Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/NvKo5FX.gif

bitches don't know about my kicks.

it is legit not easy to kick that fast

I don't understand how she's scooting forward on one foot.

It is extremely easy to generate forward momentum assuming you can kick hard enough

She's pretty clearly sidling using the bottom leg.
    network_sig2.png
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Everyone back the torchbearer kickstarter now

bleh, looking at it now and am very unimpressed. Would rather play 4th ed or just bust out the Rules Cyclopedia.

Dumb

It's a more advanced version of mouse guard

Saying you would rather play 4th seems quite odd

The game is meant to be a crawler, but its meant to be about the same difficult decision making that all other BW games are
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    sopwith pup fighter unlocked

I am about to take it to the god damned Huns now

@desc

Is this Ace Patrol?

I was just looking at that on iPad.

To go with Eclipse and Leviathan Warships.

blud it is super fun so far

it's Wings of War on hexes

also I am not sure if WWI was actually this multi-gendered and multi-racial but I enjoy the little crew and picking skills for pilots.

my main leader has taken a lot of spins and a full flip, while my guy who started with crack shot is taking little slip maneuvers to shimmy up behind planes and rock his high attack percentages.

make it turn based and let me level up a squad of guys and you already have me.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i understand mandarin chinese more than i understand not liking achewood
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/NvKo5FX.gif

bitches don't know about my kicks.

it is legit not easy to kick that fast

I don't understand how she's scooting forward on one foot.

It is extremely easy to generate forward momentum assuming you can kick hard enough

She's rotating her leg and alternating her weight between heel and ball of her foot.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    to impress Riemann, the math would have to be done by Andrew Wiles, the worldbuilding by Tolkien, and the classes by Turbine
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    man, my hair does not fro well
    YOU CAN RENAME PILOTS
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I liked Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2...

i also have Brawl...

i regret getting my Wii. :\

I never owned a Wii but it couldn't have been that bad. You had plenty of non-Nintendo choices like Just Dance, Ninjabread Man, and Carnival Games.

... oh my god.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/12/04/just-dance-review

OH MY GOD.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332112/just-dance-sales-top-25-million/

They are some weird, but fun, games on the wii. Endless Ocean and Deadly Creatures come to mind.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

bleh, looking at it now and am very unimpressed. Would rather play 4th ed or just bust out the Rules Cyclopedia.

Dumb

The game is meant to be a crawler, but its meant to be about the same difficult decision making that all other BW games are

that's the point. When dungeon crawling I want interesting tactics and combat since that is the focus. Mousegaurd combat is a step up from some systems in how streamlined it is but it is basically taking the track of "we can't / wont make combat interesting in and of itself so we will make it less of a burden than most games". That's great in a setting where combat isn't the focus.

But I'd rather have 4e and interesting tactics in a dungeon crawl.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    YOU CAN RENAME PILOTS

DIBS!
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

mim with a fro? does not compute!
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    YOU CAN RENAME PILOTS

CHAT SQUADRON
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    BW games are good

Granted, they are not for everyone

They scratch the itch they are aiming for better than any other, IMO

In most games you never have to progress beyond choosing a class and picking a weapon in terms of character development

Development is at the core of these systems, and if you are actually interested in that, like I said, nothing does it better, zzimo
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
    edited May 2013
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I wonder when they're gonna let Julia Roberts and Sarah Jessica Parker retire to a nice petting zoo in Albuquerque where they can give rides to 8 year olds

Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Why the long face?"

557442_4698085014995_595286723_n.jpg

What do you call a frowning Pockistanni?

Hamurabi!

Edit: phone posting sucks.
    MentalExercise on
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

My first thought is that encumbrance rules are the first thing I ignore unless they are being abused.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Plan B
    blackhair4.gif
    FrenchCat2.jpg

Dumb

that's the point. When dungeon crawling I want interesting tactics and combat since that is the focus. Mousegaurd combat is a step up from some systems in how streamlined it is but it is basically taking the track of "we can't / wont make combat interesting in and of itself so we will make it less of a burden than most games". That's great in a setting where combat isn't the focus.

Hahahahahahaahahaha

Okay

I guess that's one way to look at it

I mean, it's fundamentally wrong

But you can have an opinion
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    to impress Riemann, the math would have to be done by Andrew Wiles, the worldbuilding by Tolkien, and the classes by Turbine

I suck at math and min/maxing, but I love building worlds. I do it all the time.

Tolkien is sadly dead. Am I up to the challenge?
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Dumb

Hahahahahahaahahaha

Okay

care to offer an actual argument or are you just gonna hipster it up as per usual?
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    I am so drunk
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Getting ready for the first night of partyin' for senior week!! :)

Tina_HGH.gif
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I am so drunk

this is the first trait I look for in a pilot

you're hired
    Have fun Raven!
    I won the fight!!!
    @tapeslinger
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I liked Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2...

i also have Brawl...

i regret getting my Wii. :\

I never owned a Wii but it couldn't have been that bad. You had plenty of non-Nintendo choices like Just Dance, Ninjabread Man, and Carnival Games.

... oh my god.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/12/04/just-dance-review

OH MY GOD.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332112/just-dance-sales-top-25-million/

They are some weird, but fun, games on the wii. Endless Ocean and Deadly Creatures come to mind.

Endless Ocean did not sound fun to me. From what I've pieced together, it's like driving around in a Grand Theft Auto game with no missions, no pedestrians, and no weapons - just exploring reefs and waving at passing sea turtles.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    I am so drunk

you're hired

I'll do u proud captains!
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    I am so drunk

you're hired

I'll do u proud captains!
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

mim with a fro? does not compute!

er...do you know what i look like
    guys Halberstadt D.II fighters spotted >:c

okay

Cpl. James 'Copycat' Broarwell (nickname already chosen by game because of his power)
    Charles "Core" Hillier
    Dee McBaser
    Shivahn Booker
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

Plan B
    blackhair4.gif

if girls like the one pictured knew about Plan B, Ghettos would vanish
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    [if I buy a pomegranate I can drank moar
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    [if I buy a pomegranate I can drank moar

I don't know how this works but do it

Plan B
    blackhair4.gif

such racism

Plan B
    blackhair4.gif

Ludious Sanger
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Deebaser

I bought the Counting Crows CD this evening... I'd lost it years ago. You know the one - August and Everything After, circa 1993. I still remember all the lyrics to the entire thing.

90s music best music
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Desc, I am dangerously on the edge and barely in control. I have a disrespect for authority and my ego is writing checks my body can't cash. Do you need another pilot?
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    I think I may just apply for that statuary job after all

Dumb

Hahahahahahaahahaha

Okay

care to offer an actual argument or are you just gonna hipster it up as per usual?

Sure

Your criticism of the game shows a lack if understanding of the system. Combat, is not, as you said, more streamlined. Every action interacts with the other actions in its own way, which requires quite a bit of system mastery.

So, to say you want tactics and dismiss this system as being base ignores the deep strategic game of scripting and predicting.

Need more?
This discussion has been closed.