Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    there are actually games for the Wii? I thought you just bought that to sit in the corner and make you question what went wrong in your life

Nah, you buy a Wii if you like sports but are too lazy to go to a golf course or a tennis court and would rather waggle the controller on your couch with that one cousin you only see once a year who smells like cottage cheese.

yeah..right.. I only have ONE cousin like that
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    sopwith pup fighter unlocked

I am about to take it to the god damned Huns now

@desc

Is this Ace Patrol?

I was just looking at that on iPad.

To go with Eclipse and Leviathan Warships.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I sing nice songs about summer loving and you

You tell me to wear a paper bag

YOU NEVER LOVED ME

I'm just messing with you, I love all my internet friends. You guys are great and raise my self esteem.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    shalmelo wrote: »

Give Jerry what for, your lordship.

SORRY JERRY

HOPE YOU DIDN'T NEED THOSE SUPPLY TRAINS
    desc on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I liked Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2...

i also have Brawl...

i regret getting my Wii. :\
    21stCentury on
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    spool if I could awesome it 3 times I would. That might be the only funny thing achewood ever did, and you had to help it
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    I wonder when they're gonna let Julia Roberts and Sarah Jessica Parker retire to a nice petting zoo in Albuquerque where they can give rides to 8 year olds

Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Why the long face?"
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/NvKo5FX.gif

bitches don't know about my kicks.

it is legit not easy to kick that fast

I don't understand how she's scooting forward on one foot.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Watching last week's Doctor Who.

I'm pretty sure Strax is just Cotton Hill.

ll361Kkl.jpg

"I killed fity men!"

"Did you sit on them, you poor excuse for an art deco statue?"
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Would this be a new episode or a rerun? McAvoy yells at a group of college students, then blames it on vertigo medicine.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    You know, now that I'm looking at Torchlight II (bought it)... Diablo 3 is an incredibly pretty game.
    network_sig2.png
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    I like horse faces, although I think of them as bird faces

I also like my wii, although I think of it as bird faces
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    shalmelo wrote: »

Give Jerry what for, your lordship.

SORRY JERRY

HOPE YOU DIDN'T NEED THOSE SUPPLY TRAINS

Jolly good, sir. I'll have a kettle on for your cuppa when you land.
    shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    You know, now that I'm looking at Torchlight II (bought it)... Diablo 3 is an incredibly pretty game.

Torchlight 2 cost you, what, 10% of what Diablo 3 cost you?

would you say Diablo 3 really looks 10 times better than torchlight 2?

About the only thing it has going for it, honestly. I also like TL2's style.
    sorry, no

the soptwith turns sharper than your fokker

so actually we fucked your trains into the ground and you got your little shots off and now we're circling in for the kill

you done fucked up in the game, son
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I like the look of Torchlight 2 so much better than Diablo 3.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Would this be a new episode or a rerun? McAvoy yells at a group of college students, then blames it on vertigo medicine.

Thats the first episode, since the first season ended there have been no new episodes
    I wonder when they're gonna let Julia Roberts and Sarah Jessica Parker retire to a nice petting zoo in Albuquerque where they can give rides to 8 year olds

557442_4698085014995_595286723_n.jpg
    network_sig2.png
    tamin if you like the first ep you'll love the series. I wasn't really into it until 3-4 in.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson

That wasn't really a comparison. TL2's definitely got a cool looking style of its own going.

But fuck D3 was a good-looking game.
    network_sig2.png
    sorry, no

so actually we fucked your trains into the ground and you got your little shots off and now we're circling in for the kill

Mmmm, delicious Soptwith Camels. So strafey. So bisexual.

They'll fuck over any plane.
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Thats the first episode, since the first season ended there have been no new episodes

Oh, good. Kinda feels like a premiere, but...

Thanks.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Seriously Newsroom S2 doesnt start until late July? thats cray
    RAF_Sopwith_Camel.jpg

unf
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Everyone back the torchbearer kickstarter now
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    spool if I could awesome it 3 times I would. That might be the only funny thing achewood ever did, and you had to help it

It was inspired, I'll admit. :)
    spool32 on
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

i also have Brawl...

I never owned a Wii but it couldn't have been that bad. You had plenty of non-Nintendo choices like Just Dance, Ninjabread Man, and Carnival Games.

... oh my god.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/12/04/just-dance-review

OH MY GOD.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332112/just-dance-sales-top-25-million/
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Seriously Newsroom S2 doesnt start until late July? thats cray

thought it was sooner, saw ads already and got is like halfway over already. oh well.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    You will thank me later
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.

That wasn't really a comparison. TL2's definitely got a cool looking style of its own going.

But fuck D3 was a good-looking game.

Of that there is no doubt; if there's one thing Blizzard doesn't fuck up, it's graphics. They've even done a decent job sprucing up the drawn on textures of WoW with lots of new HD textures.

Why would i want to kickstart a love letter to the past?

We should strive to go forward, not stay in the past.
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

557442_4698085014995_595286723_n.jpg

What do you call a frowning Pockistanni?
    MentalExercise on
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
    How did Newsroom end up? I only watched until maybe episode 7 until I realized I didn't really care for it. It was like the moralizing of The West Wing without the interesting Inside Baseball stuff going on.
    network_sig2.png
    sorry, no

i'm not trying to slut shame

but my two rookie pilots in sopwiths will fuck all comers

after waiting a really long time for turn-based aerial combat I fucking love this game

I am getting tipsy and inappropriate in my enthusiasm
    emnmnme wrote: »

i also have Brawl...

I never owned a Wii but it couldn't have been that bad. You had plenty of non-Nintendo choices like Just Dance, Ninjabread Man, and Carnival Games.

... oh my god.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/12/04/just-dance-review

OH MY GOD.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332112/just-dance-sales-top-25-million/

This isn't even worthy of Farnsworth anymore.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

bleh, looking at it now and am very unimpressed. Would rather play 4th ed or just bust out the Rules Cyclopedia.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

Why would i want to kickstart a love letter to the past?

We should strive to go forward, not stay in the past.

Because the game is a step forward

It takes the essential concept of dungeon crawling

And, through the mechanics of Beliefs and Instincts
    Poets your character to invest in the situation
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/NvKo5FX.gif

bitches don't know about my kicks.

it is legit not easy to kick that fast

I don't understand how she's scooting forward on one foot.

It is extremely easy to generate forward momentum assuming you can kick hard enough
    JKKaAGp.png
    sorry, no

i'm not trying to slut shame

but my two rookie pilots in sopwiths will fuck all comers

after waiting a really long time for turn-based aerial combat I fucking love this game

I am getting tipsy and inappropriate in my enthusiasm

I dare say this fine ace is getting the vapours.
This discussion has been closed.