Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i am on my porch under the awning. it's raining heavily, i have a little tray table and my laptop. earbuds in, high volume. i can't hear anything but my music but i can occasionally glance up from my screen and see the rain pouring down and kids splashing around in it. i also am getting a cool, moist breeze. this is fucking heaven.

Do you have an old black man sitting next to you in a rocking chair playing the harmonica?

You are one old harmonica playing African American away from being 99.9% cool.
  • HonkHonk Registered User regular
    Read the weirdest story. A couple living in a house were away for two weeks. They had an oil heater but removed it and the basement oil tank a couple years ago. As often is you still keep the thing that the trucks pump oil in through since it is mounted to the outside wall. So anyway someone had pumped a thousand liters of oil straight into their basement.

That was a new one.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I watched War on Geminar

It is the worst anime I've ever watched. I did not blow my wad.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    OH MY GOD THE SUN IS SETTING BEAUTIFULLY OVER THE HORIZON

THIS IS PERFECT

@tl dr
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    This is certainly something

9tmucy.jpg

"Blow your wad"?

I saw that and everything else suddenly became suspect.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    tl dr is watching? shit uh...

*spends money*

*buys something because marketing told me to*

*eats processed foods*
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Those Eclipse screenshots really makes me want an iPad.
    Steam ID: DoctorArch Xbox Live: DoctorArch
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I watched War on Geminar

Tell me more. 8->
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    People can be pretty cheeky. I was in a bookshop today when a man turned up with his supermarket shopping and sat down on a seat and pulled out a newspaper and started reading it. No one bothered him but one should at least pretend to be interested in the books (the shop didn't sell newspapers).

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Also I don't have any games on my phone and have no desire to put any on it really (whenever I game mobile it's on my laptop, and that's not often), but I like to keep tabs on what's happening in the mobile space since it's where a lot of development attention and money is going at the moment.

That Ninja Village game looked pretty cool and gave me a very Shogun 2 meets Super Mario World vibe.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Yes... i have 4 test decks for my game made.

I am officially ready to begin playtesting my game.

Hurray hurrah.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Well the muffins are fabulous. First time out, and yep - baking is science. Follow the rules and you get wonderful things!
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Corehealer wrote: »
    That Ninja Village game looked pretty cool and gave me a very Shogun 2 meets Super Mario World vibe.

*google* Oh man kairosoft poooooort it tooo iOOOOOSSSS
    Honk wrote: »
    Read the weirdest story. A couple living in a house were away for two weeks. They had an oil heater but removed it and the basement oil tank a couple years ago. As often is you still keep the thing that the trucks pump oil in through since it is mounted to the outside wall. So anyway someone had pumped a thousand liters of oil straight into their basement.

That was a new one.

Did it take place in BC Canada?

There was a similar story involving a house here in town.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    trying to remember the upcoming iOS game that looks a lot like Zelda.

It looks pretty badass... there were videos and stuff.
    meat.jpg
    Kalkino wrote: »
    People can be pretty cheeky. I was in a bookshop today when a man turned up with his supermarket shopping and sat down on a seat and pulled out a newspaper and started reading it. No one bothered him but one should at least pretend to be interested in the books (the shop didn't sell newspapers).

You'd think if he had any frozen stuff or milk or something he'd be rushing home to get it all refrigerated first. And then read the newspaper at home.

And not in a bookstore, of all places.
    I watched War on Geminar

Tell me more. 8->

It's a worse harem anime than the original Tenchi. The main character is absolutely perfect and universally admired and even his 'flaws', which amount to simply being spineless and asexual, don't hinder him.
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Bizzaro Stormy is my favorite poster of all time
    JKKaAGp.png
    syndalis wrote: »
    trying to remember the upcoming iOS game that looks a lot like Zelda.

It looks pretty badass... there were videos and stuff.

oh right, why am I blanking on the name ... Oceanhorn.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    oh, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI65D8fX2OU

This is what I am looking forward to.
    meat.jpg
    that was the most complex muffin recipe I've ever seen

but I have not seen many

but that one was pretty hard

but wow it is tasty
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    spool32 wrote: »
    Well the muffins are fabulous. First time out, and yep - baking is science. Follow the rules and you get wonderful things!

