Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    sarksus what is that ios board game you were talking about

is it good

yeah bro but nobody else seems to have fucking bought it so I'm stuck playing against AI

It's called Eclipse
    Sarksus on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

is it good

yeah bro but nobody else seems to have fucking bought it so I'm stuck playing against AI

It's called Eclipse

have you tried to see how the AI responds to torpedo spam? I am curious.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna play my first game of Raiders and Relics tonight, with Winky. I am scared.

No need to be scared.

Just tell someone where you'll be, and what time to expect you back.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

is it good

It's called Eclipse

okay downloading

after i play a bit we can play together

is it good

It's called Eclipse

No because I suck. I was playing the science dudes and by the time I got the plasma torpedoes the game was almost over, I was slow to build up my fleet due to a lack of materials and I had very few solar systems. Wasn't really in a position to test their response.
    GOOD SKIPPY

EXCELLENT
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

is it good

It's called Eclipse

I'll buy it.

@spawnbroker said the physical game is great
    meat.jpg
  • HonkHonk Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Is Torchlight II different enough from Diablo III to be worth $6.79?

I'd say yes. Though I could not play more than 3 hours of TL2 when it came out - right after 2 months of wasting time on D3.
    EXCELLENT SYNDALIS

TREMENDOUS
    NOW WHERE'S @DESC HUH
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    wat
    there you are, mr. eclipse is great and then doesn't buy the ipad game
    hey sarks have you checked out Sid Meier's Ace Patrol on iPad?

I bought it! I will do the tutorial this weekend, I promise.
    desc wrote: »

No I haven't. I saw your post in the iOS thread and the game looked really...nineties.

I bought it! I will do the tutorial this weekend, I promise.

MHMM

No I haven't. I saw your post in the iOS thread and the game looked really...nineties.

wat

you're a nerd
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    eclipse_nov_update.jpg

Good to see iOS games are moving away from simple mechanics and cow clickers into real gaming territory; this looks rather in depth for something you can play on a tablet or smartphone.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Sarksus murdered my people in Eclipse.

It was ugly.
    The iPad, and sometimes the iPhone, has a pretty good selection of boardgames available, Corehealer. They are my favorite games to play on iOS.
    Mim wrote: »

It was ugly.

We were running short on time and the game needed to end.

Those plasma torpedoes are pretty merciless.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    The iPad, and sometimes the iPhone, has a pretty good selection of boardgames available, Corehealer. They are my favorite games to play on iOS.

ascension and ticket to ride
  • MimMim Registered User regular

It was ugly.

MURDERER
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

I have an Android phone, but I'm sure if I went looking I could find comparable apps.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).

is it good

It's called Eclipse

No because I suck. I was playing the science dudes and by the time I got the plasma torpedoes the game was almost over, I was slow to build up my fleet due to a lack of materials and I had very few solar systems. Wasn't really in a position to test their response.

ah, ok. Also sometimes the torpedo tech just never comes out until late game (since its a random draw each turn)
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    eclipse_nov_update.jpg

Good to see iOS games are moving away from simple mechanics and cow clickers into real gaming territory; this looks rather in depth for something you can play on a tablet or smartphone.

Isn't that Eclipse?

It's a boardgame that's had an iOS version released, rather than an iOS game per se.
    eclipse_nov_update.jpg

its a port of a recent, and quite good, board game.

Very simple compared to Master of Orion 2 but it's excellent on cardboard.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

I have an Android phone, but I'm sure if I went looking I could find comparable apps.

games really are one of the strong suits for iOS right now.

Mind you, android is getting better in this department, but companies who want to charge 5-20 dollars for a thing focus on iOS first because iOS people are far more willing to spend money on premium apps.
    meat.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Of course the thing with the physical version of Eclipse is that it requires an enormous table.

I picked up Ninja Village (by Kairosoft, the Game Dev Story / Dungeon Village people) lately on Android and its quite fun.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i've been trying to find out if there are any android phone games I should be checking out now that i've moved away from 100% iOS on my devices.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

ascension and ticket to ride

ticket to ride europe was free in the apple store the other day so i picked it up for my iphone. Choo-chooing through Paris erryday.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I checked my mailbox at my new place and I already had an invitation to my new neighborhoods annual spring potluck . We have potlucks guys!

It was ugly.

they are indeed. The only counter I have found to them is enough armor on Cruisers (the middle size ships) to need 5 hits to kill a ship.

As far as I am aware the big names that are porting boardgames to iOS aren't porting to Android.
    I usually visit this site every once and awhile to check on iPad boardgame news

http://ipadboardgames.org/
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    "Variety is the spice of Life" I say, shredding bits of paper into a pot of my famous magazine soup.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    This is certainly something

9tmucy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.