Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    You know what game I regret buying?

Anarchy Reigns.

Great game, real fun, Multiplayer that died within a week.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    You can always tell when my ADD kicks in and I get bored with a tangent. It goes from super overwrought and detailed to "and for some reason you have to move to Boise"
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    D'aw.

My dog has taken to immediately running under my legs when there's a flash of lightening.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    didn't that ddr guy used to post on PA

Yep

Yep

wa..

was it you
    Quid wrote: »
    D'aw.

My dog has taken to immediately running under my legs when there's a flash of lightening.

thundershirt
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    that beyonce guy is just trying to explore himself you monster :(
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    and now my wife is watching varsity blues this is the worst night ever

First thing Im doing when we move is buying a second tv
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Organichu wrote: »

This tell me 2 things.

you've done something similar, and I will one day find it on youtube.

• QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Redmachinex DDR remains one of my most favorite videos ever.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    That was a tasty salmon. Now the only question remaining is what game to play...
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Anarchy Reigns.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49904/anarchy-reigns/
    Weird. Seems like it sold okay for a new franchise.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    grilling steaks tonight, ribeye for me, filet for the lady, baked potatoes, and grilled corn. Smoking the steak out with some Jack Daniels soaked wood chips
    I can't really decide what my favorite youtube video is. Probably bootleg fireworks, because I grew up in a neighborhood like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRItYDKSqpQ
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i never passed judgement

i merely shared

R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    was that a volcano island that 'sploded riemann
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    progress on the map for my D&D game (I can send the background info for this via PM if anyone is curious)

not great, but good enough for my purposes and about the best I am capable of for now
    [img]http://i.imgu r.com/x67tYQr.jpg[/img]

What did you draw it in?
    Quid wrote: »
    D'aw.

thundershirt

We bought a thundershirt.

Didn't work.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I can't really decide what my favorite youtube video is. Probably bootleg fireworks, because I grew up in a neighborhood like that.

- That was hilarious.

- Isn't that illegal?
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tamin wrote: »
    progress on the map for my D&D game (I can send the background info for this via PM if anyone is curious)

not great, but good enough for my purposes and about the best I am capable of for now

What did you draw it in?

photoshop CS5 (friend works at Adobe hooked me up at employee prices) using a cheap little bamboo tablet (edit: the one that was $50 a few years ago)

I have all the outlines and color fills on different names layers. I think the sea color is a bit heavy. But with the layering I can texturize it later.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

- That was hilarious.

- Isn't that illegal?

Depends on the city/town laws. But likely.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    edited May 2013
    maybe, maybe not Core. Fireworks aren't illegal in much of the south. A lot of cities have ordinances against using them within the limits, but I've personally never, ever seen it enforced, and if you're outside city limits, all's fair. On the Georgia/Alabama state line on I-85 there are two giant warehouse firework stands open year round. That's not really uncommon in the south. They're everywhere. Most of them are only open near the firework holidays but there are always a few year rounders

you are never more than 45minutes away from low grade explosives at any given time south of the mason dixon
    Ludious on
    desc wrote: »

I was thinking about the remnants of an impact crater while drawing it but it does look more volcanic
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

Yep

wa..

was it you

No it was Red Machine D
    emnmnme wrote: »

Anarchy Reigns.

Dont link VG chartz they are incredibly unreliable
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular

What did you draw it in?

photoshop CS5 (friend works at Adobe hooked me up at employee prices) using a cheap little bamboo tablet

I have all the outlines and color fills on different names layers. I think the sea color is a bit heavy. But with the layering I can texturize it later.

Have you looked into AutoRealm? I'd link, but am on the phone. It seemed pretty cool when I used it last.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Bootleg Fireworks is a classic. It makes the youtube experience ever sweeter.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

I was thinking about the remnants of an impact crater while drawing it but it does look more volcanic

Volcano is also more plausible on the coast and it could work well for the setting of some volcanic lava tubes to have your party explore.

A crater of a meteor impact/other kind of impact/explosion would work if your going for something with a bit more flair and epicness.

What did you draw it in?

photoshop CS5 (friend works at Adobe hooked me up at employee prices) using a cheap little bamboo tablet

Have you looked into AutoRealm? I'd link, but am on the phone. It seemed pretty cool when I used it last.

I've never heard of that no. I am checking it out now.

Anarchy Reigns.

Either way, after a week of the game coming out, i could not find enough people playing to get the minimum number of people in a lobby.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Volcano is also more plausible on the coast and it could work well for the setting of some volcanic lava tubes to have your party explore.

A crater of a meteor impact/other kind of impact/explosion would work if your going for something with a bit more flair and epicness.

or depending on magic level the classic "messed up giant infernal portal" or "metamagical implosion" or whatever
    Steel Magnolias is just awful.

Now, if you want a southern chick-friendly film that is awesome, I recommend Fried Green Tomatoes.

Anarchy Reigns.

Either way, after a week of the game coming out, i could not find enough people playing to get the minimum number of people in a lobby.

Issue was the people who really wanted it bought it when it came out in Japan because it was region free and Sega had no date for it over here.
    edited May 2013
    Shit like that should be the unspoken newbie rule. Give the newbie shit that should not be combined and watch the fireworks. When the entire party is wiped because he dabbled, the shit he'll be given will forever teach him a lesson he won't soon forget

unless they get early onset Alzheimer's

then you can do it repeatedly.
    Ludious on

Anarchy Reigns.

Issue was the people who really wanted it bought it when it came out in Japan because it was region free and Sega had no date for it over here.

That and there was basically no advertising, so people who didn't really want it already were barely aware of its existence...
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

Hmm, I wonder if that's where the name for this came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTwseUfqLnU
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Steel Magnolias is just awful.

Now, if you want a southern chick-friendly film that is awesome, I recommend Fried Green Tomatoes.

It really is so bad. And I'm sure Fried Green Tomatoes will be on the list. So is Gone with the Wind.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
This discussion has been closed.