I love to "eye ball" measurements. It's stupid but when it works out I feel like the smuggest smug git to have ever smugged.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Also I don't have any games on my phone and have no desire to put any on it really (whenever I game mobile it's on my laptop, and that's not often), but I like to keep tabs on what's happening in the mobile space since it's where a lot of development attention and money is going at the moment.

hmm, very much not like a total war game since you don't control the battles (you set up your troops / heroes then watch it happen).

There is a kind of "Tycoon" aspect of setting up your town to produce goods that travelers buy. Then you use the money to buy troops and outfit your heroes. Every place you conquer unlocks either stuff for your heroes (weapons etc...) or new buildings for the town.

edit: the town part is a lot like Epic Astro story or a little like Beastie Bay
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Kalkino wrote: »

You'd think if he had any frozen stuff or milk or something he'd be rushing home to get it all refrigerated first. And then read the newspaper at home.

And not in a bookstore, of all places.

Yeah. Although I guess on the other hand, central London seems to be full of people lounging about so why not him? When I was at the museum a few minutes before people were laying about in the foyer having taken their shoes off. I can sympathise with walking too much as a tourist but decorum seems to be worth little to these people
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Buy Eclipse in its giant box with beautifully printed card parts and hundreds and hundreds of lovely pieces instead.
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    Saw Star Trek. Hmmmmmm.
    And fuck you iPhone spellcheck!

You knew I was trying to spell smug not snug, yet you continued to suggest it again, and again, and again!
    I watched War on Geminar

Tell me more. 8->

It's a worse harem anime than the original Tenchi. The main character is absolutely perfect and universally admired and even his 'flaws', which amount to simply being spineless and asexual, don't hinder him.

I think I'd rather watch a hentai anime and just cut out the BS pretensions if I was going to watch that kind of thing at all; in fact, with such things in existence, why wouldn't someone just go buy into that instead? What is even the market for this?

If it had a good story maybe, but it's looking like it's pretty generic.
    I don't get why developers want to build regular games that are designed for buttons and joysticks on a touch screen device.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    The iPad, and sometimes the iPhone, has a pretty good selection of boardgames available, Corehealer. They are my favorite games to play on iOS.

I have an Android phone, but I'm sure if I went looking I could find comparable apps.

I picked up Ninja Village (by Kairosoft, the Game Dev Story / Dungeon Village people) lately on Android and its quite fun.

Kairosoft. For when you just need gaming crack on a handheld.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Saw Star Trek. Hmmmmmm.

Can you elaborate on your hmmm in a spoiler free fashion?

(We're probably seeing it in the next few days)
    And fuck you iPhone spellcheck!

You knew I was trying to spell smug not snug, yet you continued to suggest it again, and again, and again!

Remind me to amend your phone dictionary to correct smug or snug to Smaug, Lord of the Lonely Mountain
    I watched War on Geminar

Tell me more. 8->

I think I'd rather watch a hentai anime and just cut out the BS pretensions if I was going to watch that kind of thing at all; in fact, with such things in existence, why wouldn't someone just go buy into that instead? What is even the market for this?

If it had a good story maybe, but it's looking like it's pretty generic.

Because hentai is even worse.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The iPad, and sometimes the iPhone, has a pretty good selection of boardgames available, Corehealer. They are my favorite games to play on iOS.

I have an Android phone, but I'm sure if I went looking I could find comparable apps.

I picked up Ninja Village (by Kairosoft, the Game Dev Story / Dungeon Village people) lately on Android and its quite fun.

Kairosoft. For when you just need gaming crack on a handheld.

and, most importantly, they will not yank you around with microtransactions or FTP bullshit. You give them a few bucks and they give you the game.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Saw Star Trek. Hmmmmmm.

Oh I so fucking knew it!

I am both disgustingly pleased with myself yet also sad to hear it.

Plus, ill most likely end up seeing it regardless.

japan wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Buy Eclipse in its giant box with beautifully printed card parts and hundreds and hundreds of lovely pieces instead.

According to the review of iOS Eclipse the setup time and number of pieces involved in the physical boardgame isn't exactly something that tickles my pleasure center.
    Saw Star Trek. Hmmmmmm.

That bad huh? Or was it just unnerving having lived on old Trek?

Also, we were mentioning earlier in chat in relation to you being from Nottingham how lots of people must go there because of Robin Hood. Do you guys have any tourist traps or whatnot set up to try and benefit from the legend?
    l4z2NZal.jpg

N7KGp9sl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.