that i put my finger in my bellybutton and then smell it several times a day?
    is it weird that i put my finger in my bellybutton and then smell it several times a day?

Yes.

That is weird.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

take me now, here, in front of everyone
This discussion has been closed.